Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesomeness Only

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Awesomeness Only

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Shaq Gifted Thousands Of PS5s And Nintendo Switches To Underprivileged Kids On Christmas

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/...s-On-Christmas
    I forgot to say it in the other thread, but I appreciate you posting these stories in here.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

goreds2 (01-07-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Mrs. goreds2 had a follow up from a mammogram to double check things as they spotted something from that. Did an ultrasound today and the Results showed no cancer! Woot woot !!
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

5. Likes:

bing (01-13-2022),Boss-Hog (01-12-2022),Boston Red (01-12-2022),bounty37h (01-14-2022),cumberlandreds (01-12-2022),marcshoe (03-26-2022),moewan (01-16-2022),redhawkfish (01-13-2022),Revering4Blue (01-12-2022),WildcatFan (01-12-2022)

He Took Over His Father’s Motel, Now Finds Joy in Giving Free Rooms to Those in Need

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/he-t...-rooms-tiktok/

Rather than simply ponder the notion, Arya turned it into a reality, launching a “Free Room for You” program offering accommodations at no charge to anyone without viable housing.

From there, he says, his good deed simply “snowballed.”

Donations of food, toiletries, and funding to front room charges started pouring in. Local college students trucked over a stack of supplies from their food pantry. Arya’s Amazon Wish List was quickly maxed out with generous donations from supporters nationwide.

7. Likes:

bounty37h (02-23-2022),cumberlandreds (01-13-2022)

Professional Soccer Player explains he spends his money helping people in his country after being questioned about his cracked iPhone.

"I was hungry, and I had to work in the field; I survived hard times, played football barefooted, I did not have an education and many other things, but today with what I earn thanks to football, I can help my people,"
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-18-2022),goreds2 (01-18-2022),WrongVerb (01-18-2022)

High School Athletes Shovel Snow For Their Neighbors as Special Weightlifting Assignment for Football Team

Students in Western Pennsylvania had a snow day on Monday, but instead of staying home or meeting for an indoor workout, these teens on a high school football team were instructed by their coach to get outside and help their neighbors.

Coach Brian DeLallo at Bethel Park High School near Pittsburgh, took to Twitter to announce that Monday’s weightlifting session in the gymnasium was cancelled—but he had an alternative assignment for the young men.

“Due to the expected severe weather, Monday’s weightlifting workout has been cancelled. Find an elderly or disabled neighbor and shovel their driveway… that’s our Monday workout.”

He also told the boys not to accept any money.

By mid-morning more than 27 of the athletes were texting photos to the coach, with some saying they were on their 6th driveway.
    More here: https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/hs-f...for-neighbors/

11. Likes:

bounty37h (02-23-2022),redhawkfish (01-21-2022),SunDeck (01-21-2022)

University to pay tuition for students following error

A Michigan college is offering to pay the full tuition of dozens of high school students who were incorrectly told by the school that they had won full scholarships.

Central Michigan University said in a statement on Wednesday that it would be providing 58 high school seniors with an offer “to increase their award amount to the equivalent of a full-tuition scholarship” after it had accidentally told them they had received a Centralis Scholar Award, The New York Times reported.

According to the university, the award is given to high school seniors and covers their full tuition — $12,750 each year — as well as room and board and fees for all four years. Students also receive a study away award of $5,000.

​​It is not clear exactly how much more financial assistance those high school seniors will be receiving as a result of the mishap.

Staff members accidentally sent out the full-scholarship announcements to students while new messaging technology was piloted, Central Michigan told the Times.

The students had received a message from the school on Sunday that they had incorrectly been named awardees before it later issued a statement that their tuition would end up being covered for all four years to fix the error.

A Central Michigan spokesman said, however, that other privileges associated with the scholarship would not be given to the students, according to the Times.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...llowing-error/

Good to see the college do the right thing.

A Hero Just Passing By Saves Young Mom and Son From Dying in Wyoming House Fire

Pasborg told authorities that he could not see anything inside because of heavy smoke, so he crawled on his hands and knees on the floor several feet into the kitchen before he bumped into the small child. He immediately grabbed the boy around the waist, picked him up and carried him outside.

With a windchill temperature well below zero, Pasborg quickly put all four children in his truck to keep them warm before entering the burning home a second time, this time crawling through the kitchen deeper into the house in search of the children’s missing mother.

Moments later, Pasborg found the woman lying on the floor, badly burned and struggling to breath. After dragging her outside, he noticed that she was unresponsive and no longer breathing, so he began performing lifesaving measures until she suddenly took a gasp of air.
    https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/ryan...son-from-fire/

14. Likes:

bounty37h (02-23-2022),cumberlandreds (02-07-2022),Rdirtypirates (02-08-2022),RFS62 (02-10-2022)

5-Year-old Donates Everything He Has–30 Cents–to a Homeless Man, Teaching His Father a Lesson

He then rolled down the window and said, “I’m sorry man, I don’t have any cash on me, but my son back here wants to give you everything he has right now. He just turned 5.”

“And my God… The smile on that man’s face lit UP the intersection and he said to Justus, ‘God bless you little man! Thank you so much!’”

“The only thing that matched the brightness of that stranger’s smile after that moment was…the bigger smile on our ‘baby’ boy’s face!!”
    https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/5-yo...son-to-father/

16. Likes:

bounty37h (03-28-2022),cumberlandreds (03-08-2022)

As I have mentioned, I write and produce small indie films that no one sees, lol. We start shooting the next one on March 30th. Not that awesome, but we were able to sign Vivica A. Fox to play the lead. Not a big name, but the biggest name I have ever signed.

This means that I will be posting much less here, if at all, over the next month, so for the rest of Redszone, I am sure that is totally awesome
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

18. Likes:

bounty37h (03-28-2022),dubc47834 (12-21-2022),goreds2 (03-27-2022),marcshoe (03-26-2022),RFS62 (03-28-2022),RichRed (03-29-2022),SunDeck (03-24-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    As I have mentioned, I write and produce small indie films that no one sees, lol. We start shooting the next one on March 30th. Not that awesome, but we were able to sign Vivica A. Fox to play the lead. Not a big name, but the biggest name I have ever signed.

This means that I will be posting much less here, if at all, over the next month, so for the rest of Redszone, I am sure that is totally awesome
    That's awesome! Enjoyed her turn in Kill Bill Vol. 1.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

20. Likes:

757690 (03-23-2022)

Holocaust Survivors Reunite in Florida After a Labor Camp Friendship was Broken 80 Years Ago

Just teenagers at the time of their imprisonment, the two managed to both immigrate to the United States, specifically to Ohio, where they both lived for 40 years unaware of each other’s existence before eventually moving to South Florida.

“We were pushing coal to the oven to make heat to make power, and Jack said he worked at the same place!” Ron said of their time in the camp, according to CBS. “Hard work, bad conditions, cold, hunger, hundreds of people died. It wasn’t uncommon to wake up in the morning and find the person next to you cold.”

Despite living 40 miles apart, the two men are determined to keep the survivor’s flames burning, and fill in the massive gap of years with life stories. Ron occasionally makes appearances at schools to teach young people about his experiences.
    https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/holo...-imprisonment/

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-29-2022),SunDeck (03-28-2022)

I would say Vivica A. Fox is a pretty damn big name! Best wishes on your project!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

24. Likes:

757690 (03-30-2022),dubc47834 (12-21-2022)

Bless you for signing someone from Indiana! Good luck, 757690
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

26. Likes:

757690 (03-30-2022)

I loved her as Loretta Black.

28. Likes:

757690 (03-30-2022)

Thanks for the support. Vivica has been a sweetheart so far, a genuinely kind and generous person. Our first day of shooting is tomorrow, so I probably won't be posting much here for the next few weeks, but I will give an update when we wrap.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

30. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-21-2022)

Turn Off Ads?