Thread: Ohio State Football - 2019 Season

Re: Ohio State Football - 2019 Season

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Looks like Martell is transferring.

https://www.si.com/college-football/...mpression=true
    We appreciate Tate. Thanks guys.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Justin Fields has immediate eligibility. Everybody assumed this would happen, but nice to have it official. He should be fun to watch in Day's offense

4. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (02-10-2019),jimbo (02-08-2019),Sea Ray (02-10-2019)

Buckeyes lost a running back recruit. This is probably not new news to some of you. https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/0...ecruiting.html

Matthew Baldwin has surprisingly entered the transfer protocol. So suddenly Ohio State is very thin at QB past Fields

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Matthew Baldwin has surprisingly entered the transfer protocol. So suddenly Ohio State is very thin at QB past Fields
    He just released a statement. Sounds like he wants to be closer to his family/home.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He just released a statement. Sounds like he wants to be closer to his family/home.
    I mean ok. Not great timing but oh well.

I’d go get Francois.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post

I’d go get Francois.
    Screw that, dude has tons of baggage.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Screw that, dude has tons of baggage.
    I thought his girlfriend said the DV thing was false, but if I’m wrong than yes screw that.

I’d go get Francois.
    Sounds like there is a guy going to enter the portal from UK who went to Dublin Coffman who may be a guy to go after.

Its funny, OSU was set at QB for years but things change fast. I think losing a QB from this class hurts because you lose that depth. They are in good hands at the starter with Fields and Miller in line, but those guys may be scaring away other potential QB's because of PT.

College sports is less-and-less about building and more about one-year situations. The transfer rules make things so fluid that teams can turn over a healthy portion of their roster in the offseason (especially in basketball). I wonder if we'll see declining focus on recruiting QBs out of high school in favor of knowing the national landscape of QBs and who might be available every offseason. Look at the OSU QB room right now, two and soon to be three transfer QBs.

College sports are changing dramatically right now. It doesn't appear it'll be the overnight policy shift, but free agency is here and very real. (And the NCAA remains the biggest joke I can possibly think of; see, Cal Poly).

3 days ago - QB Gunnar Hoak on Saturday announced that he is transferring to Ohio State, leaving the UK Wildcats without a clear-cut No. 2 signal caller. ... Hoak graduated from Dublin Coffman High School, which is less than 15 miles from Ohio State’s campus. ... He spent three seasons at Kentucky,
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    3 days ago - QB Gunnar Hoak on Saturday announced that he is transferring to Ohio State, leaving the UK Wildcats without a clear-cut No. 2 signal caller. ... Hoak graduated from Dublin Coffman High School, which is less than 15 miles from Ohio State’s campus. ... He spent three seasons at Kentucky,
    Also landed a top 2021 QB commit today. Looking forward to both of them transferring elsewhere at some point.

Also landed a top 2021 QB commit today. Looking forward to both of them transferring elsewhere at some point.
    Hoak is one snap away for the next two years. I have a feeling he will play out the remainder of his eligibility at OSU.

The 2021 commit will be one year behind Jack Miller, who looks to be the real deal coming in 2020. But its not hard to see a path for him to play. If everything goes as hoped, Miller will be the starter in his R-Fr season, and this 2021 guy in his R-SO season.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Hoak is one snap away for the next two years. I have a feeling he will play out the remainder of his eligibility at OSU.

The 2021 commit will be one year behind Jack Miller, who looks to be the real deal coming in 2020. But its not hard to see a path for him to play. If everything goes as hoped, Miller will be the starter in his R-Fr season, and this 2021 guy in his R-SO season.
    I know, I was joking (hopefully).

17. Likes:

goreds2 (05-01-2019)

Here's a blurb frojm the Tooedo Blade about Martell. Loyalty isn't one of his strong suits...

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/o...es/20190705107

Turn Off Ads?