Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2019 Season

Re: Ohio State Football - 2019 Season

Schiano fired.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Lots of defensive changes coming (updated article from Letterman Row): https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...o-billy-davis/
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Schiano fired.
    Lots of coaching moves today.

Not all confirmed yet but the smoke is that Schiano, Davis and Taver Johnson are all out. Jeff Hafley (DB coach for the 49ers, will be co DC) and Greg Mattison (role unclear) are in so far.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

No shock here but Haskins is officially going pro: https://twitter.com/dh_simba7/status...59635057741824

Letterman Row article about Haskins decision: https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...ack-nfl-draft/
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    No shock here but Haskins is officially going pro: https://twitter.com/dh_simba7/status...59635057741824

Letterman Row article about Haskins decision: https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-...ack-nfl-draft/
    Yeah he has to. He would have lit it up if he came back, but I'd be worried about his ACL on every snap.

It's really too bad his amazing year was overshadowed by all the Urban stuff.

Schiano fired.
    Good thing Tennessee fans did what they did. Close call in Knoxville

8. Likes:

Todd Gack (01-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Good thing Tennessee fans did what they did. Close call in Knoxville
    Yeah, what a relief. Wouldn't have wanted Schiano to come in and lead Tennessee to a losing record...

10. Likes:

BillDoran (01-07-2019),jimbo (01-07-2019),Redsfaithful (01-08-2019)

Schiano is a good coach, probably deserves a shot at being a HC again. There were several factors that played into the D's demise this season. Bosa going out after 2.5 games was a killer, the LB core being as bad as I have ever seen at OSU, and the average secondary for an OSU team.

The big play thing was an issue that started to get resolved with a more basic defense as well as Brandon White coming and winning the other S spot. There really is no excuse for the Maryland game. The players missed some tackles, allowed several huge plays, and almost lost the game. I would have been fine either way with Schiano.

Davis needed to go and is gone. I think the DB coach came into a tough spot, but the DB's just didn't play well enough this season. Sheffield and Arnett were disappointing, and it Okuda didn't really make the big step until late in the year. IMO they are better with Wade and Okuda than they are with Sheffield and Arnett.

12. Likes:

jimbo (01-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Yeah, what a relief. Wouldn't have wanted Schiano to come in and lead Tennessee to a losing record...
    Good point. He woulda too

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post

Who is it going to be? Martell, Fields, or the wild cat Baldwin? I hate to see Haskins leave, but we've got some talent fighting for that QB job. Still can't say that about Michigan (LOL). I know Martell ain't too happy, and has been slinging some arrows Field's way via Tweets.... https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...6/#127409326_8

Let the games begin!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

If Fields get cleared it’ll be him. I think Tate will still see the field some, but I don’t think he can beat out Fields.

I don’t really give Baldwin any shot.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    If Fields get cleared it’ll be him. I think Tate will still see the field some, but I don’t think he can beat out Fields.

I don’t really give Baldwin any shot.
    I can't see Tate staying if he doesn't win the job after spring practice. He's good enough to start at most programs

I think it'll be an unpopular opinion, but I have to be honest that the way Tate Martell has been handled leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not sure it helps the program long term. You can't have a 5 star in every starting slot, and anyone that isn't a 5 star will have to wonder if OSU won't just go out and screw them over at some point. Loyalty should factor in somewhere.

I'm sure someone will say how is this any different from usual, but this case just seems particularly egregious.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I think it'll be an unpopular opinion, but I have to be honest that the way Tate Martell has been handled leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm not sure it helps the program long term. You can't have a 5 star in every starting slot, and anyone that isn't a 5 star will have to wonder if OSU won't just go out and screw them over at some point. Loyalty should factor in somewhere.

I'm sure someone will say how is this any different from usual, but this case just seems particularly egregious.
    See Jalen Hurts and Kelly Bryant.

Play the best man. The fact that it comes during a regime change makes this even less egregious.

C’mon.

19. Likes:

jimbo (01-08-2019),traderumor (01-08-2019)

See Jalen Hurts and Kelly Bryant.

Play the best man. The fact that it comes during a regime change makes this even less egregious.

C’mon.
    I was gonna say that exact same thing. If Tate wants to be the guy, than beat out Fields. I’m sure Chip Kelly would love to have him otherwise.

21. Likes:

traderumor (01-08-2019)

Turn Off Ads?