Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Success rate of NFL internal hires

Re: 2019 Cleveland Browns...We're back !!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    No one asked me. In fact, I didn't really pay much attention to those lists being provided back-n-forth. And not out of any disrespect, but simply that they prove nothing definitively IMO.

Until some sort of study is done, I don't think any sound, concrete position can be put forth either way. JMO.
    To clear that up...Sea Ray said something about "before you pick apart the minutia of my list - my main point is...." So Sea Ray didn't say "not to", but it (in my opinion for sure) wasn't worth diving into. I certainly didn't want to! So let the record show SR never asked for his list to not be criticized piece by piece...that is correct.

2. Likes:

GAC (01-15-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    No one asked me. In fact, I didn't really pay much attention to those lists being provided back-n-forth. And not out of any disrespect, but simply that they prove nothing definitively IMO.

Until some sort of study is done, I don't think any sound, concrete position can be put forth either way. JMO.
    Yeah, I don't know where Kal got this:

It's been asked not to criticize the list piece by piece and I will oblige.
    But it's not important anyway

There's no need for any kind of study. It all comes down to whether you think the coaches on that list are any good. That's an opinion thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Yeah, I don't know where Kal got this:

But it's not important anyway

There's no need for any kind of study. It all comes down to whether you think the coaches on that list are any good. That's an opinion thing
    I explained the error above Sea Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I explained the error above Sea Ray.
    Yep, you sure did. I hadn't gotten that far in the thread when I replied to GAC's post but as I said, it's no big deal anyway

7. Likes:

kaldaniels (01-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    While not impossible, a study backed by objective data, is hard to argue with. An opinion (position) based on "what you think", and quite often influenced by our biases, and incomplete as far as data goes, can be. That's how this forum came about to be!

When it comes to this forum opinions, while welcomed, are argued ad nauseum and always will be (LOL). There is one thing I have learned (and sometimes the hard way too) about RZ .... when it comes to tossing out your opinion/position, make sure you dot all your i's and cross all your t's, because on a forum that is dominated by statistical analysis (evidence), and where everyone is from Missouri! - someone is going to question/challenge you (LOL).

There's really no need to carry this on any further and waste RZ band space because all "sides" are arguing with selective/incomplete info as far as I'm concerned.

And to be fair to you, the only thing you said on the Brown's thread was that in-house hirings RARELY work out. Not sure what the big deal was (is).
    Last edited by GAC; 01-15-2019 at 05:27 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?