Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Chiefs' Offense steamrolling the Jags as if they aren't even on the field. We've seen Mahomes do this before.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Foles is done for the day with a shoulder injury:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...houlder-injury

Blowout game and QB hurt.
    Go Gators!

Well this was about as ugly as you can get.

The defense that is supposed to be so good, that I said had to be really great today was horrible. Missed tackles and assignments all over the field. I'm not looking it up but there were something like 7 straight scoring possessions to start the game that Chiefs scored on.

Jags have no discipline. Miles Jack was ejected for fighting. There were numerous times Jags players (like Fournette and Ramsey) were pushing and shoving guys. I think the Jags have a bad culture in the locker room. I'm about ready to move on from the current coaching staff. And I wouldn't mind it if Jags traded Ramsey if they got a huge haul.

And on our second possession of the year we lost our savior QB Nick Foles for 8 weeks or so with broken clavicle. The only bright side of this one is the backup QB Gardner Minshew came in and looked great. He was 22 of 25 with 2 TDs. He had an interception but that was because Fournette deflected a ball he should have caught into the defenders arms.

He was supposed to be smart and accurate and he was both.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well this was about as ugly as you can get.

The defense that is supposed to be so good, that I said had to be really great today was horrible. Missed tackles and assignments all over the field. I'm not looking it up but there were something like 7 straight scoring possessions to start the game that Chiefs scored on.

Jags have no discipline. Miles Jack was ejected for fighting. There were numerous times Jags players (like Fournette and Ramsey) were pushing and shoving guys. I think the Jags have a bad culture in the locker room. I'm about ready to move on from the current coaching staff. And I wouldn't mind it if Jags traded Ramsey if they got a huge haul.

And on our second possession of the year we lost our savior QB Nick Foles for 8 weeks or so with broken clavicle. The only bright side of this one is the backup QB Gardner Minshew came in and looked great. He was 22 of 25 with 2 TDs. He had an interception but that was because Fournette deflected a ball he should have caught into the defenders arms.

He was supposed to be smart and accurate and he was both.
    Can we look forward to seeing more Gardner Minshew? I sure hope so

Well it's almost a certainty that Foles will go on IR so we need a QB for next 7 games. They've said all along they like Minshew and he certainly gave them no reason to make them doubt him today. He's the starter unless the wheels come off.

Who they sign as backup QB will say a lot. If they give up draft choices for someone on an active roster that's a bad sign. If they sign someone off a practice squad, that's a good sign for him. If they sign a veteran off the street, that's neutral.

BTW, there's nothing better for a team and it's salary cap than a Rookie QB who's good and cheap. If he became "the man" that would be big

Well it's almost a certainty that Foles will go on IR so we need a QB for next 7 games. They've said all along they like Minshew and he certainly gave them no reason to make them doubt him today. He's the starter unless the wheels come off.

Who they sign as backup QB will say a lot. If they give up draft choices for someone on an active roster that's a bad sign. If they sign someone off a practice squad, that's a good sign for him. If they sign a veteran off the street, that's neutral.

BTW, there's nothing better for a team and it's salary cap than a Rookie QB who's good and cheap. If he became "the man" that would be big
    It would be nice for the Jags but they've already got salcap money committed to Foles, $50mill guaranteed. I'm a big fan of Minshew. I hope he does well and I'll follow him closely

This is a big reason why the Bengals have stashed Jake Dolegala on their 53 man roster. Even if somehow he'd have cleared waivers he'd most assuredly been plucked off the practice squad by some team like the Jags

Well the Jags just made a head scratching move. They traded a 5th round pick for a QB on an active roster. But it was Josh Dobbs. Who has no experience, and has looked terrible in preseason when he has played. If you're going for a guy with no experience (not the move I would have made), then pick someone off a practice squad like Sloter. Don't flush a 5th rounder down the drain for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It would be nice for the Jags but they've already got salcap money committed to Foles, $50mill guaranteed. I'm a big fan of Minshew. I hope he does well and I'll follow him closely
    If Minshew plays lights out for next 7 weeks (probably not going to happen), and looks like a guy that should be a starter from here on out.... you could always trade Foles. Come November, there will be teams needing a QB because of injuries. If you are Rams and Goff goes down, do you want Blake Bortles to take you to playoffs?
    Last edited by JaxRed; 09-09-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Well the Jags just made a head scratching move. They traded a 5th round pick for a QB on an active roster. But it was Josh Dobbs. Who has no experience, and has looked terrible in preseason when he has played. If you're going for a guy with no experience (not the move I would have made), then pick someone off a practice squad like Sloter. Don't flush a 5th rounder down the drain for nothing.
    Who made that move? there are guys at home waiting for the phone to ring who are better QB's, starting to wonder if Coughlin should step aside when the coaching staff is inevitably fired.
    Go Gators!

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-09-2019)

Well we head to Houston for Week 2. Underdogs again. We have a lot of guys out again. Key to this game is two things. Defense getting back to stellar status, and Gardner Minshew being pretty close to what he showed us last week.

My guess is that at least one of those things fails, and we fall. But I'll be rooting for the win.

This is ugly...

Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey held back after shouting match with coach Doug Marrone
    LORENZO REYES | USA TODAY
    2:19 p.m. EDT Sep. 15, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/2335330001/

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    This is ugly...

Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey held back after shouting match with coach Doug Marrone
    LORENZO REYES | USA TODAY
    2:19 p.m. EDT Sep. 15, 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rs/2335330001/
    Yep just more of the fact we have no disiciplne.

Well Head Coach Doug Marrone literally gave the game away. Gardner Minshew leads a come back TD drive with 30 seconds left. Throws a TD to Chark. We can tie the game with extra point. Our defense was dominating and the offense is clicking, the Jags will have all the momentum.

Strangely, Marrone decides to go for 2. Well, you think "Minshew has got them scrambling with all his maneuverability, it's the thing that saved the game after all those Fournette runs ups the middle that got stuffed, guess we'll roll out and let him do his thing".

Nope....they run Fournette up the middle. The play that didn't work the entire game. And he gets stuffed. Jags lose. Gave the game away.

Turn Off Ads?