Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Re: Jacksonville Jaguars 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Looks like we’re trying to trade Carlos Hyde and Malik Jackson. Makes me think there’s a good chance we’ll release them if we can’t find a deal and then target a DL in the 1st rd.
    Looks like he's due a roster bonus and some guaranteed money if he's kept past March 15th. My guess is that means they'll make a decision by then...likely release

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonv...os-hyde-14467/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Blake has a 1 million roster minus due also. That will be weighed against his cap which is way less after 1 June
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Looks like he's due a roster bonus and some guaranteed money if he's kept past March 15th. My guess is that means they'll make a decision by then...likely release

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonv...os-hyde-14467/
    Yeah he's going to be difficult to trade and will likely be released.

Hyde on the other hand, I'd love to see what Baltimore would give up for him. They've got two 6th round picks. I'd have to guess that one of those would get the deal done.

Foles is a sub-average QB. They need to not be stupid and tie up guaranteed money in future years.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Foles is a sub-average QB. They need to not be stupid and tie up guaranteed money in future years.
    Was. He's looked like a Top 15 QB recently.

Hard to predict his worth in dollars, but I figure he'll get more than Bortles. I'm thinking 4 years, <$80 million.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

We are releasing Malik Jackson, Jeremy Parnell, Tashaun Gipson, and Carlos Hyde

Spring cleaning in full effect

Cap room in the 30 million range. Should go up after we cut Bortles but that might not happen until 6/1 or it could happen after we find a new QB. Reports are we're interested in Bridgewater as well as Foles.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 03-08-2019 at 01:19 PM.

We are releasing Malik Jackson, Jeremy Parnell, Tashaun Gipson, and Carlos Hyde

Spring cleaning in full effect

Cap room in the 30 million range. Should go up after we cut Bortles but that might not happen until 6/1 or it could happen after we find a new QB. Reports are we're interested in Bridgewater as well as Foles.
    I'm guessing Bridgewater is the backup plan. Not the backup QB plan.

Well word is out that Jags have signed Foles to 4 year 88 million contract. This is what I was afraid of with Coughlin running the show. To me that was a massive overpay. $50 million guaranteed. 102 million with incentives.

The worry was that Jags (Coughlin) would bid against themselves when there were no other options for Foles. And it looks like they did.

Well.............. hope he is good. That's all we can do now.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 03-11-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Well word is out that Jags have signed Foles to 4 year 88 million contract. This is what I was afraid of with Coughlin running the show. To me that was a massive overpay. $50 million guaranteed. 102 million with incentives.

The worry was that Jags (Coughlin) would bid against themselves when there were no other options for Foles. And it looks like they did.

Well.............. hope he is good. That's all we can do now.
    "Garafolo reported that, despite Foles' market or lack thereof, Jacksonville wanted to give Foles a "respectable starting quarterback contract" to ensure his status as the leader of the team, not just in the short term, but for the foreseeable future."

This better work out.....

Wow...what a spectacular overpay.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Wow...what a spectacular overpay.
    Yes. Idiots, since they were bidding against themselves. $50M guaranteed is just stupid. But, it's not as dumb as the Bengals and signing Bobby Hart, the NFL's 75th ranked Tackle (there's only 64 Starting Tackle positions!) last season, for 3 yrs @ $21M.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Hopefully the deal for Foles puts all the guaranteed money in the first two years. I still think we should draft a QB like Will Grier if we can get him late 2nd/early 3rd.

Hopefully the deal for Foles puts all the guaranteed money in the first two years. I still think we should draft a QB like Will Grier if we can get him late 2nd/early 3rd.
    If I had to guess, year 1 will be lighter because we need to still pay Blake. I might grab a QB in 5th. Right now we need playmakers with the 1,2 and 2 thirds.

Jaguars released Blake today. A move that had to be done. But Blake is a good guy. Loved by his teammates, respected by the press for his demeanor at all times. Did a lot of local charity work.

I assume he'll hook on a backup someplace. Miami, Tampa, Arizona. I hope when he plays again his offense will feature his running ability.

Jags take a 16.5 million cap hit this year. Thinking around town is rip the bandage off so we have room for extensions next year for guys like Jalen Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If I had to guess, year 1 will be lighter because we need to still pay Blake. I might grab a QB in 5th. Right now we need playmakers with the 1,2 and 2 thirds.
    As I suspected, the year 1 hit for Foles is only 12 million, year 2 hit is 21 million. That's to help absorb the hit from Bortles release.

Turn Off Ads?