Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

So in the end, it appears the LB we took in 3rd round may not have been such a surprise to NFL guys. The 49's in their post draft press conference brought him up on their own, and said he was a good player and went right where he should.

We picked up a running back from Temple (which we needed), and a developmental QB in Gardner Minshew out of Wash St. Really interested to see what develops with him as far as being the backup. Quick release, accurate and supposedly as smart as they come. And apparently, quite he personality.

Pretty happy with the draft.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    So in the end, it appears the LB we took in 3rd round may not have been such a surprise to NFL guys. The 49's in their post draft press conference brought him up on their own, and said he was a good player and went right where he should.

We picked up a running back from Temple (which we needed), and a developmental QB in Gardner Minshew out of Wash St. Really interested to see what develops with him as far as being the backup. Quick release, accurate and supposedly as smart as they come. And apparently, quite he personality.

Pretty happy with the draft.
    Getting Allen and Taylor is like the Ramsey/Jack draft again and I love it.

I didn't realize Minshew finished 5th in Heisman voting.

Telvin Smith is sitting out the 2019 season for personal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Telvin Smith is sitting out the 2019 season for personal reasons.
    If you saw his video from a couple days ago, it didn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling about his mental state.

Also Cody Kessler was released. For now Jags backup will be 6th rounder Gardner Minshew, 2018 6th rounder, Tanner Lee or Alex McCough. The feeling is the job is Minshew's to lose. The can always pick up a veteran off the street as another option.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If you saw his video from a couple days ago, it didn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling about his mental state.

Also Cody Kessler was released. For now Jags backup will be 6th rounder Gardner Minshew, 2018 6th rounder, Tanner Lee or Alex McCough. The feeling is the job is Minshew's to lose. The can always pick up a veteran off the street as another option.
    I'm very interested to see what the team has to say after they are able to communicate with him and get an idea of what's going on.

I'm always 100% for the individual person > the athlete but I hope he's making the right choice. It's difficult to come back into most any pro sport after a year away. If he does sit and plays again it'll be about 19-20 months between live game action. Football would be especially difficult to come back to and especially once a player gets into their late 20s/early 30s.

Not sure how I feel about a rookie being the next man up if something happened with Foles. With a team still built to compete I would hope they'd have a safer option for QB2 and carry Minshew as QB3.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 05-10-2019 at 06:51 AM.

Camp has started. The Jags are in Baltimore. They will play a game Thursday and practice against the Ravens all week. They've had 2 notable injury setbacks. Jags had 2 3rd round picks this year and both are hurt.

TE - Josh Oliver out of San Jose St has suffered a "significant" hamstring injury. That makes it sounds like he like is going to miss a few regular season games (at least).

And our surprising (shocking?) LB pick Quincy Williams out of Murray State has torn a meniscus and it out until just about opening day. Other than missing much needed practice that one doesn't sound too bad. He had been opening eyes and convincing skeptics before the injury.

And unfortunately it looks like the Jags and DE Yannick Ngokwe are going to be fighting contract issues for a long time.

And last year's puzzling #1 pick still looks disapointing.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 08-05-2019 at 12:11 AM.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Jaguars activated LT Cam Robinson from the active/PUP list.

A few days ago head coach Doug Marrone wasn't even sure if Robinson would be ready for the season opener coming off a torn ACL that sidelined him for much of 2018. Apparently that's no longer up for debate as Robinson is expected to resume individual drills on Monday. Barring an unexpected setback, the 2017 second-rounder will be ready to protect Nick Foles' blind side when the Jags host Kansas City in Week 1.

SOURCE: John Oehser on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (08-12-2019)

Josh Allen looks like the steal of the draft at #7. All reports have been glowing and he was a force last night. Opposing QBs are going to have nightmares about him and Yannick.

DeFelippo is going to get this Offense going.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 08-23-2019 at 11:01 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Josh Allen looks like the steal of the draft at #7. All reports have been glowing and he was a force last night. Opposing QBs are going to have nightmares about him and Yannick.
    Fitzgerald was quoted as saying "I've been around a lot. I've never seen anything like it"

He apparently has a sore hand I haven't heard discussed much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    If #27 and the line can stay healthy it has a lot of potential

The division also got a little bit easier yesterday

Well we head into the first game and have to start with the Chiefs. One the toughest in the league. And already we have an offensive line issue. Starting left tackle Cam Robinson who missed most of last year with torn ACL in left knee has now developed a problem with his other knee and is doubtful.

Our starting Left and Right tackles will be making their NFL debuts.

We need the defense to be incredible.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    DeFelippo’s reputation is based on improving QBs. Based on the Vikings part of his experience, he doesn’t know how to improve an offense. He preferred using Dalvin Cook as a receiver vrs giving him carries as a runner.
    Last edited by Betterread; 09-07-2019 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    DeFelippo’s reputation is based on improving QBs. Based on the Vikings part of his experience, he doesn’t know how to improve an offense. He preferred using Dalvin Cook as a receiver vrs giving him carries as a runner.
    There's a lot wrong with this statement.

- - - Updated - - -

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

NFL Network's James Palmer reports Jaguars LT Cam Robinson (knee) could miss "a week to maybe a few weeks."

With backup LT Cedric Ogbuehi additionally out with a hamstring injury, Jacksonville will turn to third-stringer Will Richardson, who has yet to play a single regular season snap. It's not ideal, but Nick Foles and Leonard Fournette should still have a field day in what's shaping up as a pure trap spot for the Chiefs in Jacksonville. At this point, Robinson should also be considered doubtful for Week 2.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter

Turn Off Ads?