Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

They have Westbrook back for this huge game.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well we absorbed a beatdown. Strangely enough we were up 7-0 and looking good and the whole thing went south. We never scored again until garbage time with less than a minute and down 26 points. (And even then we managed to score 4 points on a touchdown by turning a 2 point conversion into 2 points for Indy.)

There was essentially no reason to lose this game. We were totally healthy and rested. We simply could not stop the run and when we wanted to run we couldn't.

Marrone is almost certainly done. So is DC Todd Wash. The only real question(s) are the status of Tom Coughlin and GM Dave Caldwell.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well we absorbed a beatdown. Strangely enough we were up 7-0 and looking good and the whole thing went south. We never scored again until garbage time with less than a minute and down 26 points. (And even then we managed to score 4 points on a touchdown by turning a 2 point conversion into 2 points for Indy.)

There was essentially no reason to lose this game. We were totally healthy and rested. We simply could not stop the run and when we wanted to run we couldn't.

Marrone is almost certainly done. So is DC Todd Wash. The only real question(s) are the status of Tom Coughlin and GM Dave Caldwell.
    They have some pieces on offense but they are a shell of themselves on D...Indy gashed them on the ground even after Mack went down. The usage of Fournette in the first half was puzzling as well...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Isn't QB still a real question? how do you see that?

Well in my mind they need to clean house in management. Coghlin, Marrone, and Caldwell. Fire the DC. I have no issue if they keep the OC to work with Foles and/or Minshew. Need to find the next genius G.M. And he needs to hire the right coach.

Should be attractive. 4 first rounders in the next 2 years, plus a lot of young talent, including a possible franchise QB already in house. Cap issues right now but they'll be over after 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Isn't QB still a real question? how do you see that?
    As far as I'm concerned we still have 2 potential franchise QBs. Nothing is better than having a franchise QB on a cheap rookie deal. I would like to trade Foles after 2020 and roll with Minshew.

8. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-18-2019)

As far as I'm concerned we still have 2 potential franchise QBs. Nothing is better than having a franchise QB on a cheap rookie deal. I would like to trade Foles after 2020 and roll with Minshew.
    Ride or die with Minshew eh?

"Believe me, I know more than anyone that a strong rushing attack will open things up in the pass game," said Head Coach Doug Morone.

...and, there's your problem.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Well we head into 4 PM game with Titans. No reason to expect a win after the egg they laid last week. After being totally healthy last week after the bye, we have the usual assortment of little things. Almost time to start thinking about draft.

We have picks 12 and 20 currently. Hoping for Rams loss to Ravens Monday.

12. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (11-25-2019)

Well we head into 4 PM game with Titans. No reason to expect a win after the egg they laid last week. After being totally healthy last week after the bye, we have the usual assortment of little things. Almost time to start thinking about draft.

We have picks 12 and 20 currently. Hoping for Rams loss to Ravens Monday.
    ...which is why you probably get one.

So, they get into FG range on their first drive and then start self-destructing.

Tannehill has looked good since he took over for Mariota. Tannehill had 7 different Offensive Cooridinators during his time at Miami. It's amazing he's still in the league as no QB could survive that and come out well from it.

Well third straight divisional blowout by 20+ points. Local media seems to think this will result in Marrone firing within 24 hours. Love to see it but Khan has always seemed to be a "end of season" guy. But something to watch.

I would guess that Derrick Henry will be the offensive player of the week.

https://www.al.com/sports/2019/11/de...rd-td-run.html

Not that everyone is jotting down my past notes on the Jags, but I've always had my doubts about the wisdom of the Tom Coughlin Executive VP plan here in Jacksonville. He has ultimate decision making power on every personnel decision. So he essentially is the GM.

Well when he was here back in the 90's he set the franchise back when he ran the salary cap into the ground.

Now that he's back, we're in salary cap hell again. The QB decisions are telling. He gets here and after the successful 2017 season he gives Bortles a big extension when he still had a year to go. Then, one year later he changes his mind and waives Bortles eating 16 million in dead cap space.

He signs Foles and even though they were the only team bidding, signs him to a 88 million dollar contract. The first year has to be cheap because they are in cap hell and paying 16 millions of dead money for Bortles. Now, when they could possibly trade Foles after the season and go with the cheap rookie Minshew, they probably won't be able to because Foles would have 34 million in dead cap space.

Why did Jags sign him to such a big deal when they were they only team bidding? Because they (Coughlin) wanted that big contract to impress the other players in the locker room.

With all that's gone on this season (notably the Jalen Ramsey fiasco), not a peep from Coughlin. Even though by all accounts Ramsey wanted out because of Coughlin.

So today he shows up from quickie press conference. The word used by many? Debacle.

As I was watching all I could think is we have got to get this man out of here.

Some quotes

On coming back next year: "There are five games to go."
    On Doug Marrone's status: "Five games to win."
    On potential Yannick Ngakoue extension/franchise tag: "That is not a discussion for today."

He kept repeating the 5 games thing. He did say Ngakwoue had a lot to prove. Wouldn't comment on Ramsey situation because he plays for a different team now.

Coughlin has to go. It's more important than firing Marrone. It's more important than firing GM Caldwell. This thing is not going to get fixed if Coughlin is till here.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 11-27-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Turn Off Ads?