Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, part 2: Offense gone wild

Re: NBA 2018-19, part 2: Offense gone wild

Marcus Morris now starting over Gordon Hayward. Jaylen Brown also out of the lineup, with Marcus Smart taking his place. So the Celtics go out and score 124 in a road win over the Pelicans. Expect that lineup to stick for a while.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

Chip R (11-28-2018),Kingspoint (11-27-2018),Revering4Blue (11-28-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Man, the Jazz are just dreadfully terrible. Particularly without Mitchell. There's not much time left to salvage their season. There's no way they're making a run like last years.

Three games into the Rocket's nine-game victory tour, they are 0-3, James Harden has averaged 41 points over his last five contests. Chris Paul has missed the last two games.

At the quarter pole, things are topsy turvy ln the West. If the playoffs started today, five playoff participants from last season would be on the outside looking in - Minnesota, Houston, San Antonio, Utah and New Orleans. The Clippers sit atop the Western Conference.

Buckle up.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-27-2018),Revering4Blue (11-27-2018)

So, it seems that Harden (54), Gordon (36), Wall (36) and Beal (32) combined for an NBA-record 158 by both teams starting backcourts.

8. Likes:

M2 (11-27-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Sixers and Fultz seem headed toward a breakup - https://www.theringer.com/platform/a...mpression=true
    I think he got hurt via something he was not allowed to do in reference to his contract. Motorcycle - skiing or whatever.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I wouldn't give up anything for Fultz tbh. I mean yeah, the NBA potential is there, but he never had #1 overall potential to begin with. And he's more likely to go Anthony Bennett than he is the other way. He can be a solid NBA player, but as of this moment I wouldn't give up anything on that chance.

And if the yips exist in hoops he definitely has them.
    Well, he was a Top 5 HS recruit, had arguably the best freshman year in Pac 12 history, and was the consensus #1 overall pick. All-NBA potential works better. It was either him or Ball. Nobody else was being talked about at #1. Tatum was a long shot.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Well, he was a Top 5 HS recruit, had arguably the best freshman year in Pac 12 history, and was the consensus #1 overall pick. All-NBA potential works better. It was either him or Ball. Nobody else was being talked about at #1. Tatum was a long shot.
    He was supposed to be the golden child. Though one of the reasons I don't buy the injury argument on Fultz is, whatever his tragic flaw might be, the Celtics spotted it before the draft. They figured out Tatum was the guy to get and steered clear of Fultz. I suspect some day Danny Ainge will write a book and we'll get the story of what went down.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Utah scores 133 tonight without Mitchell. I love how this league makes no sense.
    That’s been the only good game they’ve played in about three weeks. The schedule gets much easier in 2019, but it would be great if they could figure it out before then and not have another giant hole to dig out of.

The offense struggles are somewhat explainable, but I can’t figure out how the defense got so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    That’s been the only good game they’ve played in about three weeks. The schedule gets much easier in 2019, but it would be great if they could figure it out before then and not have another giant hole to dig out of.

The offense struggles are somewhat explainable, but I can’t figure out how the defense got so bad.
    The Defense stinks when Gobert goes out. It didn't last year.

Mitchell takes too many shots on Offense.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The Defense stinks when Gobert goes out. It didn't last year.

Mitchell takes too many shots on Offense.
    It’s not that great with him on the floor either. Teams are getting him away from the rim and Snyder needs to figure that out.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-27-2018),Revering4Blue (11-27-2018)

Net Rating through 1/4 of the season:

1. Milwaukee Bucks 11.2
    2. Toronto Raptors 8.3
    3. Denver Nuggets 6.6
    4. Oklahoma City Thunder 5.2
    5. Golden State Warriors 5.2
    6. Charlotte Hornets 4.5
    7. LA Clippers 4.5
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

17. Likes:

M2 (11-27-2018)

Chris Paul looks to be dealing with hammy issues again...folks were right about them last year, they were built to win the Chip and when they didn't get there they were going to struggle to get back due to age. How long before D'Antoni gets on the hot seat.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Chris Paul looks to be dealing with hammy issues again...folks were right about them last year, they were built to win the Chip and when they didn't get there they were going to struggle to get back due to age. How long before D'Antoni gets on the hot seat.
    Which is exactly why the Timberwolves should have taken those 4 1st-rounders. This is an aging, and not particularly deep, team. Combine that aging with what have been a slew of first-rounders gone, and the Rockets would have been hard-pressed to sustain. I have a feeling that, at the very least, those last 2 1st-rounders would have been pretty valuable commodities.
    Last edited by texasdave; 11-28-2018 at 01:47 PM.

20. Likes:

M2 (11-28-2018)

Kyle Korver is back with the Jazz. Cleveland gets 2 2nd-rounders and Alec Burks.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...aft-picks.html

That should solve Utah's defensive woes.

23. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-29-2018),M2 (11-28-2018)

Turn Off Ads?