Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Paul Allen fired hundreds of people who said negative things about the Blazers and when he couldn't fire them, he used his influence to have those who could fire them give them the boot.

Some people with power just can't handle criticism, usually ones who seriously lack social and people skills.
    Being unable to handle criticism is not a trait that is unique to people in power. They just have more ability to lash back.

And it wasn't as much criticism as an expose; one whose sole purpose was apparently to show the Browns and Haslam in very negative light. While I don't like Haslam at all, I don't blame him at all for pulling his advertising and sponsorships after that. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    Last edited by puca; 02-15-2019 at 08:58 AM.

2. Likes:

GAC (02-15-2019),kaldaniels (02-15-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by puca View Post
    Being unable to handle criticism is not a trait that is unique to people in power. They just have more ability to lash back.

And it wasn't as much criticism as an expose; one whose sole purpose was apparently to show the Browns and Haslam in very negative light. While I don't like Haslam at all, I don't blame him at all for pulling his advertising and sponsorships after that. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.
    Agree.

99% of today's journalists are poor excuses for journalists.

I'd pull my ad money, too, but I would never do the childish things Paul Allen did.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Exactly. Was he suppose to do his Kevin Bacon impersonation, bend over, and say "Thank you sir! Can have another!" LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I have no issues with this whatsoever. The way it should be .... https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019...ys-for-browns/
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I agree. Both organizations are (were) in bed with each other financially. Of course one side will be upset if the other publishes a "hit piece" on them. I mean as said, there really wasn't anything new in the piece, but it was put up to draw clicks by way of embarrassing the Browns. I'm sure that "branch" of ESPN didn't take the relationship into play, and it can be argued they shouldn't...but the article and the reason it was published sure would ruffle my feathers if I were Haslam. Nothing wrong with him saying "I'm out" after it was released.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I agree. Both organizations are (were) in bed with each other financially. Of course one side will be upset if the other publishes a "hit piece" on them. I mean as said, there really wasn't anything new in the piece, but it was put up to draw clicks by way of embarrassing the Browns. I'm sure that "branch" of ESPN didn't take the relationship into play, and it can be argued they shouldn't...but the article and the reason it was published sure would ruffle my feathers if I were Haslam. Nothing wrong with him saying "I'm out" after it was released.
    And that's all it was ... a hit piece. Other then reporting scores, gathering stats, they're the equivalent of the National Enquirer IMO. And for some reason they love to report the dirt. They live for it, and they dig for it. And of course we live in a society today, and with the technology at our fingertips, so that we now have to know every little detail of every little thing of what's going on in people's lives, every little juicy detail, or else we're missing something!

[sorry ... old man rant] LOL

I've said it prior ... I'm not the biggest fan of Haslam. But I haven't been the biggest fan of the Brown's previous owners. If it turns this organization around from being a total embarrassment to one of respectability and a SUPER BOWL? That owner can be the biggest A-hole in the league! LOL

My only concern is the relationship between Haslam and Dorsey. So far, from what I have read, it's going OK. Haslam hasn't been sticking his nose in because he hasn't had to. He's got an experienced guy in there that knows what he's doing, and has gotten immediate (and quite impressive) results. Even the Haslams are smart enough not to mess with that.

But will it stay that way? Everyone knows there are a lot of owners who see their teams as "hobbies,toys" (LOL)
    Last edited by GAC; 02-16-2019 at 02:40 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post

But will it stay that way? Everyone knows there are a lot of owners who see their teams as "hobbies,toys" (LOL)

9. Likes:

GAC (02-17-2019)

Sure looks like this is the Browns' Division to dominate for the next decade.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Sure looks like this is the Browns' Division to dominate for the next decade.
    Never count the Steelers out. I've made that mistake before and later told myself not to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Never count the Steelers out. I've made that mistake before and later told myself not to do it again
    No doubt. I won't discount the Ravens or the Bengals either (no matter how wacky things have looked from the outside, there is still a lot of talent on that roster). The Browns took a giant leap to respectability last year. The next step is much more difficult. I'm hopeful they can start a run where they are sitting at or near the top of the division every year, but there is a lot of work still to be done.

OBJ a Brown. Wow!

OBJ a Brown. Wow!
    Browns get:
    WR Odell Beckham

Giants get:
    1st round pick (#17 overall)
    3rd round pick (#95 overall)
    Safety Jabrill peppers

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-for-beckham/

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Browns get:
    WR Odell Beckham

Giants get:
    1st round pick (#17 overall)
    3rd round pick (#95 overall)
    Safety Jabrill peppers

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-for-beckham/
    What a steal by the Browns. And the addition by subtraction of Peppers is the cherry on top. Worst player on the defense.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-13-2019),RiverRat13 (03-12-2019)

In C.J.'s post-game interview (he personally outscored the LAC in the 4th 23-20), he spent most of it gushing all over about his Cleveland Browns and then, basically, dropped the mic (he was a journalism major at Lehigh). He's excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Their Defensive Line rebuild has been A+.

I know I should be elated, but instead I'm a bit worried about this move. On paper the Browns just became one of the most talented offensive teams around, however AB showed how disruptive an unhappy player can be and I'm not sure I can see OBJ being all that happy in Cleveland.

I know I should be elated, but instead I'm a bit worried about this move. On paper the Browns just became one of the most talented offensive teams around, however AB showed how disruptive an unhappy player can be and I'm not sure I can see OBJ being all that happy in Cleveland.
    You’re crazy
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?