Turn Off Ads?
Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Marvin Jones: doing the least with the most since 2006.
    There was sad news from the Jones' household a few days ago:

"Detroit Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr. announced Saturday that the youngest of his five children, Marlo, died on Friday. Marlo was 6 months old. A cause of death was not disclosed.

“Yesterday the Lord called home a piece of my family’s heart, Marlo,” Jones wrote on Instagram. “It is hard to believe that our little angel, our fighter from day one, our son “Marlito” has unfortunately passed away and is no longer here with us. Marlo, the joy that you brought to us everyday, with that smile, and that energy was like heaven on earth. You will always be in our hearts. We will always remember you."...

https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/lions-...arlo-has-died/

Rest in peace, little one.

2. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-05-2020),WrongVerb (01-05-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Marvin Jones: doing the least with the most since 2006.
    Sad story aside, you’ve got the wrong Marvin.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Sad story aside, you’ve got the wrong Marvin.
    Crap
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    There was sad news from the Jones' household a few days ago:

"Detroit Lions wide receiver Marvin Jones Jr. announced Saturday that the youngest of his five children, Marlo, died on Friday. Marlo was 6 months old. A cause of death was not disclosed.

“Yesterday the Lord called home a piece of my family’s heart, Marlo,” Jones wrote on Instagram. “It is hard to believe that our little angel, our fighter from day one, our son “Marlito” has unfortunately passed away and is no longer here with us. Marlo, the joy that you brought to us everyday, with that smile, and that energy was like heaven on earth. You will always be in our hearts. We will always remember you."...

https://nypost.com/2019/12/29/lions-...arlo-has-died/

Rest in peace, little one.
    I meant Marvin Lewis. Ugh!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Eagles do well with backup QBs. So who knows?
    This looks different

I have also heard rumors that the interview was also an audition of sorts for Lewis as they would like to ultimately hire Lincoln Riley and pair him with Lewis.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I have also heard rumors that the interview was also an audition of sorts for Lewis as they would like to ultimately hire Lincoln Riley and pair him with Lewis.
    Would Lincoln Riley leave Oklahoma for a coordinator job in the NFL? That seems like a stretch

Is there an obscure NFL rule that says pass interference cannot be called against an opponent of the Saints in a playoff game?
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Would Lincoln Riley leave Oklahoma for a coordinator job in the NFL? That seems like a stretch
    I believe Riley would be the head coach and Marvin would be defensive coordinator/AHC in that scenario.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I meant Marvin Lewis. Ugh!
    Yes...that was clear to me from the context. But I wanted to mention the Jones tragedy.

13. Likes:

WrongVerb (01-05-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Is there an obscure NFL rule that says pass interference cannot be called against an opponent of the Saints in a playoff game?
    "NEW ORLEANS -- For the second straight year, the New Orleans Saints' season ended with a question about whether a pass interference flag should have been thrown.

Officials decided both on the field and after reviewing the replay that there was not enough contact to charge Minnesota Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph with offensive pass interference after there appeared to be some hand-fighting with cornerback P.J. Williams on his game-winning 4-yard touchdown catch in overtime of the Vikings' 26-20 victory.

"There is contact by both players, but none of that contact rises to the level of a foul," said the NFL's senior vice president of officiating, Al Riveron, who briefly reviewed the play from the league's command center in New York. "This is consistent with what we've done all year long -- we left the ruling on the field. We let it stand."...

..."Saints coach Sean Payton didn't have any complaints about Sunday's call.

When asked if he got an explanation from the officials, Payton said: "Listen, that wasn't ... Really, I didn't see any officials [after the game]. I saw Mike [Zimmer], we chatted for a little bit. And saw some of the [Vikings] players we coached in the Pro Bowl and congratulated them. They did a good job, they played well."

Payton suggested multiple times that the Vikings "deserved to win."...

But others thought different:

"Saints defensive end Cameron Jordan was among those who took issue with Sunday's no-call.

"It doesn't matter. We're clearly not going to get a second ruling. The [referees] ran off, so basically they said it was a touchdown and didn't even review it," Jordan said. "Aren't all touchdowns reviewed, especially in overtime? That's something that I'm sure the league will come out with something in the postgame. Or maybe they won't."

Jordan later told NOLA.com, "Even up to the last second, we figured the ref was going to come in and be a ref. It's a joke."...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...t-flag-vikings

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Tom Brady should retire before he gets embarrassed further and tarnishes his legacy
    I cant stand TB12, but he wasnt the reason they lost that game. They have absolutely 0 playmakers on that team!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

16. Likes:

Chip R (01-06-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

At this point he’s not really an upgrade over Brissett.
    Really? Have you watched Brissett this year? He is average at best.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

The NFL traditionally has let offensive players get by with pushes, particularly in the end zone. Given that, I think no call was proper here. I do wish they'd call that more often. The league has been really hesitant to overturn judgment calls in this, yr one of that rule.

19. Likes:

Chip R (01-06-2020)

A
    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Really? Have you watched Brissett this year? He is average at best.
    Have you watched 42 year old Tom Brady this year?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Turn Off Ads?