Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

This is shady as hell.

Temper Tantrum Tampering.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    You got your info wrong. Look up the story of 2012 where mild manner Troy wants to light him up for cussing out Dick Lebeau.Sorry no link. He was never a good teammate or reasonable person. There are tons of stories like this.

He got worse when he got paid. He is the typical attention seeking wide receiver. His half ass apologies are not taking responsibility, we just saw that with his heartfelt apology in Oakland, fake for show. Dude is a clown always was.

CTE is a major issue, and he very well could be suffering from it, but past actions show he has always been this way.
    You're right, I found an article about that dust up in 2012. Brown has been a major diva for a lot longer than I realized. The Steelers must have been pretty good about keeping it under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    How did the Patriots magically have $15M or even $9M available under the cap the day before the season started?
    I'm sure AB has "agreed" to sign. Teams that actually want to win always figure a way out to get it done. Since AB isn't eligible until Week 2 anyway, the Patriots can figure out who to cut after they play their Week 1 game. Roster money isn't guaranteed until after Week 1.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I didn't noitice that accident of a long post on the previous page. Now I can't fix it as my time has expired.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    This is shady as hell.

Temper Tantrum Tampering.
    It wouldn't be the first time that the Patriots took advantage of a player pretty much forcing his way off of another club. One instance in particular I remember clearly was when the Patriots were in desperate need of a running back and suddenly LeGarrette Blount up and walks out on the Steelers during a game. Steelers release Blount and Patriots snap him up. There were a lot of whispers that someone from the Patriots were in Blount's ear. Then there was the Martellus Bennett situation, where he refused to play for the Packers because he was injured. Packers waived him, he was claimed by the Patriots and played that next week. I think Gronk was injured at the time meaning the Patriots needed a tight end.

How much of this was orchestrated remains to be seen. But it is really fishy.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-08-2019)

If I was the Raiders I would have had him stay home all yr...public opinion was on their side for the most part. I get you want to do right by agents but when you give up assets for a guy and see him walk out the door leaving you with nothing that has got to be tough to take.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

9. Likes:

Chip R (09-09-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    If I was the Raiders I would have had him stay home all yr...public opinion was on their side for the most part. I get you want to do right by agents but when you give up assets for a guy and see him walk out the door leaving you with nothing that has got to be tough to take.
    No doubt. No one forces a team to release an asset, however holding onto a player against their will is a tricky proposition. Doesn't sit well with agents and other players. Not to mention it would have been a year-long distraction (LeVeon Bell).

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

According to Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports, Redskins players are "upset" by coach Jay Gruden's decision to bench Adrian Peterson for Sunday's Week 1 game against the Eagles.

He'll take a seat in favor of Wendell Smallwood, who got the nod over Peterson due to his special teams expertise. The Redskins obviously want to see what they have in second-round sophomore Derrius Guice, who is due to make his debut after missing all of 2018 with a torn ACL. But even in a rebuilding year, it's still puzzling to see the Redskins demote Peterson, who many felt was Washington's best back during training camp. With Peterson inactive, Guice will carry the mail on early downs with Chris Thompson mixing in as a receiver out of the backfield.

SOURCE: ProFootballTalk on NBC Sports

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time that the Patriots took advantage of a player pretty much forcing his way off of another club. One instance in particular I remember clearly was when the Patriots were in desperate need of a running back and suddenly LeGarrette Blount up and walks out on the Steelers during a game. Steelers release Blount and Patriots snap him up. There were a lot of whispers that someone from the Patriots were in Blount's ear. Then there was the Martellus Bennett situation, where he refused to play for the Packers because he was injured. Packers waived him, he was claimed by the Patriots and played that next week. I think Gronk was injured at the time meaning the Patriots needed a tight end.

How much of this was orchestrated remains to be seen. But it is really fishy.
    Don’t forget James Harrison.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Don’t forget James Harrison.
    Harrison was signed more for information than for talent, but I agree that the timing of it was super shady. And didn't Randy Moss orchestrate his trade to NE back in the day. Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly. It's just awfully weird that whenever New England has a glaring need some star forces his way off his current team and is immediately snapped up by the Patriots. Of course if the NFL had a real commissioner maybe they would look into it.

I guess Lamar Jackson is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I guess Lamar Jackson is pretty good.
    He is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    He is today.
    I don't know what it is but the Ravens always seem to start with a team that's not prepared

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't know what it is but the Ravens always seem to start with a team that's not prepared
    Miami punted this season away a long time ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They always have a better prepared Defense, too.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

The Falcons look horrible.

Turn Off Ads?