Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

There was a lot of talk about Daniel Jones, the Duke QB on local radio. Felt a little better about it if he's the guy in 4 months.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    There was a lot of talk about Daniel Jones, the Duke QB on local radio. Felt a little better about it if he's the guy in 4 months.
    Who?

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/14/1...kins-drew-lock

Murray to Jags at #7. If he chooses football I would absolutely love this pick. His height could prevent a team from drafting/trading up and drafting him before #7.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    https://www.sbnation.com/2019/1/14/1...kins-drew-lock

Murray to Jags at #7. If he chooses football I would absolutely love this pick. His height could prevent a team from drafting/trading up and drafting him before #7.
    Yikes. I would HATE that. Want nothing to do with a 5'9" QB at pick 7. 2nd or 3rd round? I'll take a chance then.

Doug Flutie is listed (generous perhaps) as 5’10” for reference. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Doug Flutie is listed (generous perhaps) as 5’10” for reference. Yikes!
    And how was Flutie's NFL career? Yikes is right! LOL

Yikes. I would HATE that. Want nothing to do with a 5'9" QB at pick 7. 2nd or 3rd round? I'll take a chance then.
    Yeah well I hated the Bortles pick and Byron Leftwich was a bust. Both high pick, high profile guys because of their body size and they sucked. Our two best QBs in Jags history have been Mark Brunell and David Garrard, both 6'1. If I pull out a ruler and look at how much 2-3 inches is its not going to sway my opinion on a QBs height that much. As a matter of fact I cant even name a high profile QB who wasn't successful in the NFL because he was too short. Russell Wilson sure isn't having a problem with it.

From a draft profile on Murray:
    Ball explodes off his hand, baseball velocity evident
    Sudden delivery allows him to shoot the ball out of his hand if/when under duress
    Crisp, quick feet
    Elite quality mobility, tears apart man coverage downfield with speed

I'd be more concerned about what his passion for football vs. baseball is than his size. I watched the OU/Bama game, the kid has 4.4 speed, he has above average accuracy and pocket awareness. His tools are ridiculous. The RPO is becoming more and more prevalent in todays NFL and works beautifully with a player like Murray.

Oh and Baker Mayfield, last years Heisman winner and #1 overall pick, is only 6'1.

Name:  r960-cd21252a6c84dd5c1b0359a74d1c6c01.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  200.2 KB
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 01-14-2019 at 11:44 AM.

https://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~maxymuk...g/qbshort.html

Some guys can rarely overcome height defiencies. But there’s a point of diminishing returns around 6 ft and definitely by 5’9.

Mayfield at 6’1 should not be used in this discussion. Murray’s height would make him an extremely rare bird, no need to argue that.

Though I like the misleading photo with Murray in the foreground.

Some guys can rarely overcome height defiencies. But there’s a point of diminishing returns around 6 ft and definitely by 5’9.

Mayfield at 6’1 should not be used in this discussion. Murray’s height would make him an extremely rare bird, no need to argue that.

Drew Brees? I met him once and I swear he is my height. That be 5-10. But that is when he was in college.

There really aren't any good comparison photos when I looked. Murray is in front but barely. They're both behind the line, standing a few feet from each other.

So out of that entire list the only recent name is Doug Flutie, who hasn't been a starting QB since 2001. That list only proves that recently no other players have played QB at that height, not that one can't. The NFL offense and QB is so different now than it was even at the turn of the century.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 01-14-2019 at 02:30 PM.

On other fronts.... it sure seems like the Jags are having trouble getting an offensive coordinator.

On other fronts.... it sure seems like the Jags are having trouble getting an offensive coordinator.
    Kevin Wilson...Ohio St.

I think DeFlippo was the best Offensive Coordinator available. Zimmer had to be the problem, not DeFlippo. Zimmer now has a history of blowing through quality Coordinators. I can't see Zimmer getting more than two years as a HC if he doesn't get the Vikings back to the NFC Championship Game. Cousins was a costly investment, while a lot of money has been spent on their Offensive Line, too. Can't keep writing expensive checks without matching results. Jags have a lot of Offensive potential. They had a meeting with Fournette a couple of days ago, and they should be good to go with him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Probably a 70% chance Foles is a Jaguar now.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I'm cool with DeFillipo as OC. I didn't want this Bevins guy. Interesting that DeFilippo is considered a pass first guy, and Coughlin/Marrone are run first guys.

Turn Off Ads?