Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hallmark Channel movies

Re: Hallmark Channel movies

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    The deal today with my wife was I watch the Bengals game, then she watches the Hallmark movie. An investment in a happy marriage.

BTW, the movie tonight is “Undercover Holiday”. A newly-arrived pop star has a bodyguard but she insists he acts like a boyfriend over a family Christmas week. This one has a Hispanic flavor.
    That sounds so bad it might be good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

So many busy boyfriends who can't make last-minute business trips with their future brides to towns that broker in the business of Christmas. Only to lose them (and still end up friends) to a guy in a plaid shirt who is known around town as a stand-up guy with a big heart

4. Likes:

757690 (12-09-2022),M2 (12-09-2022),Revering4Blue (12-09-2022),Roy Tucker (12-09-2022)

21st Century Hallmark movies make me want to puke.

They are as sick as the people of Vancouver Island (where every Hallmark movie is filmed) who have always dumped their raw sewage directly into the ocean. This notion of Canadians being great people is a joke. They could care less about others. Their treatment of indigenous people makes the U. S. treatment of them as though the U. S. is Mother Teresa.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

There's at LEAST one poster on this board who will tell you Mother Teresa was a terrible person, so not everyone will understand what you're trying to say there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    There's at LEAST one poster on this board who will tell you Mother Teresa was a terrible person, so not everyone will understand what you're trying to say there.
    But did she have an aunt who needed a Christmas Tree farm saved from a developer who envisioned a golf course where the farm was?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    But did she have an aunt who needed a Christmas Tree farm saved from a developer who envisioned a golf course where the farm was?
    Yes, and the fairways are immaculate now!

9. Likes:

westofyou (12-09-2022)

I’m not defending Hallmark movies. One in maybe 10 of their movies is… not bad. The rest are dreck.

I watch them with my wife as an investment in my marriage. We’ve all been there. I read my book, look up every so often to make a comment, but take them as they are. Mental pablum. There are worse things in the world.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

757690 (12-09-2022),Kingspoint (12-17-2022),moewan (12-10-2022),RedsBaron (12-11-2022),westofyou (12-09-2022)

I’m not defending Hallmark movies. One in maybe 10 of their movies is… not bad. The rest are dreck.

I watch them with my wife as an investment in my marriage. We’ve all been there. I read my book, look up every so often to make a comment, but take them as they are. Mental pablum. There are worse things in the world.
    “Never above you. Never below you. Always beside you.” — Walter Winchell

13. Likes:

Roy Tucker (12-09-2022)

I make sure to note the spots where, if this was a proper X-rated film (rather than just the dialogue from one), people would start getting it on. I'm dropping mad bom-chika-wah-wahs.

For instance:

"Help, I'm stuck in this enormous pile of tinsel!"

"What am I supposed to do with all these Christmas ornaments?"

"Wait! You're twins?"

"There are strict protocols on who gets to sample our secret, royal chocolate recipe."

"I know what'll get you in the holiday spirit!"
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I make sure to note the spots where, if this was a proper X-rated film (rather than just the dialogue from one), people would start getting it on. I'm dropping mad bom-chika-wah-wahs.

For instance:

"Help, I'm stuck in this enormous pile of tinsel!"

"What am I supposed to do with all these Christmas ornaments?"

"Wait! You're twins?"

"There are strict protocols on who gets to sample our secret, royal chocolate recipe."

"I know what'll get you in the holiday spirit!"
    Brings new meaning to “Santa Is Coming To Town”
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

16. Likes:

M2 (12-14-2022),moewan (12-13-2022),redhawkfish (12-14-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Can't sell that Oregon Grass Seed if there aren't new Golf Courses being built.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?