Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I value his opinion about as much as I do Colin Cowherd's and Stephen A Smith's (LOL). This is how they make their living.
    As a Colts fan, two things stick with me about Skip. He is the idiot that thought the Colts should take Leaf over Manning. And the very same idiot that thought the Colts should take RG3 over Luck. So Skip's opinion carries absolutely no weight with me, nor will it ever.

As far as the Browns, they have been a poorly ran organization. All I know about Dorsey is that he knows talent. In my eyes he is like Bill Polian. And that is a good thing. If Freddie is his man, then so be it.

2. Likes:

dubc47834 (01-12-2019),GAC (01-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It will be interesting to see the trajectories of both Taylor and Kitchens over the next 3 seasons...They have really similar back grounds when you look at it and are both really bold hires by two franchises who have been bogged down by poor coaching the last few seasons.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I know the value of it. I also know that not all experience(s) are created equally. And you should know that.

Was Belichick interviewed for the Brown's job? Yeah, I might be a little upset if they hired Freddie over Bill (LOL).

Just like I stated prior - there are coaches who have NFL experience, but as far as achievement goes there's not much there to brag on, other then they've hung around the NFL. Then you have a coach(s) like a Belichick who is an example of a head coach whose experience carries far more weight, has far more worth, because he took that knowledge he learned and attained success and greatness with it. But you know as well as I do that's not always the case.

Again. Never said it wasn't. It's an issue of what's it's level of importance in comparison to those other considerations? And for some reason you seem to be avoiding giving any type of recognition to Kitchen's 13 years of NFL coaching experience, and what he has accomplished. Just like Belicheck gained knowledge as he worked his way up the ladder, and earned recognition ....why is that different with Kitchens, and the knowledge he gained, and those coaches that he learned under? And don't come back accusing me of comparing Kitchens to Belichick either (LOL). All coaches gain knowledge as they progress. It's when you take it and accomplish something with it. Kitchen hasn't?

No one is making any bold predictions about Kitchens. No one is denying the risk involved. I'm comfortable he posses enough experience he's not going to drown as our head coach, an should be given the shot.

Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. You don't know. Were you impressed with his Miami team this year? Why was he fired from Miami? What did Gase learn in Miami, before he was fired, that will make him a better coach in NY? The Dolphins were among the NFL's worst offensive teams in the league during his tenure. So lets see how he does with his second shot.

Yeah, none of those three should have been given a chance when they were initially brought here. Well, not everybody can be perfect and right like you all the time (LOL).

And that really is all this about IMO. You're playing your "game", formulating your preseason take on the Browns, taking note of mine and others, so you can come back during the '19 season and say "I told you so!". No problem. But if it's the other way around I'm rubbing your face in it buddy! LOL
    Actually I was pretty impressed with Adam Gase. Of all the fired coaches, he was the only one I'd be interested in re-hiring right away as a head coach. I liked his fire and his teams played hard. He had injuries and a bad situation there in Miami. I also think he learned a little something as a rookie coach.

Rub my nose in it? Fine by me and if you do I'll own up to it without the sarcasm. I'll say yeah I was wrong and it's the unpredictability of sports that keeps me interested. What's so tough about saying that? It sure won't be like you reacted above and I'll leave it at that.

As for Kitchens, it sounds like you and I agree. He's a very risky hire. I don't know why you're giving me so much static since we agree. My Bengals are also poised to make a risky hire. If you or anyone else tell me that, I'll say yeah, I agree! I'll follow it up with "at least it's not a 17th yr of Marvin or Hue Jackson and I'll take my chances."

Ok guys.... time to talk about the Browns and not each other. Back on topic.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Did I miss something. I asked for some stats to be backed up or explained.... I have no idea what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Did I miss something. I asked for some stats to be backed up or explained.... I have no idea what happened.
    Yeah, the Colts got beat.

I thought this was a good article concerning what coaches and players, who have worked with Kitchens, have to say about him and this hiring .... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...nney-kurt-warn
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-13-2019)

I thought this was a good article concerning what coaches and players, who have worked with Kitchens, have to say about him and this hiring .... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...nney-kurt-warn
    I think that pretty much sums up everything.

Hopefully GAC, I get to see more of the Browns next year on TV.

I get that Kitchens is “technically” an in-house hire, but the dude has been with the Browns for only 1 year. It’s not like this dude was an assistant for all of Hue’s tenure or a browns coach for a decade. It’s basically a hire from outside the org. Flame away, but it’s the truth.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

13. Likes:

jimbo (01-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I think that pretty much sums up everything.

Hopefully GAC, I get to see more of the Browns next year on TV.
    You ain't the only one, and I live in central Ohia! I no longer have cable/satellite. It wasn't only the rising cost, but I got into a beef with both - a losing battle on my part - because I live closer to Columbus then I do Dayton, yet my locals were out of Dayton. And they said it was because of federal regulations. So every Sunday at 1 PM on CBS my choice was Bengals or Bengals (LOL). Now this past season 10Tv (CBS) out of Columbus would "peel off" their coverage and carry a Brown's game. But I can't get Columbus stations at all. I have a really good internal antenna - plus Bellefontaine is the highest point in Ohia! - and I get every Dayton station in fantastic. Can't get anything from Columbus and I'm somewhat perplexed. I'm assuming it has something to do with the analog-to-digital conversion several years ago, and the location of their antennas. Because I use to be able to get a lot of those Columbus stations.

I live rural, so I'm going to investigate getting an outside antenna with greater range and see if that will fix it.

I looked up CBS' broadcast map for the state of Ohio earlier this year. It was like 95% Bengals, and only around Cleveland was it Browns (LOL). And that's understandable as bad as the Browns have been. I'm just wondering, if the Browns continue to surge, if that coverage map might be "adjusted".
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I get that Kitchens is “technically” an in-house hire, but the dude has been with the Browns for only 1 year. It’s not like this dude was an assistant for all of Hue’s tenure or a browns coach for a decade. It’s basically a hire from outside the org. Flame away, but it’s the truth.
    You bring up a very valid point my friend. Does "in-house" simply mean my current employer? I always thought of it as someone who has been in that organization for at least a few years (or longer), doing a solid job, and were always looked at as a candidate replacement. So I see where you coming from with Kitchens, and only being there one year.

I sometimes look at the entire NFL as "in-house" (LOL). Take a look at the resumes/history of a vast majority of the various types of coaches in the NFL. They've been around, going where they need to, to not only stay employed but in hopes of getting recognition and advancement. Coaches of all shapes and sizes are constantly being hired, fired, or "stolen" by the competition. JMO, but I think the organizational/management structure, how the system is run, is probably basically the same within each NFL team. Variations obviously, but no great disparity. In other words, coaches, no matter what their job may be, aren't going into a situation flying blind and oblivious, but possess enough knowledge to adapt.

I liked what Kitchens said the other day when interviewed - "I expect these players to make me look great!" LOL
    Last edited by GAC; 01-14-2019 at 05:12 AM.

You bring up a very valid point my friend. Does "in-house" simply mean my current employer? I always thought of it as someone who has been in that organization for at least a few years (or longer), doing a solid job, and were always looked at as a candidate replacement. So I see where you coming from with Kitchens, and only being there one year.

I sometimes look at the entire NFL as "in-house" (LOL). Take a look at the resumes/history of a vast majority of the various types of coaches in the NFL. They've been around, going where they need to, to not only stay employed but in hopes of getting recognition and advancement. Coaches of all shapes and sizes are constantly being hired, fired, or "stolen" by the competition. JMO, but I think the organizational/management structure, how the system is run, is probably basically the same within each NFL team. Variations obviously, but no great disparity. In other words, coaches, no matter what their job may be, aren't going into a situation flying blind and oblivious, but possess enough knowledge to adapt.

I liked what Kitchens said the other day when interviewed - "I expect these players to make me look great!" LOL
    Dorsey had no shortage of excellent candidates for the job, including taking the 'safe' route and retaining Williams with Kitchens as OC, and yet he choose Kitchens outright. That tells me something right there. Again Dorsey has been involved in building some excellent football teams and has had some of the most successful coaches working under him. While this may be his first head coach hire, I suspect he went in knowing exactly what he was looking for and found it in Kitchens. I don't know if it will work out, but I feel better about it knowing who made the decision.

17. Likes:

GAC (01-16-2019),Revering4Blue (01-17-2019)

In case you wanted an inside look at the dysfunction of the Browns, here it is:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...istory-collide
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

19. Likes:

Chip R (01-24-2019),GAC (01-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Please don’t strike me down for being “political” but I read that and all I could think about were it’s parallels to the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post

Wowza. The Browns should be a sure thing to be really good the next five years. The only thing that can screw it up is the ownership.

Turn Off Ads?