Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: David Bell Needs To Go

Re: David Bell Needs To Go

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Physiognomy never lies.
    Phrenology makes Physiognomy look faceless in the world of science!!

2. Likes:

malcontent (07-27-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    So did Joe Madden, he pinch it for his DH and lost the slot
    Well Joe maddon's team lost today too. So it didn't work for either one of them
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Well Joe maddon's team lost today too. So it didn't work for either one of them
    True, his superstar two way guy threw 30 pitches, got zero outs and gave up five runs before he was yanked. Darrin Fletcher however got four hits.

Baseball eh?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    True, his superstar two way guy threw 30 pitches, got zero outs and gave up five runs before he was yanked. Darrin Fletcher however got four hits.

Baseball eh?
    David Fletcher. Darrin retired in 2002.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    David Fletcher. Darrin retired in 2002.
    Scrappy Fletcher

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s not Bell’s fault Iglesias is still on the team. He’s been toast for a few years, should have been traded during the rebuild. And he’s the only reliever with closing experience. It’s also not Bell’s fault the bullpen is absolute trash.

This is on the relievers themselves, and Dick Williams for assembling this horrible bullpen.

I don’t really like Bell, I was upset when he was hired, but I have a hard time blaming these two losses on him.
    To clarify, I don’t blame the losses on Bell, but I would say his performance so far these 3 games puts him in the “he’s hurting the team more than he’s helping” column at the moment. I think he’s doing little things that are adding up to be contributions to the losses right now.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2020)

david bell has zero credentials to be a major league manager. just playing in mlb does not qualify you. neither does the fact your daddy and granddaddy were good at the sport.

you have to be a leader of men. bell is a nervous beta. he does not exude confidence. he has the opposite effect, it seems.

11. Likes:

MR X (07-27-2020)

They call me "chef"

How hard is it to just never use 70% of our relief pitchers? How does Bell not see this easy fix?

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-27-2020),Falls City Beer (07-27-2020),M2 (07-27-2020)

I don't think he needs to go, but his decisions in the first 3 games have annoyed me. With the new rules, I'm not sure why you have to make so many pitching changes, particularly when you see that one of these guys has good stuff today. I mean the min is 3 batters or an inning I believe. Why not stick with a guy who has good stuff going and make a change if something happens? Also Shogo should be or needs to be a good enough hitter to bat higher than the bottom of the lineup and a guy you don't switch out in the middle of the game.

That said, I don't really put the losses on him. We had chances to win those last two. If Lorenzen keeps serving up taters then we have pretty big probs, as our pen needs him to be good. And Votto up in that situation today is a place he'll deliver more often than not. But yeah, overall it feels like micromanaging but it's 3 games so idk.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I don't think he needs to go, but his decisions in the first 3 games have annoyed me. With the new rules, I'm not sure why you have to make so many pitching changes, particularly when you see that one of these guys has good stuff today. I mean the min is 3 batters or an inning I believe. Why not stick with a guy who has good stuff going and make a change if something happens? Also Shogo should be or needs to be a good enough hitter to bat higher than the bottom of the lineup and a guy you don't switch out in the middle of the game.

That said, I don't really put the losses on him. We had chances to win those last two. If Lorenzen keeps serving up taters then we have pretty big probs, as our pen needs him to be good. And Votto up in that situation today is a place he'll deliver more often than not. But yeah, overall it feels like micromanaging but it's 3 games so idk.
    TLDR.

I'll just assume you want Bell fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Gant View Post
    TLDR.

I'll just assume you want Bell fired.
    For overmanaging a 3 game series? Really? No, I'd just rather he not get in the way when his players are playing good.

For overmanaging a 3 game series? Really? No, I'd just rather he not get in the way when his players are playing good.
    Michael Lorenzen needs to put his bat down and work on keeping the ball in the park.

18. Likes:

MR X (07-27-2020),REDREAD (07-27-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s not Bell’s fault Iglesias is still on the team. He’s been toast for a few years, should have been traded during the rebuild. And he’s the only reliever with closing experience. It’s also not Bell’s fault the bullpen is absolute trash.

This is on the relievers themselves, and Dick Williams for assembling this horrible bullpen.

I don’t really like Bell, I was upset when he was hired, but I have a hard time blaming these two losses on him.
    Strop has closing experience from the Cubs , I believe.
    Other that that, I agree with what you say.
    But I will add that Bell proved he was a bad manager last year.
    There's only been 3 games this year, so it's hard to make a case based on a small sample.
    Very discouraging though that Inglesis is still one of the first arms he reaches for in a tie game.
    He did not learn from last year.
    Inglesis should be in the game with a clean 9th and a save situation or when we are already behind (ie use him as a middle reliever). If he performs well in the middle reliever role, then let him pitch tie games.
    With expanded rosters this year, there's plenty of bodies to use. Now, I do agree that the front office
    is still in denial that the bullpen is not very good, but Bell can do a better job of using what he's been given.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    How hard is it to just never use 70% of our relief pitchers? How does Bell not see this easy fix?
    Exactly lol.

i think we're all taking into account what we saw over 162 games last year too. no way he gets fired during a season like this (at least not this early) but i'd be very happy if he wasn't here in future seasons. if the reds start racking up one-run losses like last year, we'll know it wasn't a one-year fluke and bell is the type of manager who finds ways to lose very close games. at some point, it no longer becomes a coincidence and is a trend.

22. Likes:

Rolando (07-27-2020)

Turn Off Ads?