Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell Needs To Go

Re: David Bell Needs To Go

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm probably overthinking it but the "X Needs to Go" thread title becoming a meme for new managers seems to imply that my "Bryan Price Needs to Go" threads were somehow overreactive or unfair. I started the first one two and a half years into that dummy's tenure, and I think it's pretty clear to all involved now that he needed to go even sooner than that.
    Before this post, did anyone other than you remember that you started that thread?

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-22-2018),Norm Chortleton (10-22-2018),TRF (10-23-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Before this post, did anyone other than you remember that you started that thread?
    What thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Probably not. I’m not saying it was some personal shot, but rather that I find it weird that legitimate calls for Price to be fired are now being tied in with joke threads (there was the Riggleman one too) about how a new manager needs to be fired.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Meme is the highest form of flattery.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

7. Likes:

Chip R (10-22-2018),REDREAD (10-22-2018)

Probably not. I’m not saying it was some personal shot, but rather that I find it weird that legitimate calls for Price to be fired are now being tied in with joke threads (there was the Riggleman one too) about how a new manager needs to be fired.
    You are being oversensitive on this.
    If there were any complaints for Price being fired (I don't remember any, but there probably were some), it was in the vast minority.
    Sure, there were defenders of Price at first, but that guy long overstayed his welcome.
    No one is taking a shot at you, relax.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

9. Likes:

Chip R (10-22-2018),TheBigLebowski (10-22-2018)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Time to move on. The new meat just isn't a good fit. He had his chance.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

11. Likes:

M2 (10-22-2018)

I don’t think anyone is taking a shot at Servo per se.

But it is a tradition to try to get in on the ground floor when it comes to dismissing managers and players. Servo’s thread (I don’t even know that Tom was an early Price hater) which history will smile upon was just an easy point of reference for the satire.

But look carefully guys...seeds are being planted for future “I told you so’s.”

13. Likes:

Chip R (10-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

But it is a tradition to try to get in on the ground floor when it comes to dismissing managers and players. Servo’s thread (I don’t even know that Tom was an early Price hater) which history will smile upon was just an easy point of reference for the satire.

Right. And look, I don't feel slighted or anything, I'm just bummed that what I think was a valid, boring thread title is what has become a only tangentially-related meme, when "loser and a dummy" and "little baby bird brains" are right there.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...ce-Needs-to-Go
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Why isn’t Edwin playing?
    He is on the DL with Carpel Tunnel syndrome brought on by having to shine Zach Stewart's Cy Young Awards.

- - - Updated - - -

You should have gotten Copyright and Trademark protection for you thread title.

16. Likes:

Chip R (10-22-2018),Hoosier Red (10-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

It's no different than someone hiring a coach in football or basketball and starting a "FireSoandSo.com" website. We're just poking fun at ourselves as RedsZoners and sports fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-22-2018)

Why didn't they go & hire Pete? He weren't doin' nuthin.'

I certainly wasn't taking a shot at Servo. Just maintaining a RZ Meme that has now vitually become canon.

21. Likes:

Tom Servo (10-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Jim Coombs would have been the better choice.
    Jim Coombs will manage at the moment he chooses to manage. Not a minute sooner. Not a minute later.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

23. Likes:

Chip R (10-23-2018),The Operator (10-23-2018),WrongVerb (10-23-2018)

Just thought I would give this a little bump since I believe people will soon start searching for it.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

A poll would be nice. I'm curious to see the level of discontent. Four-plus years of Price has taken a toll.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Turn Off Ads?