Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell Needs To Go

Re: David Bell Needs To Go

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I am unable to come up with a compelling reason why Raisel Iglesias should be pitching in a non-save situation, in this shortened season.

Not one.

I mean, there's no more evidence needed. There's nothing left to "figure out." Either he can be effective in save situations or he is worthless.

And David Bell puts him in, tie game. Of course.

So yeah... I'd like to see what the Castellini grand-kids might bring to the table.
    This FO isn’t cutting Iggy. If he doesn’t change course soon, I’ll agree, but that’s not all on Bell.

2. Likes:

M2 (07-26-2020),Old school 1983 (07-27-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    David Bell didn’t swing one bat or thrown one HR pitch the last two days

When he actually screws up the game then he’s worthy of some smack talk.

But the team on the field peed the bed
    1. There were plenty of questionable moves made by Bell in these last two games that could be argued affected the outcomes of the games.

2. Even if you don’t believe in #1, I have always felt that the main job of the manager is to keep the players focused on winning. The best managers are the ones that players will run through walks for. I don’t know if Bell has achieved that with this team, but if he can’t, he needs to go.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

5. Likes:

DocRed (07-26-2020)

In a DH league the manager has less moves to make, bet Bell isn't happy about that
    Go Gators!

7. Likes:

DocRed (07-26-2020),MR X (07-27-2020)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I’m sort of back on the train of feeling like the guy over manages and is way over sensitive to matchup stuff, like pulling Akiyama today. Plus the seemingly stubborn complete unwillingness to acknowledge that Iglesias sucks in non save situations, possibly borderline intentionally. It absolutely is on him for continuing to let that situation blow up in his face when it’s beyond clear he can’t pitch in those scenarios. Stop banging your head against the wall trying to get it to work and adapt.

Also yeah stop playing absolute scrubs like Davidson and Jankowski based on small sample size matchup stuff over Aquino, who actually has some upside and showed it yet again in the late innings today. That’s another bonehead move.

I do think the pulling starters too early stuff is overblown, Castillo wasn’t completely dominating yesterday really and Bauer was over 100 pitches today. I don’t care too much about that. But replace them with the right guys.

9. Likes:

DocRed (07-26-2020),Griffey012 (07-26-2020),Kilgore_Trout (07-26-2020),MR X (07-27-2020),OGB (07-27-2020),REDREAD (07-27-2020),wally post (07-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I’m sort of back on the train of feeling like the guy over manages and is way over sensitive to matchup stuff, like pulling Akiyama today. Plus the seemingly stubborn complete unwillingness to acknowledge that Iglesias sucks in non save situations, possibly borderline intentionally. It absolutely is on him for continuing to let that situation blow up in his face when it’s beyond clear he can’t pitch in those scenarios. Stop banging your head against the wall trying to get it to work and adapt.
    Well he is definitely stubborn when it come to his bullpen choices. The David Hernandez fiasco last year proved that without a doubt.

11. Likes:

757690 (07-26-2020),Griffey012 (07-26-2020),REDREAD (07-27-2020),wally post (07-27-2020),Wonderful Monds (07-27-2020)

Also yeah stop playing absolute scrubs like Davidson and Jankowski based on small sample size matchup stuff over Aquino, who actually has some upside and showed it yet again in the late innings today. That’s another bonehead move.

I do think the pulling starters too early stuff is overblown, Castillo wasn’t completely dominating yesterday really and Bauer was over 100 pitches today. I don’t care too much about that. But replace them with the right guys.
    The FO had all offseason and added Strop. That’s on them.

13. Likes:

757690 (07-26-2020),Crumbley (07-27-2020)

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    In a DH league the manager has less moves to make, bet Bell isn't happy about that
    Yep. He even found a way to tinker with that today.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

15. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2020)

I am unable to come up with a compelling reason why Raisel Iglesias should be pitching in a non-save situation, in this shortened season.

Not one.

I mean, there's no more evidence needed. There's nothing left to "figure out." Either he can be effective in save situations or he is worthless.

So yeah... I'd like to see what the Castellini grand-kids might bring to the table.
    I’m a little more peeved over pulling a lights out Garrett after 10 pitches in a tie game. But I largely agree. I suppose I’ll give him this one pass since Raisel seemed to change his tune over the offseason about pitching in non save situations. However we have 57 games left and the results were identical to last year. He’s out the door the next time he does that when we have plenty of available bullpen arms.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2020)

From what I’ve heard his players love him, look for quotes about the Garrett incident for examples. As for moves, everyone should get used to it. This is uncharted territory, each W is equal to 2.7 W’s in a regular season, expect to see more matchup moves, guys asked to go longer, pitch in situations they already said annoy them.

I’m glad he’s making moves, it’s a Chess game in 60 games, I expect a hyperactive approach to platoon advantage baseball and a lot of screaming from people who hate that approach to baseball

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-27-2020),Ron Madden (07-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Yep. He even found a way to tinker with that today.
    So did Joe Madden, he pinch it for his DH and lost the slot

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-26-2020)

Agree with this. But I would add to it pulling Castellanos for defense in the 7th inning with a 4, soon to be 6 run lead. I get it but you also have to manage people who aren’t robots no matter how much you want them to be robots.

It is just incredibly frustrating seeing the exact 2019 reds reappear the last two games against the tigers. The squad is quite a bit different, so the managers seat warms up quickly.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 07-26-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

23. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (07-26-2020)

Not one.

It’s not Bell’s fault Iglesias is still on the team. He’s been toast for a few years, should have been traded during the rebuild. And he’s the only reliever with closing experience. It’s also not Bell’s fault the bullpen is absolute trash.

This is on the relievers themselves, and Dick Williams for assembling this horrible bullpen.

I don’t really like Bell, I was upset when he was hired, but I have a hard time blaming these two losses on him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I’m a little more peeved over pulling a lights out Garrett after 10 pitches in a tie game. But I largely agree. I suppose I’ll give him this one pass since Raisel seemed to change his tune over the offseason about pitching in non save situations. However we have 57 games left and the results were identical to last year. He’s out the door the next time he does that when we have plenty of available bullpen arms.
    Garrett addressed that today.

https://i.redd.it/esjespzrfad51.jpg

26. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-27-2020),757690 (07-26-2020),Griffey012 (07-26-2020),westofyou (07-26-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Garrett addressed that today.

https://i.redd.it/esjespzrfad51.jpg
    Thanks, I didn’t see that. Seems odd that he can’t go more than an inning anymore but I’m certainly not going to question him since the pitcher knows themself the best.

28. Likes:

DocRed (07-26-2020)

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Physiognomy never lies.
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-26-2020 at 09:29 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Turn Off Ads?