Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell Needs To Go

Re: David Bell Needs To Go

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Davidson HR was fluke? How about the other 49 he has hit? I would argue that's exactly why he made this team....
    I don't think Davidson's HRs really exist. I believe they are just a hoax put forth to trick the Reds into letting him stay on the team.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Likes:

EnglishRed (08-08-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I don't think Davidson's HRs really exist. I believe they are just a hoax put forth to trick the Reds into letting him stay on the team.
    I had to watch it a few times, check the official MLB and Reds twitter that it wasn't mistaken identity, and get someone on here to repeat their Davidson 3 run bomb post, just to be sure.

5. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-08-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    DOUG I MEANT WHY wasnt he asked about a.a.
    BRUCE DAVID BELL DOESN'T SET THE ROSTER so it wouldn't make a ton of sense to ask him why Aristides Aquino isn't on it.

7. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-08-2020),bm1475 (08-08-2020),GAC (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    BRUCE DAVID BELL DOESN'T SET THE ROSTER so it wouldn't make a ton of sense to ask him why Aristides Aquino isn't on it.
    This is true, but it would also be foolish to assume Bell has no influence over the roster.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

9. Likes:

redsfanmia (08-08-2020)

Why won't David Bell call Aristides Aquino up to fix the bullpen?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (08-09-2020),klw (08-09-2020),OGB (08-09-2020),Ron Madden (08-08-2020),westofyou (08-08-2020),WrongVerb (08-09-2020)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Why won't David Bell call Aristides Aquino up to fix the bullpen?
    Because he has Matt Davidson in the bullpen.

13. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (08-09-2020),M2 (08-09-2020),thatcoolguy_22 (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    A fluke? How do we know? What's the process we used to come to that conclusion?

As for Senzel, He left a game the team was winning big because of muscle tightness. I'd rather he do that then rip his leg and crash on the warning track like Junior did.
    Davidson’s career screams AAAA. A good game for him is a fluke.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (08-08-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Yeah I still think that Davidson has never really stuck in the majors for a good reason and that putting him in the heart of the lineup is a bad decision that just happened to work out that time.

Not that I even really care about lineup construction all that much either necessarily, but them batting him cleanup tells me that they think way more highly of him than they should.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (08-12-2020),RedTeamGo! (08-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah I still think that Davidson has never really stuck in the majors for a good reason and that putting him in the heart of the lineup is a bad decision that just happened to work out that time.

Not that I even really care about lineup construction all that much either necessarily, but them batting him cleanup tells me that they think way more highly of him than they should.
    That’s a bingo
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Don't know much about his glove so may not be a good comp but Davidson reminds me a lot of Adam Duvall.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah I still thinthat Davidson has never really stuck in the majors for a good reason and that putting him in the heart of the lineup is a bad decision that just happened to work out that time.

He hits lefties quite well.

Why do you make Billy keep pointing to Pete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar to my post in the game thread... My mind isn't made up on Bell, but to be honest I'm questioning his man-management after tonight. Putting Lorenzen in there tonight in that situation when it's clear his confidence is shot and he's all over the place is not good management. Lorenzen takes culpability because there's no way he should be pitching that badly but it's clear that something is wrong, mental or physical with him. it should be clear to Bell too. He was either going to sink or swim in that scenario but with what's happened for him so far this season your money would be on sinking and a good manager wouldn't have failed to spot that likelihood and the damage it could do. You have to protect your players. I guess where Lorenzen goes from here is a question for another topic, but Bell needs to have a long hard look at himself for that. He basically left the loaded revolver on the table and walked out of the room.

22. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-09-2020),REDREAD (08-12-2020)

Another bad move by Bell...Sonny just didn't have it today. Should have pinch hit for Tucker. And why the heck is Lorenzen still pitching?? He's given up runs in 5 of 6 appearances this year. Did Bell not learn anything last year from his atrocious handling of David Hernandez last year?
    Last edited by DocRed; 08-09-2020 at 05:31 PM.

24. Likes:

OGB (08-09-2020),REDREAD (08-12-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
    Similar to my post in the game thread... My mind isn't made up on Bell, but to be honest I'm questioning his man-management after tonight. Putting Lorenzen in there tonight in that situation when it's clear his confidence is shot and he's all over the place is not good management. Lorenzen takes culpability because there's no way he should be pitching that badly but it's clear that something is wrong, mental or physical with him. it should be clear to Bell too. He was either going to sink or swim in that scenario but with what's happened for him so far this season your money would be on sinking and a good manager wouldn't have failed to spot that likelihood and the damage it could do. You have to protect your players. I guess where Lorenzen goes from here is a question for another topic, but Bell needs to have a long hard look at himself for that. He basically left the loaded revolver on the table and walked out of the room.
    Who should he have put in the game other than Lorenzen? It wasn't going to be Iglesias. Bell wasn't going to waste Garrett in the 5th inning either.

I can't blame Bell for giving Lorenzen the ball in the 5th inning, crossing his fingers and hoping he'd perform like he has most of his career. It's not like he has a bunch of great options down there.

Unfortunately, Lorenzen has absolutely sucked this year and considering he was arguably the key to the bullpen coming into the season, that means disaster.

Edit: I don't know how to fix Lorenzen, but at this point, he shouldn't be an option going forward. Bell has given him multiple opportunities to work himself out of it and he's failed every time.

26. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-09-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    Who should he have put in the game other than Lorenzen? It wasn't going to be Iglesias. Bell wasn't going to waste Garrett in the 5th inning either.

I can't blame Bell for giving Lorenzen the ball in the 5th inning, crossing his fingers and hoping he'd perform like he has most of his career. It's not like he has a bunch of great options down there.

Unfortunately, Lorenzen has absolutely sucked this year and considering he was arguably the key to the bullpen coming into the season, that means disaster.

Edit: I don't know how to fix Lorenzen, but at this point, he shouldn't be an option going forward. Bell has given him multiple opportunities to work himself out of it and he's failed every time.
    I would have been fine with anyone other than Lorenzen or Reed in that situation. There is a good chance that person would have also blown the lead, but everyone knew that Lorenzen would do exactly what he did.

28. Likes:

DocRed (08-09-2020),MrRedSkull (08-09-2020)

Turn Off Ads?