Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    So are you going to do this year like you did the last couple on this thread?.... every time the head coach or QB makes a bad decision, whatever, you're going to quote yourself so you can say I told you so! LOL
    Every time? How many bad decisions did he make in the first 3 games of this season? How many times have I come here to say I told you so?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Good win. Very impressive to give up 6 yards per carry and still blow the other team out.

I think everyone got out over their skis a little bit with the Ravens. Blowing out the Dolphins and beating the Cardinals is better than the alternative, but it's also not telling us much.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

4. Likes:

GAC (09-30-2019),Kingspoint (09-30-2019),Revering4Blue (09-29-2019)

Kitchens has been head coach for 4 games. I think he overthought things in the Rams game. Heck of a game plan today though. I’ll take 2-2 and first place. Too early to either gloat or have regret.

6. Likes:

GAC (09-30-2019),Revering4Blue (10-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Kitchens has been head coach for 4 games. I think he overthought things in the Rams game. Heck of a game plan today though. I’ll take 2-2 and first place. Too early to either gloat or have regret.
    The most impressive thing is bouncing back on the road against a traditionally tough division opponent, and doing it in impressive fashion. That's a double-impression, I guess.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Every time? How many bad decisions did he make in the first 3 games of this season?
    You tell me. Did you watch all three games? You pull up one of your quotes from last season ... and after only three games (1-2 record) ... in a silly attempt to say "I told you so" and somehow try to gloat (LOL). That's all this is about... "They hired the wrong guy, and you all need to acknowledge I'm right". The same old song and dance with you.

The guy did a solid job last year, when promoted to offensive coordinator, in running this offense/play calling, and working with a rookie Mayfield. The team finished 7-8-1 (5-3 under Kitchen's auspices), and after going 0-16 the season before. His efforts (results) deserved attention/recognition. I don't know if you've noticed it or not, but there has been a changing of the guard going on (so to speak) for some time in the NFL with organization's infusing new blood, promoting fresh, young coaches, giving them their shot as head coaches. You have to start somewhere.

You also want the right coach for your system/scheme. Need that right fit.

Kitchens is just one of many young coaches deserving the opportunity IMO. That's it. Unlike you, I've made no proclamations or staked out any firm positions on how good/bad a head coach he will be. Because we don't know. Small window.

But you do. You seem to know it before they step one foot into their new position, make one call, take one snap. Amazing ability.

Do you think Kitchen out-coached veteran Super Bowl winning head coach Harbaugh last night? Or was that a fluke? Solid win. Showed growth, improvement, encouraging. That's all IMO. You now move on to the next game.

The Browns, for once, have the talent in abundance. They just have to learn, grow, and put it all together as a cohesive unit. And that includes a new rookie head coach. Mistakes will be made in that process. We'll have a far better "picture" of Kitchens after one season. And he deserves that.

But you're obviously not going to give him that chance, because you've already stuck your neck out, staked out your firm position. And you'll spend the remainder of this season on this thread reminding us every time you think Kitchen's made a bad decision.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-30-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

jimbo (09-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You tell me. Did you watch all three games? You pull up one of your quotes from last season ... and after only three games (1-2 record) ... in a silly attempt to say "I told you so" and somehow try to gloat (LOL). That's all this is about... "They hired the wrong guy, and you all need to acknowledge I'm right". The same old song and dance with you.

The guy did a solid job last year, when promoted to offensive coordinator, in running this offense/play calling, and working with a rookie Mayfield. The team finished 7-8-1 (5-3 under Kitchen's auspices), and after going 0-16 the season before. His efforts (results) deserved attention/recognition. I don't know if you've noticed it or not, but there has been a changing of the guard going on (so to speak) for some time in the NFL with organization's infusing new blood, promoting fresh, young coaches, giving them their shot as head coaches. You have to start somewhere.

You also want the right coach for your system/scheme. Need that right fit.

Kitchens is just one of many young coaches deserving the opportunity IMO. That's it. Unlike you, I've made no proclamations or staked out any firm positions on how good/bad a head coach he will be. Because we don't know. Small window.

But you do. You seem to know it before they step one foot into their new position, make one call, take one snap. Amazing ability.

Do you think Kitchen out-coached veteran Super Bowl winning head coach Harbaugh last night? Or was that a fluke? Solid win. Showed growth, improvement, encouraging. That's all IMO. You now move on to the next game.

The Browns, for once, have the talent in abundance. They just have to learn, grow, and put it all together as a cohesive unit. And that includes a new rookie head coach. Mistakes will be made in that process. We'll have a far better "picture" of Kitchens after one season. And he deserves that.

But you're obviously not going to give him that chance, because you've already stuck your neck out, staked out your firm position. And you'll spend the remainder of this season on this thread reminding us every time you think Kitchen's made a bad decision.
    OK, I'll tell you: This is the first post I've made about Kitchens since the season began and he's made far more one mistake this season. In addition, I've not mentioned any mistake he's made this year. Not a one. That's not what I'm about.

My stance is more big picture and it hasn't changed. It was a reasonable opinion at the time and it sure looks reasonable now: Kitchens was a very risky hire. Since it was reasonable, it should not have been attacked like it was.

Congrats on the big win yesterday

OK, I'll tell you: This is the first post I've made about Kitchens since the season began and he's made far more one mistake this season. In addition, I've not mentioned any mistake he's made this year. Not a one. That's not what I'm about.

My stance is more big picture and it hasn't changed. It was a reasonable opinion at the time and it sure looks reasonable now: Kitchens was a very risky hire. Since it was reasonable, it should not have been attacked like it was.

Congrats on the big win yesterday
    This (Post 200) was not your first post about Kitchens since the season began.

Post 181 you quoted your own post about Kitchens. That counts too. In that same post you said
    it'll be fun to see how long Browns fans continue to defend this hire with all their heart and soul
    And you seem to wonder why a humble and respectful poster like GAC takes issue with your style.

I also don't see where you were all that "attacked" for your thoughts as opposed to some debate. To quote you from this thread yet again
    You're getting your panties in a wad for no reason.
    and
    I described your post as whining. Fair game. Sorry you can't handle that
    I wrote this to support GAC who as I've said before is one of the most considerate posters on here and doesn't deserve to be dragged into the muck.

12. Likes:

GAC (10-01-2019)

Post 181 you quoted your own post about Kitchens. That counts too. In that same post you said And you seem to wonder why a humble and respectful poster like GAC takes issue with your style.

I also don't see where you were all that "attacked" for your thoughts as opposed to some debate. To quote you from this thread yet again and

I wrote this to support GAC who as I've said before is one of the most considerate posters on here and doesn't deserve to be dragged into the muck.
    OK, by "this" I meant the post in question. If you thought I meant the post 2 hrs ago, that's on you. I didn't drag anyone into anything. He responded to my post and I responded to his. That's what we do here.

As for you, you're getting quite the reputation yourself. Anytime I see your name as a reply to my post I know what's coming: a whiny post that has nothing to do with sports but is directed against me personally. That's what you're all about. Do you have anything to say here about Kitchens or the Browns?

OK, by "this" I meant the post in question. If you thought I meant the post 2 hrs ago, that's on you. I didn't drag anyone into anything. He responded to my post and I responded to his. That's what we do here.

As for you, you're getting quite the reputation yourself. Anytime I see your name as a reply to my post I know what's coming: a whiny post that has nothing to do with sports but is directed against me personally. That's what you're all about. Do you have anything to say here about Kitchens or the Browns?
    Your post should have read “that was” (in reference to a post a page or so back) , not “this is”. I get it, we all make mistakes but no need to double down and question my comprehension with a “that’s on you.”

And as said, no whining. Just pointing out facts as I stand with GAC on the matter in question.

And spare me the classic Sea Ray “Do you have anything to say about the Browns?” - this is just a simple message board aside.

Your post should have read “that was” (in reference to a post a page or so back) , not “this is”. I get it, we all make mistakes but no need to double down and question my comprehension with a “that’s on you.”

And as said, no whining. Just pointing out facts as I stand with GAC on the matter in question.

And spare me the classic Sea Ray “Do you have anything to say about the Browns?” - this is just a simple message board aside.
    Things got so bad we needed a reprimand by the MOD. Keep it up and we'll get one again. I'm here to talk Browns football, not go round and round with you and your "classic Sea Ray" barbs. I'm not going there.

So have I mentioned any mistake Kitchens has made this year? Give me one

...back to the Browns, please.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    ...back to the Browns, please.
    Definitely. I never wanted discussion to leave the Browns

Freddy Kitchens is a Golden God who reigns supreme. He’s king of the minions!

Post 181 you quoted your own post about Kitchens. That counts too. In that same post you said And you seem to wonder why a humble and respectful poster like GAC takes issue with your style.

I also don't see where you were all that "attacked" for your thoughts as opposed to some debate. To quote you from this thread yet again and

I thank you for the support and complement. I can say the same for you in the many years you've been on here kal. IMO, it's all about showing fairness and bringing some sense of objectivity to a discussion. His "problem" is that he forms firm, rigid, positions (projections really) on newly hired (promoted) head coaches or players (draft picks) who haven't stepped one foot into their new jobs yet. They haven't been given the opportunity to prove anything at this point. How does one know? You don't. Yet somehow he does. They're going to fail. Mark it down. Count on it. To have that gift, one should be working in a front office somewhere!

This is the whole issue in a nutshell. It's not about Kitchens. Put Zac Taylor's name in there if one wants, or any other newly installed head coach. Kitchens could end up falling flat on his face, be the biggest bust, the biggest disappointment. That possibility exists. But the window is just too ridiculously small right now to stake out any position either way. I'm certainly not. It's about allotting these new coaches or players a reasonable amount of time (window) before judgments are made either way.

SeaRay's problem is his rigid projections also put him in a box where there's really only one escape route - he's right. And the perception I get from his posts on here is that he wants Kitchens to fail simply so he can come back and say he's right (LOL).
    Last edited by GAC; 10-01-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

My stance is more big picture and it hasn't changed.
    Big pictures can't be formed through such small windows of observation, such as the first 3 games of the new season (LOL).

This is all about Dorsey, what his plans/schemes are, what he wants in his head coach, and what he saw in Kitchens. Period.

And I'm not attacking you. Just strongly disagreeing with you on this point. Don't come into a Brown's discussion bringing up the same point, reminding us fans, our leadership has hired the wrong guy. We get it. We know what you position is (LOL).

Turn Off Ads?