Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Love your optimism (LOL). It's possible. It's funny. The Brown's best win this season, where they were really clicking, was the win over the Ravens. Can they repeat that? Losing Garrett will really hurt in this game vs Jackson. That game vs Pitt in two weeks will be watched by everyone (with both teams signing players from their practice squads LOL).

The Brown's abysmal, slow start, a new HC/QB trying to put things together, will probably sink them. I just want to see growth and direction by season's end. Going to be interesting to see what some of the decisions are by Dorsey after the season. Your O-line play has been erratic, your talented secondary (safeties) seem to have the injury bug, missing games, and your run defense sucks! He's got his work to do.
    Yeah there’s obviously a ton to work on, but this is a moment in the season where they can either fold or use it to rally. Given the coaching and leadership I would guess fold, but we shall see. They still have it all to play for given how mediocre most of the AFC has been this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It was flexed to 1pm? When was it originally scheduled to start?
    It was flexed from 1pm to 430pm. He has a typo.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post

OK, that makes more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    OK, that makes more sense
    No, its definitely a 1 pm start now. It was scheduled for 4:25 but the NFL wanted Chiefs/Raiders in that spot instead.

5. Likes:

North (11-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Yeah there’s obviously a ton to work on, but this is a moment in the season where they can either fold or use it to rally. Given the coaching and leadership I would guess fold, but we shall see. They still have it all to play for given how mediocre most of the AFC has been this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope.
    Last edited by North; 11-19-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    No, its definitely a 1 pm start now. It was scheduled for 4:25 but the NFL wanted Chiefs/Raiders in that spot instead.
    My bad. I saw the flex news and assumed they were putting it into the better spot given all the coverage from this past game.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Get yer ringside seats, boys!

Browns vs. Steelers rematch flexed to 1 p.m. on Dec. 1
    Updated Nov 18, 2019;Posted Nov 18, 2019 Dan Labbe cleveland.com

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/201...d-to-1-pm.html

We shall see if the refs clamp down on 'em.
    I really don't think you'll see too much happen in this game. Both of these organizations not only lost some valuable players, but both got fined $250,000. It may be a bitter rivalry, but after what just occurred, which was pretty monumental, and the "after shocks", I think these players will try to be on their best behavior (for what that is worth).

I think where the refs may be "tested" is on PI calls because both team's receivers and defenders get physical, test the limits in battling it out. Could actually be game-changers.

But the Pitt offense was in trouble going into the game last week, and injuries have really exacerbated their effort. Conner hurt his shoulder in the Miami game, tried to play last Thursday (to no avail), and I think he's done for the season. WR Smith-Schuster suffered a knee injury. The Steelers signed a RB (Whyte), and WR (Cain) from the Bears' and Colts' practice squads. With Rudolph at QB, IMO, it's going to be hard to generate offense vs even a Garrett-less Browns. DT Ogunjobi serves his one game suspension this week vs Miami, so he'll be back. And then there's Scobert!

I think Pitt will test our secondary because S Burnett (torn achilles) is done for the season, and we're thin in that area.

It's in Pittsburgh, which makes it tough, but the Browns should come out on top as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot with bad decisions and stupid penalties.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It's in Pittsburgh, which makes it tough, but the Browns should come out on top as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot with bad decisions and stupid penalties.
    So you're saying the Steelers are locks?

10. Likes:

goreds2 (11-21-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Shots fired...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Yes. The browns have not beaten the Steelers in Pittsburgh since 2003. 15 straight years. The Steelers beating the Browns is as sure a thing as death and taxes. This is not a rivalry, it’s a slaughter, occasionally paused by a Pyrrhic victory such as the one a week ago.
    They should move the Browns to a different division to make things less easy for the Steelers.
    Last edited by Betterread; 11-20-2019 at 07:01 PM.

To think that GAC gets on my case for the posts I make here...

Just because you went 15-3 this past week on our College Pick'em thread doesn't mean you can come on here and troll! LMAO

IMO, the only advantage Pittsburgh has is that it's in Pittsburgh. The crowd will be a factor (I hope the refs aren't). This is not the same Steeler team that people are use to seeing. They're hurting bad in the skill positions offensively. Their "replacements" have struggled with injury. And then there's Rudolph.

Certainly not guaranteeing a win, but only that "on paper", and looking at the talent, the Browns should win this game. The only way they lose it is if they lose it and beat themselves. I think Rudolph will have to throw the ball in order to move this offense.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Please don't take this as justification for what Garrett did. Because it's not. But I'm tired of hearing all these sports analysts and pundits nationally labeling Garrett a psycho, mentally deranged, over this incident, and should be banned from football even. Yeah, he snapped. No doubt. But if you really want to know the guy, what type of person he really is, then look at his involvement within the community he lives. This article is just one example..... https://www.news5cleveland.com/why-b...bOGYEepNWjTJCs

The guy is not a monster.

Please don't take this as justification for what Garrett did. Because it's not. But I'm tired of hearing all these sports analysts and pundits nationally labeling Garrett a psycho, mentally deranged, over this incident, and should be banned from football even. Yeah, he snapped. No doubt. But if you really want to know the guy, what type of person he really is, then look at his involvement within the community he lives. This article is just one example..... https://www.news5cleveland.com/why-b...bOGYEepNWjTJCs

At every trial for a teen who's done something so egregious that he's being tried as an adult, there's always someone there, often the kid's Mom, saying "he's really a good boy..."

Here's the thing, if you do something so egregious as what Garrett did, you open yourself up to folks saying that you're this or that. It comes with the territory of doing something like that...so out of line we've hardly ever seen it. Extreme behavior brings about extreme accusations.

Week 1: He threw a punch at an opposing player on the field

Week 2: Late hit on Jets quarter back. QB out for the season.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Seems like Garrett has now also lied about Rudolph using a racist slur against him and this being retaliation. NFL looked into it and found no evidence of this. He seems to have only brought this up at his appeal hearing. This is not a good look.

19. Likes:

Sea Ray (11-21-2019)

Turn Off Ads?