Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    And we got George Seifert. 2 SB titles. Followed Walsh from Stanford.
    You’ve got to go back 29 years to dig that up?

Oh, and GAC wanted to give Kizer a chance - what a fool!

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-11-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    And my reply was about your post...not you personally. I described your post as whining. Fair game. Sorry you can't handle that
    And there you go again. I'll leave it now. For the sake of the rest of the board, I'll simply put you on ignore.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Can you get me an example from the 21st century?
    What does that matter? That ain't the way you posed the question to begin with. So now we are talking from within and a time frame?

Do you notice how Sea Ray uses the 1976 hire of Bill Johnson to help his cause...but eliminates Parcells and Seifert from the discussion.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-11-2019),GAC (01-12-2019),redsfandan (01-11-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Do you notice how Sea Ray uses the 1976 hire of Bill Johnson to help his cause...but eliminates Parcells and Seifert from the discussion.
    I was really not using that to help my cause but to show how badly "my team" has done in this arena. It was intimated earlier how I didn't treat my team as harshly as the Browns.

Can't win with some of you around here.

In recent history hires from w/i have not worked out

When was the last time Skip was ever right about anything?

11. Likes:

GAC (01-12-2019)

I was really not using that to help my cause but to show how badly "my team" has done in this arena. It was intimated earlier how I didn't treat my team as harshly as the Browns.

Can't win with some of you around here.

In recent history hires from w/i have not worked out
    I asked who these last 20 from within guys are you spoke of and you haven’t helped me out on that. I can’t find them so I simply ask who they are.

Do interim coaches fall into the “18 of the last 20 hires from within are failures” pool? For example Gregg Williams or the guy who finished out the year in Green Bay?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Do interim coaches fall into the “18 of the last 20 hires from within are failures” pool? For example Gregg Williams or the guy who finished out the year in Green Bay?
    Arians with the Colts?

Guys.... listen....

If you can't take the heat....

Get out of the Kitchens.

16. Likes:

Chip R (01-11-2019),GAC (01-12-2019)

So what? You of all people should know the value of experience.
    I know the value of it. I also know that not all experience(s) are created equally. And you should know that.

I present to you exhibit A: Bill Belichick. Don't tell me he wasn't a better coach after leaving Cleveland than he was as Browns coach.
    Was Belichick interviewed for the Brown's job? Yeah, I might be a little upset if they hired Freddie over Bill (LOL).

Just like I stated prior - there are coaches who have NFL experience, but as far as achievement goes there's not much there to brag on, other then they've hung around the NFL. Then you have a coach(s) like a Belichick who is an example of a head coach whose experience carries far more weight, has far more worth, because he took that knowledge he learned and attained success and greatness with it. But you know as well as I do that's not always the case.

Experience is important.
    Again. Never said it wasn't. It's an issue of what's it's level of importance in comparison to those other considerations? And for some reason you seem to be avoiding giving any type of recognition to Kitchen's 13 years of NFL coaching experience, and what he has accomplished. Just like Belicheck gained knowledge as he worked his way up the ladder, and earned recognition ....why is that different with Kitchens, and the knowledge he gained, and those coaches that he learned under? And don't come back accusing me of comparing Kitchens to Belichick either (LOL). All coaches gain knowledge as they progress. It's when you take it and accomplish something with it. Kitchen hasn't?

No one is making any bold predictions about Kitchens. No one is denying the risk involved. I'm comfortable he posses enough experience he's not going to drown as our head coach, an should be given the shot.

I'll bet that Adam Gase will be a better coach in NY than he was in Miami. Experience is important.
    Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. You don't know. Were you impressed with his Miami team this year? Why was he fired from Miami? What did Gase learn in Miami, before he was fired, that will make him a better coach in NY? The Dolphins were among the NFL's worst offensive teams in the league during his tenure. So lets see how he does with his second shot.

"Give the guy a shot". Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah...it was Deshone Kizer, Johnny Manziel, Hue Jackson...
    Yeah, none of those three should have been given a chance when they were initially brought here. Well, not everybody can be perfect and right like you all the time (LOL).

And that really is all this about IMO. You're playing your "game", formulating your preseason take on the Browns, taking note of mine and others, so you can come back during the '19 season and say "I told you so!". No problem. But if it's the other way around I'm rubbing your face in it buddy! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    The head coach has to sometimes play the role of the bad cop and put his foot down. Mayfield is a big personality and I could certainly see him undermining Kitchens if things don't go his way. I'm not doubting the hire, but I can see how things could go wrong.
    Yep. I can absolutely see that possibility. Mayfield is definitely an extrovert, and Kitchens not that out-going (LOL). We'll just have to wait and see what evolves. But I don't think that means that Kitchens will let Mayfield walk all over and dominate him.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    I know that in his previous two stops Dorsey has been involved in creating powerhouse football teams, so I suspect he knows the parameters in play as well as anyone. If after vetting Kitchens (and he has had a lot of time to observe and get to know him), he believes he is the right man to lead this team, then who am I to argue. His track record speaks for itself.
    SeaRay seems to feel he needs to inject himself as the the objective one, that voice of reason from the "outside", because Brown fans in this discussion are so busy blindly following and slobbering over GM Dorsey we really aren't thinking too clearly right now in our heightened state of ecstasy (LOL).

I'm not going to apologize for being ecstatic. If his Bengals had the same dire history, and saw a new GM (solid resume) come in and make such startling and positive changes so fast, turn an 0-16 team into a 7-8-1 team in one season ... he'd be ecstatic and just as trusting in that GM (until he proves otherwise).

And until this GM starts making those bad/questionable decisions, starts showing evidence he doesn't know what he's doing, then let the train keep a rollin'!

It's obviously not enough to acknowledge the risk Dorsey took in this hiring (which we all did). NEWSFLASH! ... It doesn't take a rocket scientist to come out and say the Kitchens hiring was risky. Who can argue with that? You can't. You're not sticking your neck out to any great length, going to some place where there's no return (LOL). You never said Kitchens shouldn't have been hired either. It's actually a pretty "place it safe" position. If Kitchens struggles/fails, they can come back and say "I told you so. You all need to listen to me". And if Kitchens succeeds, and it's pointed out to them they can simply say "I never said he'd fail. All I said was that it was really risky". Bases covered.

I've not made any grand proclamations about Kitchens other then give him the chance, and he has my support. What else can I really do?

Now it would take balls to say that Kitchens selection was the absolute right choice, no doubt whatsoever, and he's going to coach the Browns to new heights in 2019. LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 01-12-2019 at 06:59 AM.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-12-2019)

I value his opinion about as much as I do Colin Cowherd's and Stephen A Smith's (LOL). This is how they make their living.

23. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-12-2019),Chip R (01-14-2019)

Turn Off Ads?