Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your college major?

What was your college major?

Math was always my best and favorite subject in school. So I started my undergraduate life with a major in Mathematics but I didn’t have the aptitude for it so I got a bachelors in Economics.

Then in my 30s I got an Associates degree at night in Accounting. Which maybe due to my age but I got a lot more of that experience than university

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What was your college major?

Undergraduate degree in Mathematics and graduate degree in Mathematics.
    “It’s the mathematical potential for a single game to last forever, in a suspended world where no clock rules the day, that aligns baseball as much with the dead as the living.”
    ---- Bill Vaughn

"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." ---Tim Minchin("Storm")

Started off as a history major. I'd always been interested in history, and I had a really supportive teacher in high school who encouraged me to pursue that subject.

Once I got into college, the history professors I had were the exact opposite: uninspiring, not particularly encouraging. It took the wind out of my sails.

Then I had an English professor who asked me if I had ever considered majoring in English. She said I seemed to have a knack for it. And that's all it took to change my major from history to English.

I have degree in Film / Video

Accounting and Finance for undergrad and then law school.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

My Bachelor's degree is in Meteorology. I also have a graduate certificate (completed classes, but no thesis) in Computational Science.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Journalism and Spanish.

I am not wealthy.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

9. Likes:

CySeymour (10-29-2023),RedTeamGo! (10-19-2023)

Batchelor's in Business Admin. It got me in the door with the Feds. I have been either a Fed or contractor for them for over 33 years.
    Last edited by cumberlandreds; 10-19-2023 at 02:21 PM.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

GAC (12-22-2023),Roy Tucker (10-23-2023)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Originally, Film. Then Computer Science. And then I thought about Physical Therapy. I ended up dropping out and getting a job doing basic accounting stuff. Later, I got a job as a Web Developer/Database Manager and went to WGU for a BS in Business Admin during my free time.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

13. Likes:

CySeymour (10-29-2023)

Sociology

I am a software developer.
    School's out. What did you expect?

My undergrad degree is psychology from Ohio State and graduate degree in computer science from Wright State.

My undergrad I had no idea what I wanted to do and went mostly to stay out of Viet Nam. And then I stumbled into programming. Working for Wright State out of school, I got to take all the classes I wanted to for free which offset the lousy pay.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-19-2023),Revering4Blue (10-19-2023)

Bachelors in Business Admin - Marketing (major) and Professional Sales (minor)

I work in freight brokerage
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Mechanical engineer with a focus on fluid power. Afterwards, studied software and database development, which made a perfect blend for robotics. Today 80% of my work is software related.

19. Likes:

LiferJim (10-19-2023)

Liberal arts, dropped out to become a professional cook

undergrad math
    grad math
    made my living on those newfangled computer thingees.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Turn Off Ads?