Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2018-2019 (The Sky is Falling)

Re: Kentucky Wildcats Basketball 2018-2019 (The Sky is Falling)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That's a tall order.

UK is playing well now. PJ Washington is playing like Zion Williamson (without the ridonckulous dunks) right now. If this is a true step forward in his play, they've got to be one of the favorites to make the Final Four.

There is even more in the tank, IMO.

Hagans is a really poor shooter. Were I coaching against the Cats, I'd lay off him until he was in the lane, and let him shoot from just about anywhere rather than give him an opportunity to set up teammates. I'd double Washington off him inside and stay close on both Herro and Johnson.

Despite the pasting UK put on Vandy last night, I'd also consider an active, trapping zone.

Herro and Johnson are good shooters, but not lights-out. Washington and Travis-- I'm not convinced yet.
    It is a tall order, but after this week, I think they could split with Tennessee. I honestly expected them to drop a game this week and they won both.

PJ is reminding me of Julius Randle. PJ hasn’t had Randles motor (Keldon Johnson and MKG are the two best in that category in the Cal era), but it’s starting to come through now. He’s taken a major step forward in conference play.

I’m kinda surprised with the shooting from 3 because I honestly thought it would be better. Herro has been horribly inconsistent all season.

Overall though, they’ve done great so far. The gauntlet is coming up before Tennessee though.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

UK looked to be dead in the water with about 13 minutes left. Down 11 and no energy at all. Then Washington chewed some butt in a team huddle and they completely turned it around. Completely dominated Florida from that point. I never would have thought Washington would be a leader. But he has emerged as that team leader/enforcer type teammate. I really like how this team is coming together. I don't how far they will go in the end but for now they are developing as a team as well as any Cal has had to this point.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    UK looked to be dead in the water with about 13 minutes left. Down 11 and no energy at all. Then Washington chewed some butt in a team huddle and they completely turned it around. Completely dominated Florida from that point. I never would have thought Washington would be a leader. But he has emerged as that team leader/enforcer type teammate. I really like how this team is coming together. I don't how far they will go in the end but for now they are developing as a team as well as any Cal has had to this point.
    I think it's less about Washington chewing butt and more about White riding his starters too much.

Florida got tired and made stupid mistakes.

That plus Kentucky's superior talent allowed the Cats to win.

A good road win for the Cats at MSU. Even though they nearly blew the game. They may rise a notch in the rankings with UVA losing at home to Duke. A big week looms this week. At home against LSU and Tennessee Saturday.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

A good road win for the Cats at MSU. Even though they nearly blew the game. They may rise a notch in the rankings with UVA losing at home to Duke. A big week looms this week. At home against LSU and Tennessee Saturday.
    I hope Tennessee hangs on to the top spot but with Duke winning convincingly on the road they may leapfrog Tennessee.

In recruiting news, Anthony Edwards is supposed to announce Monday and all odds are on Georgia. With Crean’s comments after the game yesterday where he essentially threw his entire team under the bus, I wonder how any top recruit would want to play for him.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I hope Tennessee hangs on to the top spot but with Duke winning convincingly on the road they may leapfrog Tennessee.

In recruiting news, Anthony Edwards is supposed to announce Monday and all odds are on Georgia. With Crean’s comments after the game yesterday where he essentially threw his entire team under the bus, I wonder how any top recruit would want to play for him.
    I don't see any way they pass Tennessee. The Vols got 48 first place votes last week to Duke's 12. No way they lose that many first place votes after 2 double digit wins.

I don't see UK beating Tennessee this season unless the Vols come out flat.

Williams and Schofield played relatively well last season against the Cats, but Boone had two forgettable games. LaMonte Tuner killed Kentucky in one Knoxville, then had a horrid game in Rupp.

I like Reid Travis in a matchup with either of the UT bigs, especially Williams. He's just as strong. Depending on the whistle, this could be a huge game for him. Washington matches up with Schofield theoretically. He's big and strong enough inside. Can he keep up outside? We'll see.

Kentucky has a shot if both Herro and Johnson shoot well from deep. It's certainly possible.

Hagan v. Boone might be the matchup of the game. Both are pests who play premier defense.

It should be a fun atmosphere.

Williams and Schofield played relatively well last season against the Cats, but Boone had two forgettable games. LaMonte Tuner killed Kentucky in one Knoxville, then had a horrid game in Rupp.

I like Reid Travis in a matchup with either of the UT bigs, especially Williams. He's just as strong. Depending on the whistle, this could be a huge game for him. Washington matches up with Schofield theoretically. He's big and strong enough inside. Can he keep up outside? We'll see.

Kentucky has a shot if both Herro and Johnson shoot well from deep. It's certainly possible.

Hagan v. Boone might be the matchup of the game. Both are pests who play premier defense.

Boone? You mean Jordan Bone?

Best case scenario is a split. I don’t see the Cats winning in Knoxville.

I would say that Rupp is an advantage, but considering this same Tennessee team came in and walked out with a win last season will have them confident coming in.

If Kentucky does win, it will set them up for a one seed.

The SEC is still up for grabs. It could easily go to either UK, UT or LSU

Edwards to Georgia.

Just further proves you don’t have to come to Lexington (or Durham) to get to the NBA.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Edwards to Georgia.

Just further proves you don’t have to come to Lexington (or Durham) to get to the NBA.
    From what I have read, he is big D-Wade and Oladipo fan. Sorry UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    From what I have read, he is big D-Wade and Oladipo fan. Sorry UK.
    I think staying home had more to do with it than anything. Crean pitched being the next DWade/Oladipo.

Doesn’t really hurt much though. I don’t understand wanting to play for a coach who throws everybody under the bus after a game. I’d be curious to see how this current team plays for him the rest of the season before “Spring Creaning” begins.

I think staying home had more to do with it than anything. Crean pitched being the next DWade/Oladipo.

Doesn’t really hurt much though. I don’t understand wanting to play for a coach who throws everybody under the bus after a game. I’d be curious to see how this current team plays for him the rest of the season before “Spring Creaning” begins.
    My guess is that UGA won't win another game this season. Crean is crazy and why anyone would play for him after those statements are beyond me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

My guess is that UGA won't win another game this season. Crean is crazy and why anyone would play for him after those statements are beyond me.
    Meh, he is trimming of the fat. Crean's talent is recognizing guys in the rough. Although he has had some duds. That being said, we shall see.....my guess is that he changed a few things after his time at IU. Still sorry UK. LOL

Turn Off Ads?