Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

  1. #391
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    40,187

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Antonio Brown reports he will not play week 1...

    Raiders voided his guarantees by fining him for conduct detrimental making his contract week to week.

    He has asked the Raiders for his release.
    And they gave it to him.

    Raiders release Brown after tumultuous tenure https://es.pn/2ZIMU1H
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #392
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC or thereabouts
    Posts
    4,107

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And they gave it to him.

    Raiders release Brown after tumultuous tenure https://es.pn/2ZIMU1H
    Now watch the Patriots pick him up.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  4. #393
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Now watch the Patriots pick him up.
    I think itll be Baltimore but any team whod take a chance on troubled players (Bengals, Cowboys). Hes following the Ravens on social media and they drafted his cousin (which would explain him following them as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  5. #394
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think it’ll be Baltimore but any team who’d take a chance on troubled players (Bengals, Cowboys). He’s following the Ravens on social media and they drafted his cousin (which would explain him following them as well).
    Antonio wants guaranteed money to play. He also wants to be paid like the best receiver in football. And probably in his mind he thinks he deserves it. I don't see any team offering anything like the big guaranteed money he just flushed down the toilet. He will probably have to swallow his pride and play on a short term, non-guaranteed contract. Not sure his stomach is big enough.

    If he does sign, I do think it will be with a Pittsburgh rival (Ravens/Patriots/Bengals/Browns). And I don't think the Browns or Bengals would touch him.
    Last edited by phatknuckle; 09-07-2019 at 02:17 PM.

  6. #395
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    I genuinely feel sorry for Antonio Brown because I think CTE is playing a big part in all of this. The guy has gone off the rails.

  7. #396
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    117

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    I genuinely feel sorry for Antonio Brown because I think CTE is playing a big part in all of this. The guy has gone off the rails.
    Why are people constantly making excuses for the guy?This is all speculative, and there is no hard evidence. His history goes way back. It just picked up after he signed his first big contract extension. The guy has to accept responsibility, and from what I can tell is he has never accepted responsibility for any of his actions. All because he can play football. It is a shame someone will pick him up, and if it were the Bengals it would make me physically ill.

  8. Likes:

    Kingspoint (09-07-2019)

  9. #397
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,642

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Now watch the Patriots pick him up.
    I think he's way too toxic for NE to pick up

  10. #398
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,505

    2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think he's way too toxic for NE to pick up
    Yeah, about that...

    https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-27561789
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  11. Likes:

    jwdoc77 (09-07-2019)

  12. #399
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    61,146

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Tampering
    Go Gators!

  13. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (09-07-2019)

  14. #400
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,642

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I will say that I find that very surprising and it does kinda make you wonder if this deal was arranged beforehand

  15. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (09-07-2019),WVRed (09-07-2019)

  16. #401
    My clutch is broken RichRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Asheville, NC or thereabouts
    Posts
    4,107

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Now watch the Patriots pick him up.
    Not at all surprised. This had Belichick’s greasy fingerprints all over it.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

  17. #402
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    1

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    Why are people constantly making excuses for the guy?This is all speculative, and there is no hard evidence. His history goes way back. It just picked up after he signed his first big contract extension. The guy has to accept responsibility, and from what I can tell is he has never accepted responsibility for any of his actions. All because he can play football. It is a shame someone will pick him up, and if it were the Bengals it would make me physically ill.
    Antonio Brown pre-2017 was a likable guy and reportedly a good teammate. Maybe it was the contract, but his persona has taken a 180 degree turn in recent years. And you are wrong about him not ever owning up to his actions. I remember he apologized and was quite contrite for live streaming from the locker room in the 2017 playoffs. I also remember him actually thanking Ben for calling him out earlier in his career. Don't remember the year.

    His behavior has become more and more erratic since 2017. It's not making an excuse by saying there may be some serious mental health issue going on (to me that much is pretty clear) and that it may be related to the shots he's taken playing football.

    Before 2017, the only reported incident with Brown was in 2014 when he infamously stiff-legged the Bengals punter on a punt return and some questionable touchdown celebrations. Since 2017 it has been a completely different story.

  18. #403
    The Lineups stink. KronoRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    West N. Carolina
    Posts
    61,146

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Not at all surprised. This had Belichick’s greasy fingerprints all over it.
    They didn't even wait a day to sign him, this is so obvious it's hilarious, and the Pats know the NFL won't do a damn thing about it.
    Go Gators!

  19. #404
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    117

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    Antonio Brown pre-2017 was a likable guy and reportedly a good teammate. Maybe it was the contract, but his persona has taken a 180 degree turn in recent years. And you are wrong about him not ever owning up to his actions. I remember he apologized and was quite contrite for live streaming from the locker room in the 2017 playoffs. I also remember him actually thanking Ben for calling him out earlier in his career. Don't remember the year.

    His behavior has become more and more erratic since 2017. It's not making an excuse by saying there may be some serious mental health issue going on (to me that much is pretty clear) and that it may be related to the shots he's taken playing football.

    Before 2017, the only reported incident with Brown was in 2014 when he infamously stiff-legged the Bengals punter on a punt return and some questionable touchdown celebrations. Since 2017 it has been a completely different story.
    You got your info wrong. Look up the story of 2012 where mild manner Troy wants to light him up for cussing out Dick Lebeau.Sorry no link. He was never a good teammate or reasonable person. There are tons of stories like this.

    He got worse when he got paid. He is the typical attention seeking wide receiver. His half ass apologies are not taking responsibility, we just saw that with his heartfelt apology in Oakland, fake for show. Dude is a clown always was.

    CTE is a major issue, and he very well could be suffering from it, but past actions show he has always been this way.
    Last edited by Rdirtypirates; 09-07-2019 at 06:02 PM.

  20. Likes:

    Kingspoint (09-07-2019)

  21. #405
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    12,826

    Re: 2019 NFL Season

    How did the Patriots magically have $15M or even $9M available under the cap the day before the season started?
    Go BLUE!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator