Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    puca, the Head Coach is still going to establish the Attitude of the Club, along with the G.M., so it is important who they hire. What more evidence is needed than what we witnessed in Cleveland this season. That wasn't a dead-cat bounce. That was a change in Attitude throughout the organization. More proof is Marvin Lewis' 16 years in Cincinnati. A lot of people try to give credit to Marvin when he first got here, but it was Carson Palmer, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, our Offensive Line and Chad Johnson. Marvin was just along for the ride. Then the addition of Mike Zimmer gave this club a work ethic on Defense that didn't exist with Lewis, though Zimmer had to deal with Marvin's crap like Maualuga, Peko and Michael Johnson, while watching all the 1st Round picks go to the Offense leaving him to make gold out of iron-ore. Zimmer left and everything became all Marvin as far as Attitude and we're left where we are at.

Just having Marvin gone will breath life into this franchise. But, a quality Head Coach is still needed for the Bengals to turn that breath of Life into a Positive atmosphere. I am hoping Mike Brown really listens to Duke more than anyone else while Hue Jackson and his toxic ways get far away from the organization.
    I bet most would disagree with you about that.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I bet most would disagree with you about that.
    They have a right to be wrong.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

They have a right to be wrong.
    Everyone can be wrong. I can be wrong and so can you.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree.

Everyone can be wrong. I can be wrong and so can you.

Maybe we should just agree to disagree.
    You can if you want.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-06-2019)

You can if you want.
    LOL

We should drop this. This IS a Cleveland Browns thread, after all.

Kitchens probably won't get the HC job due to very limited experience. My fear is Dorsey hires a guy that looks like a good hire, but, a guy that says he's ok with keeping Kitchens until . . . he isn't.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (01-06-2019)

LOL

We should drop this. This IS a Cleveland Browns thread, after all.

Kitchens probably won't get the HC job due to very limited experience. My fear is Dorsey hires a guy that looks like a good hire, but, a guy that says he's ok with keeping Kitchens until . . . he isn't.
    Right now Dorsey has the ear and trust of the owner, any coach that tries to pull a power play is going to lose out, so I don't see that being a risk. If Dorsey wants Kitchens to stay on as OC next year and Kitchens is okay with that, then I have no doubt that is how it will play out. Dorsey lost a power play in Kansas City, I don't see him bringing in a coach that will challenge his authority.

10. Likes:

GAC (01-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Right now Dorsey has the ear and trust of the owner, any coach that tries to pull a power play is going to lose out, so I don't see that being a risk. If Dorsey wants Kitchens to stay on as OC next year and Kitchens is okay with that, then I have no doubt that is how it will play out. Dorsey lost a power play in Kansas City, I don't see him bringing in a coach that will challenge his authority.
    Good point.

This is just an unusual situation.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-06-2019)

Re: 2018 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes (This time we mean it)

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post

I have faith that no matter happens the Browns will be fine (I can't believe I typed that).
    It's like living in a bizarro world, and you're in the middle trying to determine which one is real! LOL

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

14. Likes:

puca (01-06-2019)

puca, the Head Coach is still going to establish the Attitude of the Club, along with the G.M., so it is important who they hire. What more evidence is needed than what we witnessed in Cleveland this season. That wasn't a dead-cat bounce. That was a change in Attitude throughout the organization. More proof is Marvin Lewis' 16 years in Cincinnati. A lot of people try to give credit to Marvin when he first got here, but it was Carson Palmer, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Rudi Johnson, our Offensive Line and Chad Johnson. Marvin was just along for the ride. Then the addition of Mike Zimmer gave this club a work ethic on Defense that didn't exist with Lewis, though Zimmer had to deal with Marvin's crap like Maualuga, Peko and Michael Johnson, while watching all the 1st Round picks go to the Offense leaving him to make gold out of iron-ore. Zimmer left and everything became all Marvin as far as Attitude and we're left where we are at.

Just having Marvin gone will breath life into this franchise. But, a quality Head Coach is still needed for the Bengals to turn that breath of Life into a Positive atmosphere. I am hoping Mike Brown really listens to Duke more than anyone else while Hue Jackson and his toxic ways get far away from the organization.
    I agree with everything you state (above) for the most part. Sure, one should give a majority of the credit to the talent on that field as you mention. It certainly helps (LOL). Talent certainly makes any head coaches job easier. And I certainly understand Bengal fan's frustration with 16 years of Lewis, and that he was here too long. But as a head coach I still give him credit, along with his assembled coaching staff, with turning this team around, and restoring competitiveness and respectability, to a team that was really, really bad. They won division crowns, made play-off appearances, but yeah, never got over the "hump" (and playing in a division with the Steelers). But that still deserves some level of recognition for what he did accomplish.

He was just there too long (and that's Mike Brown's fault).

As for the Browns? ....

I'm enjoying how this has now become, what seems to be, a very in-demand or desirable job. We're talking Cleveland right? LOL

I want that head coach to simply be another piece of that puzzle that FITS with the pieces currently there. Dorsey will continue to build what they started. I'm figuring Dorsey already has an offensive scheme that he wants to further implement/improve on. And it centers around the QB for the most part (though I wouldn't discount the running game behind Chubbs). IMO, what Kitchens got out of this offense (Mayfield) when he took over, and Dorsey's refusal to allow others to interview Kitchens, tells me Dorsey wants him a part of this team in some capacity in 2019. And that's a good thing IMO.

To be honest, I don't care what type of "arrangement", as far as the coaching/coordinator position(s) go, is decided on. As long as it works, who cares? We see all types of "hybrids" around the NFL where HC's run one side (usually his forte), while a coordinator runs the other. All types of differing/varying situations there. My only issue with Kitchens is one of experience when it comes to those game time decisions, that doesn't involve only one side of the ball, that make/break head coaches. But every successful head coach we're watching now had to have a starting point, had to be given that opportunity. And you don't know until you give them that opportunity.

But Dorsey is a methodical man. He knows what he wants. He's got that puzzle started on the kitchen table, things are going well, but he's still digging through those remaining pieces scattered about trying to find the one that fits (LOL).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-06-2019 at 05:18 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Re: 2018 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes (This time we mean it)

No details yet but it looks like Kitchens is the new head coach. Pretty rapid ascent. Hope it works.

Woops, should've posted it in this thread. Anyway, . . .

Who would've guessed a year ago that Kitchens would be the head coach for 2019. No one.

Thanks for the memories Gregg Williams...here is the door.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Job was offered to McCarthy with conditions that he keep Freddie Kitchens he declined so the Browns moved on to Kitchens...per Les Levine. Not sure how accurate that report is.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Job was offered to McCarthy with conditions that he keep Freddie Kitchens he declined so the Browns moved on to Kitchens...per Les Levine. Not sure how accurate that report is.
    The Browns obsession with Kitchens is strange. Why choose him over McCarthy?

It's also interesting that this NFL head coaching search has more turned into men interviewing employers rather than the other way around. That's the opposite of how it usually goes

As a Bengal fan, I'm pleased with this hire...although I have little confidence my front office will do any better

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The Browns obsession with Kitchens is strange. Why choose him over McCarthy?

It's also interesting that this NFL head coaching search has more turned into men interviewing employers rather than the other way around. That's the opposite of how it usually goes

As a Bengal fan, I'm pleased with this hire...although I have little confidence my front office will do any better
    Did you see Green Bay's offense last year under McCarthy with arguably the best QB in the game? Compare that to CLE's offense under Kitchens with a rookie QB. Kitchens also gets along with Mayfield which is extremely important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

22. Likes:

GAC (01-10-2019),Kingspoint (01-10-2019)

Turn Off Ads?