Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Awesomeness Only

Re: Awesomeness Only

Well, my son tried out his songs for a groups of friends last night, and he did really well. I knew he was good at horns, but he must have been practicing on the guitar a lot over the winter. He kicked it off with two Marley songs, "Is This Love" and "No Woman No Cry", followed by Melissa by the Allman Brothers. Then he took out his trumpet and played and sang a really nice version of Fly Me To The Moon. Next was the dixieland thing he worked up on the sax, and ended it back on the guitar with the Jeff Buckley version of Hallelujah. We never had a TV, and I was always playing blues and jazz and reggae in the house, so I guess it rubbed off on him.

He got a lot of positive feedback, and one thing they all commented on was that he didn't have an ipad or anything with him to read the lyrics from, and knew everything by heart. I told him long ago that it really takes away from the rhythm and the connection with the audience if you use that as a crutch, and they were glad to see him let go and play.

So, he's the last one to leave the nest, so my job is done.

2. Likes:

bounty37h (04-18-2021),cumberlandreds (04-19-2021),goreds2 (04-18-2021),RFS62 (04-18-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Texas homeless man gets job, support after stranger's generosity: 'God is good'
    Kenneth Smith's journey started with a $100 Outback Steakhouse gift card

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/ho...-stranger-help
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I don't usually wish death on anyone, but I like animals more than most humans, so this got my attention: Poacher gets trampled by elephants.

Somehow the thought of an elephant poacher getting trampled by elephants is awesome.

6. Likes:

bounty37h (05-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    I don't usually wish death on anyone, but I like animals more than most humans, so this got my attention: Poacher gets trampled by elephants.

Somehow the thought of an elephant poacher getting trampled by elephants is awesome.
    That fits into the realm of whatever lies beyond awesome.

The Reds halted their 7 game losing streak early this morning.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    The Reds halted their 7 game losing streak early this morning.
    This thread is for awesomeness, not obvious fiction. There's no way the Reds win on the road against the defending World Champion Dodgers. Stop it.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (04-27-2021)

While most pre-teens are navigating the challenges of middle school, at age 12, Alena Analeigh has already earned her high school diploma and is set to attend Arizona State University via remote learning in May.

With a planned double major in astronomical/planetary science and chemistry, Alena’s goal is to become a NASA engineer by the time she’s 16, where she hopes to employ her extraordinary skills to build rovers like the ones sent to Mars on missions.
    https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/alen...-12-years-old/

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-29-2021)

Florida first responders free woman, daughter from mobile home crushed by large tree: 'Truly a miracle'

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-f...ruly-a-miracle

How One Developer is Turning Farm Storage into Soaring Yet Affordable Apartments

Produced by the U.S. Navy for use in World War II, and now consigned primarily for storage use on farms, the Quonset hut is experiencing a rebirth within the residential neighborhoods of Detroit. The long half-cylinder of corrugated steel, prefabricated in factories, was used by development company Prince Concepts to create a unique apartment building of eight high-ceilinged units for 30% less than comparable affordable housing in up-and-coming neighborhoods in the city.
    https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/quon...ince-concepts/

16. Likes:

WrongVerb (05-08-2021)

Turn Off Ads?