Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Jaguars released Blake today. A move that had to be done. But Blake is a good guy. Loved by his teammates, respected by the press for his demeanor at all times. Did a lot of local charity work.

I assume he'll hook on a backup someplace. Miami, Tampa, Arizona. I hope when he plays again his offense will feature his running ability.

Jags take a 16.5 million cap hit this year. Thinking around town is rip the bandage off so we have room for extensions next year for guys like Jalen Ramsey.
    How quickly things change in one yr. A yr ago the Jags and Bortles were coming off a Super Bowl run and the Browns were winless. Now the Browns are projected to make the playoffs and roll onward while the Jags have cut their QB and are another struggling NFL franchise

2. Turn Off Ads?

As I suspected, the year 1 hit for Foles is only 12 million, year 2 hit is 21 million. That's to help absorb the hit from Bortles release.
    Just a year ago, the Jaguars had an opportunity to move on from Bortles. Instead, they handed him a contract extension that tied him to the team through the 2020 season. As a result, the Jaguars are now being forced to eat $16.5 million in dead cap this year, according to Spotrac. Only Antonio Brown -- traded from the Steelers to the Raiders -- has a higher dead cap hit than Bortles.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/j...ead-cap-space/

They'd better hope that Foles is the answer, otherwise they'll be looking at a similar cap hit in two yrs if he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How quickly things change in one yr. A yr ago the Jags and Bortles were coming off a Super Bowl run and the Browns were winless. Now the Browns are projected to make the playoffs and roll onward while the Jags have cut their QB and are another struggling NFL franchise
    Sticking with Bortles was ill advised but not surprising. Just as Caughlin has justified over paying for Foles with "Wanting him to be the leader and be respected in the locker room" he justified extending Bortles because of the teams 2017 accomplishments. TCs financial approach to QBs is heavily flawed, paying them for reasons other than individual projections for the future. I just hope Foles can live up to what this team needs to be competitive again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Sticking with Bortles was ill advised but not surprising. Just as Caughlin has justified over paying for Foles with "Wanting him to be the leader and be respected in the locker room" he justified extending Bortles because of the teams 2017 accomplishments. TCs financial approach to QBs is heavily flawed, paying them for reasons other than individual projections for the future. I just hope Foles can live up to what this team needs to be competitive again.
    TC cost his franchise millions if not tens of millions with Bortles. Most business owners would not take kindly to that but this is the NFL

We signed TE Geoff Swaim

We've signed WR Chris Conley and RT Cedric Ogbeuhi

Best of luck with Ced...good low risk move but man the Bengals got 0 from him and even his old college line coach wanted nothing to do with him.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    We've signed WR Chris Conley and RT Cedric Ogbeuhi
    Conley is actually good and was misused by Reid (as was Albert Wilson) because Alex Smith was afraid to throw the ball more than 5 yards. When Mahomes started games, they had elite playmakers in Kelce, Hunt and Hill that left little for Conley to do other than be a decoy.

The Ogbuehi move is a head-scratcher. I thought they had their fill of over-hyped Texas A&M Tackles enough to last a lifetime. Coughlin has to learn for himself, I guess.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-16-2019 at 06:55 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Signed LB Jake Ryan. Played for GB and was ranked #19 LB by PFF after 2017. Tore his ACL during 2018 training camp.

Solid signing, if healthy should do doubt start over Jacobs.

Well, today is draft day. Jags most pressing needs are TE and OL. The TE name most people throw out is TJ Hockensen from Iowa who supposedly is both an excellent blocker and receiver. There are several OL that get mocked to us. Taylor from Florida and Williams from Alabama most notably.

A lot of people think however that there are certain DE/DL that would be too good for the Jags to pass on if they dropped. Notably Quinnen Williams and maybe Josh Allen.

And there's a lot of rumors that Falcons want Ed Oliver and if he falls to Jags, Falcons will trade up from 14 to get him. Trading back would be my dream scenario, so I am rooting for Murray to go #1, for Dan Snyder to go crazy and take Haskins at 5 with a trade up, for the Giants to go crazy and take Jones at 6.

(I love first three rounds of draft!!)
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

12. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (04-25-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Jacksonville loves to take Gators, and there is a big one (literally and figuratively) that should be staring them in the face, at a position of need. Mr. Taylor.

For some reason, though, I think they're trading down.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Well, today is draft day. Jags most pressing needs are TE and OL. The TE name most people throw out is TJ Hockensen from Iowa who supposedly is both an excellent blocker and receiver. There are several OL that get mocked to us. Taylor from Florida and Williams from Alabama most notably.

A lot of people think however that there are certain DE/DL that would be too good for the Jags to pass on if they dropped. Notably Quinnen Williams and maybe Josh Allen.

And there's a lot of rumors that Falcons want Ed Oliver and if he falls to Jags, Falcons will trade up from 14 to get him. Trading back would be my dream scenario, so I am rooting for Murray to go #1, for Dan Snyder to go crazy and take Haskins at 5 with a trade up, for the Giants to go crazy and take Jones at 6.

With you 100% on trading back and adding picks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, with the surprise moves by Oakland and Giants, left Allen on the board, and sure enough they thought he was too good to pass on.....

Well Jags moved up a couple picks and got Taylor, the player many people thought they'd take in round 1. Killing it so far.

Hope there is a good Tight end left....

They grabbed a tight end out of San Jose State. Josh Oliver. A pass catching tight end as opposed to a bloxking TE. All together a solid pick.

Then.... the Jags went all "smartest guys in the room" and took a guy at 98 that NFLN had not scouted, and they scouted 400 guys. LB Quincy Williams out of Murray State.

No picks in 4th round...

Turn Off Ads?