Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, by "this" I meant the post in question. If you thought I meant the post 2 hrs ago, that's on you.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Big pictures can't be formed through such small windows of observation, such as the first 3 games of the new season (LOL).

This is all about Dorsey, what his plans/schemes are, what he wants in his head coach, and what he saw in Kitchens. Period.

And I'm not attacking you. Just strongly disagreeing with you on this point. Don't come into a Brown's discussion bringing up the same point, reminding us fans, our leadership has hired the wrong guy. We get it. We know what you position is (LOL).
    Big pictures can be formed anytime. That's why they're big pictures. I agree with you that there's no final pictures yet. But by that time, we'll all be talking about something else. As fans we try to play front office and evaluate hires of players and coaches. Nothing wrong with that. If we just sit back and always say "it's too early to judge...give the guy a chance" then we'd have nothing to talk about. A good GM projects players and coaches. He doesn't say "let's just give this guy a chance."

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Big pictures can't be formed through such small windows of observation, such as the first 3 games of the new season (LOL).

This is all about Dorsey, what his plans/schemes are, what he wants in his head coach, and what he saw in Kitchens. Period.

And I'm not attacking you. Just strongly disagreeing with you on this point. Don't come into a Brown's discussion bringing up the same point, reminding us fans, our leadership has hired the wrong guy. We get it. We know what you position is (LOL).
    We have a lot more information than we had in January. We've seen him run the team and coach it for a quarter of the season. It's worthy discussion. I get that you're still standing by your guy. I saw you do that with Hue for about two yrs. I bailed on him long before that

We have a lot more information than we had in January. We've seen him run the team and coach it for a quarter of the season. It's worthy discussion. I get that you're still standing by your guy. I saw you do that with Hue for about two yrs. I bailed on him long before that
    I have a question Sea Ray. You say that Kitchen's was a high risk pick for head coach. I maintain that any pick is high risk. Name a candidate, heck name anyone you can think of, and I'll tell you why that would also have been a high risk choice.

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    I have a question Sea Ray. You say that Kitchen's was a high risk pick for head coach. I maintain that any pick is high risk. Name a candidate, heck name anyone you can think of, and I'll tell you why that would also have been a high risk choice.
    No question there's risk in any pick. My posts surrounded around the risk of hiring from within. Traditionally those hires don't work out and I documented that

Big pictures can be formed anytime. That's why they're big pictures. I agree with you that there's no final pictures yet. But by that time, we'll all be talking about something else. As fans we try to play front office and evaluate hires of players and coaches. Nothing wrong with that. If we just sit back and always say "it's too early to judge...give the guy a chance" then we'd have nothing to talk about. A good GM projects players and coaches. He doesn't say "let's just give this guy a chance."
    I know I'm not employed as a NFL GM, not sure about you, but I highly doubt it. For whatever reason Dorsey believed Kitchens was the right guy for this job and he is a NFL GM and a highly respected one at that. As a Browns fan I don't think it is unreasonable to be willing to give Kitchens a chance to grow into the job and see if Dorsey is right. Not sure why you don't get that.

I know I'm not employed as a NFL GM, not sure about you, but I highly doubt it. For whatever reason Dorsey believed Kitchens was the right guy for this job and he is a NFL GM and a highly respected one at that. As a Browns fan I don't think it is unreasonable to be willing to give Kitchens a chance to grow into the job and see if Dorsey is right. Not sure why you don't get that.
    I'm not sure why you think I'm saying it's unreasonable for a Browns fan to give Kitchens a chance. Of course you should do that.

No question there's risk in any pick. My posts surrounded around the risk of hiring from within. Traditionally those hires don't work out and I documented that
    As been pointed out, Kitchens is hardly an organizational guy. He hadn't been with the Browns very long. He certainly wasn't a protege of Hue, so I'm not sure why you paint him with such a broad brush.

As been pointed out, Kitchens is hardly an organizational guy. He hadn't been with the Browns very long. He certainly wasn't a protege of Hue, so I'm not sure why you paint him with such a broad brush.
    The only broad brush I painted him with was as a hire from within...and that shoe fits

I'm not sure why you think I'm saying it's unreasonable for a Browns fan to give Kitchens a chance. Of course you should do that.
    You came on here basically chastising the Browns fans for still supporting the Kitchens hire after 3 games. Not sure what else you were attempting to do with that post.

You came on here basically chastising the Browns fans for still supporting the Kitchens hire after 3 games. Not sure what else you were attempting to do with that post.
    I disagree with your assessment. I've been consistent in my comments on Kitchens.

The only broad brush I painted him with was as a hire from within...and that shoe fits
    Only on a technicality. Kitchens was with the Browns less than a year before he was promoted to head coach and was brought in by the current GM.

Only on a technicality. Kitchens was with the Browns less than a year before he was promoted to head coach and was brought in by the current GM.
    Hopefully he'll be the exception to that trend. Time will tell

Hopefully he'll be the exception to that trend. Time will tell
    Name another 'hire from within' that fits the same profile (less than a year in the organization and brought in by the newly hired GM) and maybe you'll have an angle.

I disagree with your assessment. I've been consistent in my comments on Kitchens.
    You've posted several times that you think Kitchens will be a big fail. If your stance hasn't changed, then we already know your opinion. What is the point in popping back in just to remind us?

Turn Off Ads?