Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Bengals Season: My House is Made of Mediocrity

Re: 2018 Bengals Season: My House is Made of Mediocrity

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    The Bengals have relinquished 30 million dollars they were due from Hamilton County over the next 8 years, get ready to start hearing them beg for a new stadium and probably move by then.
    Most of the beat reporters have said this was a positive move on the Bengals behalf. Don't know why you spin it this way, but oh well.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Most of the beat reporters have said this was a positive move on the Bengals behalf. Don't know why you spin it this way, but oh well.
    It’s good for the county, but you’d have to be braindead to believe this is a move that’s coming with no strings attached.

Hamilton County would be a lot better off without the Cincinnati Bengals. When that lease is up, I hope they leave.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Hamilton County would be a lot better off without the Cincinnati Bengals. When that lease is up, I hope they leave.
    And go where?

This isn’t 1996 where Cleveland is trying to court a new team. St Louis is the only possibility but even then football is going to take a backseat to the Cardinals there.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And go where?

This isn’t 1996 where Cleveland is trying to court a new team. St Louis is the only possibility but even then football is going to take a backseat to the Cardinals there.
    Who cares where... Anywhere but where I pay taxes. PBS is still ours though. Hamilton County can subsidize maintenance and let the high school football teams play there. Plus, the local NFL fanbase would be free from rooting for perennial losers just because they are the "home team."

I don't see a downside, honestly...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

And go where?

I think you'd probably be surprised how many cities still want teams, stupidly.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think you'd probably be surprised how many cities still want teams, stupidly.
    Realistically.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Take them away!
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Hue Jackson has been a very good offensive coordinator in the past.

Hue Jackson was the coach of a team the Bengals play twice in the remaining 7 games of the season.

Hue Jackson has a working relationship with Marvin.

The Bengals would be idiots not to bring him back in.
    He knows Cleveland ... and as you say .... they play them twice in the 7 remaining games.

I don't know whether Jackson will make a good head coach or not. It's an ongoing discussion on the Brown's thread (LOL). I always felt he would be gone after '18 because Dorsey would want to choose his own guy. But I think he got a raw deal in Cleveland, and it certainly, IMO, is not an accurate gauge of those abilities. Yes, he knew what he was stepping into; but he still inherited the worst team in the NFL that was devoid of talent pretty much everywhere (especially on offense). In his first season the new GM announces the team is going into a rebuild, the goal is future not present, so there wouldn't be any immediate help. It's been shown that Jackson had little to no involvement in the drafts. He wasn't given much, if any, talent where it was needed to start with. This team was already careening towards a win-less season.

I just don't know how one can gauge any head coach's abilities (good or bad) looking at the dire circumstance the team was in. I guess before I can say whether Jackson is head coach material or not, I need to see him given the opportunity with a team that was better equipped/ran then Cleveland (LOL). I wish Hue the best of luck.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm skeptical of Lamar Jackson's long term viability as an NFL starter due to his accuracy concerns. But going against a terrible Bengals LB corp I expect him to do a lot of damage with his legs.

London Bengals? (99% kidding)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

13. Likes:

Assembly Hall (11-18-2018)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

And go where?

Chicago? That city could support two teams?

San Antonio would jump all over having the Bengals the support from that city would be huge...

AJ Green to test the toe today...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Green officially out...Burfict, Dre, and Ross all active.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'd like to think I could finally quit the Bengals if they moved, but probably not. It's not like I would pull for the Steelers and the Browns eh.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?