Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pretty exciting being a sports fan in Cincinnati again.

Pretty exciting being a sports fan in Cincinnati again.

Soccer, true direction with the Bengals and REDS, and I'm sure there's more.

Hopefully it's the beginning of a decade-long run.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pretty exciting being a sports fan in Cincinnati again.

Well it's been so far down for so long it's bound to flip sometime. I just don't know if it's now. I'd like to see a few more changes first

The Bengals are still owned by Mike Brown.

The Reds are still owned by Bob. Trading for a guy like Puig is a sexy acquisition. I'm still leery of what else is on the horizon. Bob continues to get worse as time goes on as he's yet to even sniff a championship yet.

Both those teams mindsets have gone from "Hopeless" to "We don't suck that bad." We still have a ways to go.

FCC: So cool we have an MLS team now. Very exciting to watch, attend, and support.

Reds: Well look who finally woke up and started trying again! Tough to see them getting past the Brewers Cubs or even the Cardinals, but that's why they play the games. Just the fact that their roster more resembles an MLB roster as opposed to AA, is huge.

Bengals: I see them as AFC North doormats for a great many years, honestly. Above average but one-dimensional QB, great RB and WRs when healthy. Terrible, terrible OLine. So many holes on defense. And Mike Brown, the one constant during the playoff victory drought... yep he's still GM so they will always be looking upwards at teams that are actually doing whatever it takes to succeed on the field.

Can't wait for this spring and summer for Reds and FCC though. I will most likely attend more games this year than in quite some time. FCC plays well into the fall too, so no need to waste time with Mike Brown's minimalist nonsense.

Can't wait til that PBS stadium lease is up. If I had my way, Hamilton County taxpayers would send Mike Brown's scam elsewhere and we'd let Grade School/HS/College teams play down there. Maybe host open air concerts... In honor of Mike Brown, rename the Stadium BFS (Bye Felicia Stadium). Maintenance of BFS will be a fraction of what we pay for Mike Brown's racket, and so much more fulfilling to the community.

Good times ahead!
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 01-01-2019 at 05:56 PM.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-01-2019)

2026. That's when the lease is up.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

The difficulty is that Mike Brown will probably die before the lease is up. Who knows how the regime will be run after that, as Katie et al aren't trying to measure up to daddy.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The difficulty is that Mike Brown will probably die before the lease is up. Who knows how the regime will be run after that, as Katie et al aren't trying to measure up to daddy.
    Yep. His lease might be up by then, too.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Hopefully it's the beginning of a decade-long run.
    Instead of giving us the runs!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?