Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Well disastrous 2019 season is over. A season built upon trusting your defense and building up our offensive talent around Bortles blew up when we lost practically the whole offense. No one on the offensive line was left, we lost our best tight ends, and way more.

The biggest question of the off-season was already answered as Shad Khan, who values stability, kept Tom Coughlin, who over saw 2 bad drafts. And Coughlin is keeping the GM and Coach. It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Bortles will be let go.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 12-30-2018 at 05:04 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Do you try a rookie QB in the draft or try and go the FA route with someone like Foles...the cap situation the Jags are in will be tough to manage.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

There was mounting evidence during the year that the Jags were not happy with Fournette. It came to a head today. Fournette was a healthy scratch. TJ Yeldon who is eligible to be a Free Agent, was active, However both sat on the bench away from team mates the entire game, looking disinterested. Yelson did not even have his helmet with him. Both radio and tv mentioned it a couple times.

After the game Coughlin issued this statement

"I am disappointed in the behavior today from T.J. Yeldon and Leonard Fournette. They were disrespectful, selfish and their behavior was unbecoming of a professional football player.”

Fournette is gone folks.... I assume they will trade him for a mid-low pick.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Do you try a rookie QB in the draft or try and go the FA route with someone like Foles...the cap situation the Jags are in will be tough to manage.
    Most people think rookie QB with an inexpensive bridge veteran. I'd be totally OK with Haskins wearing Teal next year. (I'd actually keep Bortles as the bridge but I don't think that will happen).

I harken back to a post from just after Dante Fowler was traded to Rams. Some guy posted that a guy who had just bought tires from him, said that's he'd been in the locker room, and Jags were not happy with Fowler and #27 (Fournette) would be next. The tire guy looked up his name and he was an OL on the practice squad.

Might have been legit. At the time LF was still injured but that was about all that had come out.

The Jaguars of the past two yrs shows the thin line between winning and losing in the NFL. Last yr they were one of the top 5 teams in the league, the next yr they're one of the worst 5 teams. So much rides on health, calls, breaks and whatnot.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Jaguars of the past two yrs shows the thin line between winning and losing in the NFL. Last yr they were one of the top 5 teams in the league, the next yr they're one of the worst 5 teams. So much rides on health, calls, breaks and whatnot.
    Crazy how that works. Back in the "old" days sucking meant you got an easy schedule the following year. Suckiness does not get you that now a days.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-30-2018)

Wouldn’t be shocked if Joe Flacco is the Qb next year.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yes, that line is thin, yet Marvin Lewis can't seem to cross it. Now it looks like the Browns will win a playoff game before the Bengals do.

Khan is not reactionary. You don't fire your G.M. after two seasons.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    He gone

Jags cleaned out a lot of Asst Coaches.. both lines, DB's, running backs.

- - - Updated - - -

The 4 co hosts on the afternoon radio show made a prediction on who would take the first snap for Jags in 2019.

1 vote for Haskins, 3 votes for Foles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    He gone
    Looks like we're moving forward with Leonard. Hopefully we see a healthier #27 this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Looks like we're moving forward with Leonard. Hopefully we see a healthier #27 this fall.
    Could he be on the trade block anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Could he be on the trade block anyway?
    I'm going to say no. His trade value has to be pretty low at this point with his issues and his lack of health this last season. No way Jax could get a decent return for him and with Yeldon and Hyde FAs they probably don't want to head into 2019 without a legit back.

He needs to be healthy and they need to get whatever is necessary to fix the passing game. Everyone has criticized LF for his low ypc this season (3.3) but how much of that is directly related to Bortles/Kessler at QB and almost every offensive lineman ending up on the IR. LT Cam Robinson week 2, backup LT Josh Wells week 5 (came back week 15), backup RT Will Richardson week 6, C Brandon Linder week 10, LG Andrew Norwell week 12, RT Jeremy Parnell week 14, backup OT Josh Walker week 15.

Turn Off Ads?