Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Minor League Transactions

Re: 2019 Minor League Transactions

The Reds have signed:

RHP Randy Wynne from the INDY Leagues, the 26 year old played for Missouri Baptist University a few years ago.

https://uspbl.com/players/randy-wynne/

and

LHP Alec Byrd from the INDY Leagues, the 24 year old was a former draftee of the Rockies and played for Florida State University prior to that.

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/play...ayerid=1352837

2. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-19-2019),RED VAN HOT (06-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    LHP Alec Byrd from the INDY Leagues, the 24 year old was a former draftee of the Rockies and played for Florida State University prior to that.

http://pointstreak.com/baseball/play...ayerid=1352837
    Reds actually drafted Byrd in 2013 before he ended up at FSU.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-19-2019),Kinsm (06-19-2019),lollipopcurve (06-19-2019)

Joel Kuhnel bumped up from Chattanooga, where he had a 2.27 ERA, to Louisville. You may recall Kuhnel can hit 101 mph on his fastball, and while he doesn't have the eye-popping K/9 numbers that often come with that he also doesn't have the detrimental BB/9 that seems to plague those guys as well.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Joel Kuhnel bumped up from Chattanooga, where he had a 2.27 ERA, to Louisville. You may recall Kuhnel can hit 101 mph on his fastball, and while he doesn't have the eye-popping K/9 numbers that often come with that he also doesn't have the detrimental BB/9 that seems to plague those guys as well.
    I think we often become too caught up in strikeout numbers. If a guy can hit corners and change speeds and get weak contact, I'll take that all day long. I agree command is more important than hitting 102.
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Big. Also makes me think Powers who got this bump earlier and got hurt is gonna be out for a while.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Big. Also makes me think Powers who got this bump earlier and got hurt is gonna be out for a while.
    What happened to Powers?

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    What happened to Powers?
    He's been on the DL for a while now. Not sure what the deal is.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    What happened to Powers?
    He lost his mojo

12. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-27-2019),NC Reds (07-01-2019),texasdave (06-26-2019),UKFlounder (06-26-2019)

The Reds have released LHRP Victor Payano, the 26 year old Dominican has played the past 2 seasons with the Reds AA affiliate. He had missed a sizable chunk of the season due to a stress fracture in his calf bone.

5th round pick evan kravetz went on the 60-day injured list at greeneville. anyone know what the ailment is?

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    5th round pick evan kravetz went on the 60-day injured list at greeneville. anyone know what the ailment is?
    From redsminorleagues.com
    While I was on my visit to watch the Greeneville Reds last week there was a roster move in the works that caught my eye, but wasn’t officially announced until this afternoon. The Cincinnati Reds placed 5th round pick Evan Kravetz on the 60-day injured list on the Greeneville roster. The left-handed pitcher threw just one inning in his professional debut, though that was a planned situation from the start. He hasn’t pitched since. I’ve been told that he’s simply being shut down after a long college season and that this isn’t a season ending injury kind of situation.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-08-2019)

That's good news. I assumed it was TJ surgery.

Reds signed infielder Bryant Flete the other day, he'll be in Chattanooga. He was one of the guys the Cubs threw into the Jose Quintana deal, obviously didn't quite pan out like Dylan Cease and Eloy Jimenez have.

19. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-05-2019)

On July 5th, the Reds signed pitcher Orlando Rodriguez. Here is an article on him. https://stubobcats.com/news/2019/7/5...nati-reds.aspx

21. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-09-2019)

Baseball-Rosters
    @RosterRoundup

.@Reds are nearing a minor league deal with former Rays C Nick Ciuffo (@nciuffo14).
    I thought he might be worth a flier when I saw the Rays cut him loose. We're certainly not strong organizationally at catcher, and Ciuffo, a 2013 first rounder, is still just 24 (a few months younger than Chris Okey). He's never really hit, but he's shown a few flashes at times and catchers are often late bloomers, and he's supposed to be pretty good defensively.

23. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-09-2019),Rolando (07-09-2019)

Turn Off Ads?