Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2018-2019 (The Sky is Falling)

Re: Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2018-2019 (The Sky is Falling)

Nice win over the Sweathog today.

That was the worst "flagrant" foul call I've ever seen.

College basketball refereeing is in the toilet. Officials need to have media sessions immediately following each game just like the coaches and players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Nice win over the Sweathog today.

That was the worst "flagrant" foul call I've ever seen.

College basketball refereeing is in the toilet. Officials need to have media sessions immediately following each game just like the coaches and players.
    Both of Washington’s “flagrant” fouls were BS. The one in the first half was equally atrocious.

This is a brutal three game stretch and this was a game I thought was the most likely to drop. The next two (Mississippi State and Kansas) are at home and Kansas didn’t look very impressive yesterday against the Fighting Bob Huggins in Morgantown.

I’m more optimistic than I was before the North Carolina game and I think this year is very wide open for a championship. Tennessee could very well be number 1 when they come to Rupp February 16th.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Yes the officiating was terrible yesterday. Both of those flagrant calls were awful. You know when Dick Vitale is getting on the officials it's bad. But to UK's great credit they overcame all of that and still won. They are really playing very well now. I was really afraid of this stretch too but things are looking much better now. They have a good shot at the next two at home against good teams in MSU and Kansas.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Both of Washington’s “flagrant” fouls were BS. The one in the first half was equally atrocious.

This is a brutal three game stretch and this was a game I thought was the most likely to drop. The next two (Mississippi State and Kansas) are at home and Kansas didn’t look very impressive yesterday against the Fighting Bob Huggins in Morgantown.

I’m more optimistic than I was before the North Carolina game and I think this year is very wide open for a championship. Tennessee could very well be number 1 when they come to Rupp February 16th.
    I think it's going to be a 2 team race for the SEC crown. Tennessee's end of the yr schedule is brutal. They could drop a great deal in the last two weeks if they're not careful

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Do we actually have officiating anymore? But the 'Cats seemed to have righted the ship. And I wouldn't be worried about Kansas.

Kentucky with a lethargic win over Miss State. But they still won by 20 which I hope is a good sign for the future. On to play Kansas next.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Kentucky with a lethargic win over Miss State. But they still won by 20 which I hope is a good sign for the future. On to play Kansas next.
    If Kansas beats you guys, I would be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    If Kansas beats you guys, I would be shocked.
    Kansas is still really good. It won't be easy but I think UK can win this one since it is in Rupp.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Don’t look now but Kentucky has played 3 top 25 teams in eight days and came out 3-0.

I really think Kentucky could host Gameday a second time in three weeks when Tennessee comes to town with a possible one seed in play.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-26-2019),goreds2 (01-27-2019),Sea Ray (01-27-2019)

Kentucky slowly climbing the polls check in at number 7 this week. They probably can't make a one seed but if they can win their home games and only drop a couple of road games they will be in good shape for a two seed. That would be a pretty good comeback from the opening game debacle against Duke.

The games against Tennessee are shaping up as Titanic struggles as one famous announcer likes to say. They are also setting themselves up to play each other, maybe two more times, after that in the tournaments.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Kentucky slowly climbing the polls check in at number 7 this week. They probably can't make a one seed but if they can win their home games and only drop a couple of road games they will be in good shape for a two seed. That would be a pretty good comeback from the opening game debacle against Duke.

The games against Tennessee are shaping up as Titanic struggles as one famous announcer likes to say. They are also setting themselves up to play each other, maybe two more times, after that in the tournaments.
    A one seed is entirely possible. Just have to catch a few breaks. Winning out will be key though.

It helps that four teams who have games against each other (Duke and Virginia and both Michigan schools). If Kentucky can split with Tennessee or take both games, it looks more likely.

Big time blow out at Vandy. I know Vandy isn't good at all but it was still impressive how they took them apart. Washington my be turning into the player that Cal wants him to be. The last three or four games he has been outstanding. They also won big without much contribution from Travis and Johnson. This team has really come a long way and seems to be getting better and better.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    A one seed is entirely possible. Just have to catch a few breaks. Winning out will be key though.
    That's a tall order.

UK is playing well now. PJ Washington is playing like Zion Williamson (without the ridonckulous dunks) right now. If this is a true step forward in his play, they've got to be one of the favorites to make the Final Four.

There is even more in the tank, IMO.

Hagans is a really poor shooter. Were I coaching against the Cats, I'd lay off him until he was in the lane, and let him shoot from just about anywhere rather than give him an opportunity to set up teammates. I'd double Washington off him inside and stay close on both Herro and Johnson.

Despite the pasting UK put on Vandy last night, I'd also consider an active, trapping zone.

Herro and Johnson are good shooters, but not lights-out. Washington and Travis-- I'm not convinced yet.

I would be cool with being Virginny's 2 seed in Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I would be cool with being Virginny's 2 seed in Louisville.
    As nice as that would be, I doubt the selection committee is going to give home field advantage to Kentucky unless they get a 1 seed.

Turn Off Ads?