Turn Off Ads?
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465

Thread: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Re: 2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    It's going to be so awesome to see Pittsburgh move up to grab Bush or White.
    this would not be cool.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

2. Turn Off Ads?

I saw a post on Twitter from a younger Bengals fan complaining about how he's tired of so many other Bengals fan complaining about the team/franchise. It made we realize that there's a whole generation of Bengals fans that never experienced the terror and apathy of the 1990's Bengals. I almost responded to this anonymous guy but I let it go. He simply has no idea what the 90's were like and why even though the Bengals have improve throughout the 2000's, Mike Brown is still Mike Brown in a lot of ways. I could reminisce about story after story of how cheap this franchise is and only spent more money when the NFL put in a salary cap 'floor' and then basically designed the NFL for more parity (even though there really isn't much).

Anyway, my point is that there is a whole generation of Bengals fans who have no idea what the older fans have been through and why we are so negative about the team/franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I saw a post on Twitter from a younger Bengals fan complaining about how he's tired of so many other Bengals fan complaining about the team/franchise. It made we realize that there's a whole generation of Bengals fans that never experienced the terror and apathy of the 1990's Bengals. I almost responded to this anonymous guy but I let it go. He simply has no idea what the 90's were like and why even though the Bengals have improve throughout the 2000's, Mike Brown is still Mike Brown in a lot of ways. I could reminisce about story after story of how cheap this franchise is and only spent more money when the NFL put in a salary cap 'floor' and then basically designed the NFL for more parity (even though there really isn't much).

Anyway, my point is that there is a whole generation of Bengals fans who have no idea what the older fans have been through and why we are so negative about the team/franchise.
    That same generation has no idea what it's like to see their hometown Reds win a world series either. my generation has experienced nothing but disappointment with both of the major sports teams.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The roster currently standing is 6-7 wins with Dalton as our QB.

Maybe you are happy with just getting to the playoffs and getting a participation trophy, but I’d like to see the Bengals win a playoff game once in my lifetime. Just getting to the playoffs isn’t enough.
    The roster currently surrounding Dalton sucks. The Walter Football Report posted here recently said so. Let's build up the roster 'cause no matter who the QB is will benefit. Dalton isn't solely responsible for the playoff failures. In the meantime, if you can find a better QB, by all means, do it

Who cares what the Walter Report said. They were 4-1 before injuries started depleting them. Maybe depth wise they are not top tier but one of the worst rosters is not accurate. Bad coaching. Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Who cares what the Walter Report said. They were 4-1 before injuries started depleting them. Maybe depth wise they are not top tier but one of the worst rosters is not accurate. Bad coaching. Sure.
    I'd go even further. 5-3 in the first half, and then played 5 out of 8 in the second half with a backup QB.

They weren't good, by any means, but probably an 8 win team with a healthy Dalton. I think they'd have had shots at beating Cleveland, the Broncos, maybe even the Chargers and Steelers given they were close games.

It was a weird year. Their pythag was ruined by two games and then the backup QB starting 5 games.

It's hard to understand calling a team like that one of the worst rosters in the NFL, but I could be seeing all of this with rose colored glasses.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

The measure of talent on a team is not how they played in September and October, but how they played in November and December.

Whoo-hoo!!! We were OK in September and October!!! C'mon.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The measure of talent on a team is not how they played in September and October, but how they played in November and December.

Whoo-hoo!!! We were OK in September and October!!! C'mon.

No one said they gave good depth. Just not one of the worst rosters in the NFL

That's always hard to say. Schemes and coaches can make good rosters bad and bad rosters good.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (05-05-2019)

For the record, I never said I agreed or disagreed with anything walterfootball or profootballfocus said. I flat out didn't pay any attention to the draft or the players drafted so I have no way to meaure their accuracy on the individual pics.

I do like what KoryMac has been doing, so for now I have to go with his analysis of the overall draft for the Bengals, whatever that is. Curious to find out after he's had time to think about it.

13. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (05-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's always hard to say. Schemes and coaches can make good rosters bad and bad rosters good.
    Yes. And I think the last one ran it’s course after 2015-16.

I hope this one gets more out of these picks and is not too attached to anyone.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-03-2019),Revering4Blue (05-05-2019)

2019 Bengals Season - The Post Marvin era begins

Nm

Turn Off Ads?