Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2018-2019 (The Sky is Falling)

Re: Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2018-2019 (The Sky is Falling)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    He just sent out an affirmative today.

So much for my hypothesis.

FTR, I like Quickley in that role as a secondary ball handler/ resident sharp shooter.
    I think Baker transfers. He’s a streaky shooter who is basically another body on the floor who now is going to be buried if more come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Keldon Johnson's stock is dropping among NBA execs at the right time for Calipari and Kentucky. If he comes back, the Kentucky lineup is super deep and athletic. And he might see Washington as Exhibit A on the benefits for doing just that.

(The PJ Washington story is one that will suit Cal to no end, IMO. He can play that up with every one-and-done wannabe for the next 10 years, especially if Washington can play a rather substantial role as a bench big floor spacer in the NBA.)

Maxey will score big with the ball in his hands or as a wing. Slide Johnson (or Herro) next to him, and the Kentucky offense might well become more of the aesthetically-pleasing brand that teams like UNC and Auburn play mixed with the tough D Cal demands.

The roster next season without Johnson and Herro already looks deep:

Wings: Jemarl Baker/ Kahlil Whitney/ Dontaie Allen
    Bigs: EJ Montgomery/ Nate Sestina/ Keion Brooks/ Nick Richards

The key for a good Kentucky team, as always, is shooting. Hagans has to improve and hunt his shot a bit more. At least one wing has to be a 38%+ shooter from three. At least one big has to be a 38% shooter and not embarrassing defensively.

I expect one of Baker or Quickley to transfer. Likely Quickley.
    Brooks a big?

Honestly I expect Tyler and Keldon to return. I just dont see them getting the feedback they want to justify declaring. Hopefully we are beginning to see Cal keeping guys more for 2 years. Im only a fan of pro baseball (lol duh) and football, so my interests obviously lie in what makes UK stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think Baker transfers. He’s a streaky shooter who is basically another body on the floor who now is going to be buried if more come back.
    I think so too.

Herro going pro and hiring an agent. He can still come back but I will be shocked if he does.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Keldon Johnson going pro.

Kentucky is hot after Kerry Blackshear Jr from Virginia Tech who is a grad transfer. Would be a big pickup if it happens.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Herro and Johnson staying in the draft. So long. That's the last I will see of them playing basketball since I don't watch the NBA. At least we won't have to wonder about these guys until the end of May this year. That should be everyone that's leaving early.

Blackshear would be a great pick up. But I wonder if he will follow his Va Tech coach to Tex A&M?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

And as I predicted, Baker is in the transfer portal.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    And as I predicted, Baker is in the transfer portal.
    And the annual turnover continues....................
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    And the annual turnover continues....................
    This is the frustrating part:

Every time Cal brings in a “four year player”, those players immediately think they are going to be one and done. Baker was not a one and done. SKJ was not a one and done. Wiltjer was not a one and done. Charles Matthews was not a one and done.

It’s impossible to build a team with any continuity as long as this is happening. I would be happy filling out the rest with Kentucky boys until you see that one of the top in state options (Kyky Tandy) basically all but said he wanted to go somewhere to be “the man”.

And even if the one and done ends, Cal has found his newest niche. “Grad transfers”.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-17-2019)

Turn Off Ads?