Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Re: 2018 Bengals Season: My House is Made of Mediocrity

Marvin, Hue, and/or Vance, will be involved somehow.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Or Vance Joseph.
    I think Vance Joseph is their ceiling with a new hire, as sad as it sounds. It will most likely be a retread. No up and coming star is going to take this job with this ownership. Not to mention the questions surrounding the offensive line, back seven, quarterback and your best two players on defense are over 30 years old.

Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

I'm hoping for Zimmer if Minnesota fires him.

Marvin took the job and received plenty of patience from ownership, while many other coaches were fired within 3 years.

Of course the team has holes, but any available job will almost certainly come with similar issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think Vance Joseph is their ceiling with a new hire, as sad as it sounds. It will most likely be a retread. No up and coming star is going to take this job with this ownership. Not to mention the questions surrounding the offensive line, back seven, quarterback and your best two players on defense are over 30 years old.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I'm hoping for Zimmer if Minnesota fires him.
    That would be righting a wrong, for sure.

I'm hoping the Bengals go big with a Mike McCarthy hire.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

A critical hire, but less critical than installing a real GM.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-31-2018),Kingspoint (12-31-2018),Revering4Blue (12-31-2018),RiverRat13 (12-31-2018)

Marvin speaking now says he did not deliver...lots of positives. He and Mike both decided it was time. Spent last 20 mins with the players and they talked ...about passion and not cutting things short. Says this season has been a lot from Indy all the way through...

Enjoyed coaching a younger team this season but they were still kids many of them. Thinks Hue would be a qualified choice, been in a few difficult situations which is tough. Would be an excellent choice.

Marvin said he worked his tail off here...

Was asked about being offered another job (GM) and flatly denies that happened said those reports were from left field.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

10. Likes:

KittyDuran (12-31-2018)

Thank god. So happy. If he had come back again, I think I was done. At least it will be different now. I couldn’t do more of the same.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Lots of competition this year for head coaches coupled with the fact that some won't come here will make it a struggle to find a new head coach...I think we are looking at more of the same.

Just remember, when Marvin was hired, he was the hot coordinator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

14. Likes:

Hoosier Red (12-31-2018)

Oops, posted in other thread before seeing this one. Thank god he’s finally gone. I think it would have ended my fandom if he had come back again. At least whatever happens now won’t feel the same.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Rap is reporting Vance Joseph is the name to watch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And he did do a good job for the first 5 yrs or so unfortunately it was time to go 3-4 yrs ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    This is a little bit of revisionist history. He was the hot coordinator after the Ravens Super Bowl win but was passed over multiple times (most notably in Tampa). He took the Redskins DC job for a year before finally landing the Bengals job. My point is that he probably would not have taken the Bengals job after the 2000 season because he was the hot name, but it was starting to feel like he was never going to get a shot so he was pretty much forced to take the Bengals job after the 2002 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Marvin, Hue, and/or Vance, will be involved somehow.
    I'm a prophet:

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If they do then they have no one to blame but themselves for the empty stadium next yr. I have no inside information but I stand by my prediction that Marvin will be fired after this yr and Hue will not be his replacement and my reasoning is simple: Money. He needs to make a change in order to fill the seats next yr.
    I'm telling you folks, Mike Brown knows money and he saw the empty seats. I don't know how many times I have to tell you. After all these yrs you folks still don't get Mike Brown. I knew Marvin wasn't staying. The rest of you should have known better. This is no surprise

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-31-2018)

From 2003-2015 he was a very good coach, even with the playoff failures, especially 2015.

He was not perfect, but was good, but the last 3 years were not good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Rap is reporting Vance Joseph is the name to watch

- - - Updated - - -

And he did do a good job for the first 5 yrs or so unfortunately it was time to go 3-4 yrs ago...

Turn Off Ads?