Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Food I have no idea why I like

Food I have no idea why I like

I've been land-locked most of my life. No dad, been fishing only one time. Simply put, I have no real appetite for seafood of any kind. In the past couple of years I have taken a liking to Salmon and Catfish, but all the rest? nah. Most of them, the thought of eating them just turns my stomach.

Except for some reason. I love Clam Chowder. If it is on the menu at a restaurant, I get it. In the store, I buy it. I don't eat oysters or fried clams. I loathe shrimp. But for whatever reason, I could eat clam chowder almost every day.

What foods do you eat that you have no idea why you eat it?
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Food I have no idea why I like

I’m really fond of Brussels sprouts.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

4. Likes:

KittyDuran (11-26-2018)

Glier's goetta.

Love it, eat it at least twice a month. I'm a big meat eater, and if you told me you wanted to give me some kind of hash made with meat and oats I'd usually say keep the oats and just give me the meat but this stuff couldn't be any more perfect.

6. Likes:

dougdirt (11-06-2018)

Achaar, Century Eggs, Green Tea Ice Cream

A baked potato with butter, French dressing and Parmesan cheese. I have eaten this combo for as long as I can remember, and the rest of my family thinks it's disgusting. Their loss.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Egg sandwiches with ketchup. Tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    A baked potato with butter, French dressing and Parmesan cheese. I have eaten this combo for as long as I can remember, and the rest of my family thinks it's disgusting. Their loss.
    I like blue cheese on mine

Had a friend who ate: Mac n Cheese, Apple Sauce, and Ketchup, disgusting

Ketchup IMO is good for french fries and that's about it

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Something I picked up from my dad.

Boxed macaroni and chesse, then once it's done, mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup (don't add milk at this point). Heat to serve.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Glier's goetta.

Love it, eat it at least twice a month. I'm a big meat eater, and if you told me you wanted to give me some kind of hash made with meat and oats I'd usually say keep the oats and just give me the meat but this stuff couldn't be any more perfect.
    In the summer we make double decker's with a hamburger, a goetta burger and Guacamole. Great stuff.

I like black licorice and can't pass up jambalaya. Based on my tastes, people are always taken aback when I tell them I like artichokes.

They call me "chef"

I feel this way about pretty much all meat these days.

Sometimes, the thought of a burger or steak makes my stomach turn. Other times, I'm scarfing it down without swallowing.

14. Likes:

TRF (11-08-2018)

I like to mix baked beans, refried beans and cottage cheese for dinner.

a can of tuna mixed with catsup and Tabasco sauce eaten on saltines
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Spam, bacon Spam to be specific. But it doesn't like me too much anymore so I don't eat as much as I used to.

I like putting a slice of bologna on a chicken salad sandwich. I have no idea how I started doing that. But I like it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Tomato sandwiches.......toast the bread. Butter those puppies up. Couple slices of 'mater with garlic salt and add a piece of hot pepper cheese. Yummy.

Fries with Mustard. I picked this up as a kid at Disney World from my sister, to my knowledge she no longer eats mustard with her fries (I can't say I've actually seen her eat a fry in over 20 years) and it may have been a 1 time thing, but I distinctly remember that is where the idea first came to me. I haven't stopped requesting mustard for fries since; I'm the only person I've ever seen dip their fries in mustard since that day. I'll do ketchup on fries, but only rarely, more likely to eat them plain, as far as condiments to dip fries in, ketchup is like 10th on my list behind mustard, steak sauce, Frisch's tarter sauce, some sort of hot buffalo sauce/wing sauce, etc....
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

20. Likes:

westofyou (11-07-2018)

Turn Off Ads?