Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 44 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Interesting .... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...mpK4pldBOR3W5Y

I didn't know the Browns were interviewing Kitchens for the vacant HC job.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2018 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes (This time we mean it)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Interesting .... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...mpK4pldBOR3W5Y

I didn't know the Browns were interviewing Kitchens for the vacant HC job.
    They bloody well should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    They bloody well should.
    Oh yeah. But I want this guy running the offense. And while there are some head coaches who do take on the dual responsibility of head coach/coordinator (Shanahan, McVay), you're really spreading yourself thin and asking a lot of yourself. Would Kitchens hire an offensive coordinator? Or could it end up being like with the Saints - Payton is the head coach and Carmichael the offensive coordinator. But on game day the offense is Payton's baby, he calls the plays.

It's going to be interesting to see not only who Dorsey will pick, but how fast he will act, because of the slew of firings and teams hunting for head coaches (LOL).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-04-2019 at 03:25 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Pretty good assessment of the Brown's off-season needs .... https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019...gpCeXIWHE5D1AM

They definitely, IMO, need an interior lineman on defense to complement/augment players like Ogunjobi and Garrett. And this year's draft class, as far as DT's go, is pretty loaded with talent.... https://www.drafttek.com/2019-NFL-Dr...2019-Draft.asp

They also list WR as a need... A slot receiver who can get open quickly and reliably on slants, ins/out and smoke routes would be a big addition to diversify the offense. I agree, but always felt Duke Johnson's versatility could fill that role. Higgins and Perriman are both pending free agents, but Higgins is a restricted FA. I really like Perriman and hope they can keep him.

And the obvious .... Kicker (LOL).

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Josh McDaniels "enthusiastically interested" in Browns HC position...

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Oh yeah. But I want this guy running the offense. And while there are some head coaches who do take on the dual responsibility of head coach/coordinator (Shanahan, McVay), you're really spreading yourself thin and asking a lot of yourself. Would Kitchens hire an offensive coordinator? Or could it end up being like with the Saints - Payton is the head coach and Carmichael the offensive coordinator. But on game day the offense is Payton's baby, he calls the plays.

It's going to be interesting to see not only who Dorsey will pick, but how fast he will act, because of the slew of firings and teams hunting for head coaches (LOL).
    Well, he might bolt if he's not picked for the head gig in CLE. It appears that they have something special going on there but if any team can mess up a good thing it's the Browns. If they pick another guy he may want to bring in his own OC. Maybe Baker doesn't react well to the new coaches. NFL history is full of teams who appear that they have made the jump and then all of a sudden, they are back to Square One. Look no further than the Bengals.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Don't want no part of him (which means he'll probably get it) LOL

Well, he might bolt if he's not picked for the head gig in CLE. It appears that they have something special going on there but if any team can mess up a good thing it's the Browns. If they pick another guy he may want to bring in his own OC. Maybe Baker doesn't react well to the new coaches. NFL history is full of teams who appear that they have made the jump and then all of a sudden, they are back to Square One. Look no further than the Bengals.
    You're a real ....

LOL

All I'm gonna say is "In Dorsey We Trust". What have we got to lose? Everything you state (above) is possible. It all comes down to how bad Dorsey wants to keep Kitchens. I'm sure what you mention is a part of Dorsey's process.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-05-2019 at 02:38 AM.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-05-2019),puca (01-05-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I think the only team that likes him in the league is the Patriots. If he does land the Browns gig, cross me off the list for rooting for Cleveland.

12. Likes:

GAC (01-06-2019)

I don't want him with the Browns either, but I think it shows the desirability of the Browns job relative to others.

This is the Dorsey version of the Browns, so far it has not resembled the previous regimes.

I'm not sure I'd want Kitchens as the next head coach of the Browns because he seems a bit to friendly with Mayfield for that role. If Kitchen is content on staying as OC, I'm sure any head coaching hire will be made under that condition. If he's not, I'm sure Dorsey will keep Mayfield's personality and strengths in mind with any new OC hire that is made.

I have faith that no matter happens the Browns will be fine (I can't believe I typed that).

15. Likes:

GAC (01-06-2019)

If I was Cleveland, I would have granted Arians' wish to unite in Cleveland. Arians' floor is he's a good Head Coach. With talent and a commitment to winning, something he didn't have in Arizona, he could be a great Head Coach. Looks like he's the leading candidate to take over Tampa Bay, a revolving door for Head Coaches.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

puca, the Head Coach is still going to establish the Attitude of the Club, along with the G.M., so it is important who they hire. What more evidence is needed than what we witnessed in Cleveland this season. That wasn't a dead-cat bounce. That was a change in Attitude throughout the organization. More proof is Marvin Lewis' 16 years in Cincinnati. A lot of people try to give credit to Marvin when he first got here, but it was Carson Palmer, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, our Offensive Line and Chad Johnson. Marvin was just along for the ride. Then the addition of Mike Zimmer gave this club a work ethic on Defense that didn't exist with Lewis, though Zimmer had to deal with Marvin's crap like Maualuga, Peko and Michael Johnson, while watching all the 1st Round picks go to the Offense leaving him to make gold out of iron-ore. Zimmer left and everything became all Marvin as far as Attitude and we're left where we are at.

Just having Marvin gone will breath life into this franchise. But, a quality Head Coach is still needed for the Bengals to turn that breath of Life into a Positive atmosphere. I am hoping Mike Brown really listens to Duke more than anyone else while Hue Jackson and his toxic ways get far away from the organization.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 01-05-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    puca, the Head Coach is still going to establish the Attitude of the Club, along with the G.M., so it is important who they hire. What more evidence is needed than what we witnessed in Cleveland this season. That wasn't a dead-cat bounce. That was a change in Attitude throughout the organization. More proof is Marvin Lewis' 16 years in Portland. A lot of people try to give credit to Marvin when he first got here, but it was Carson Palmer, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, our Offensive Line and Chad Johnson. Marvin was just along for the ride. Then the addition of Mike Zimmer gave this club a work ethic on Defense that didn't exist with Lewis, though Zimmer had to deal with Marvin's crap like Maualuga, Peko and Michael Johnson, while watching all the 1st Round picks go to the Offense leaving him to make gold out of iron-ore. Zimmer left and everything became all Marvin as far as Attitude and we're left where we are at.

Just having Marvin gone will breath life into this franchise. But, a quality Head Coach is still needed for the Bengals to turn that breath of Life into a Positive atmosphere. I am hoping Mike Brown really listens to Duke more than anyone else while Hue Jackson and his toxic ways get far away from the organization.
    I'm willing to believe that Dorsey understands as well, and the hire will be 100% his call. He has shown great judgement so far, and clearly has a plan. I don't see him bringing in someone that doesn't fit.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-05-2019),Revering4Blue (01-05-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Could you imagine him and Baker together. Annoying Hue Jackson for years with all that cockiness!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?