Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Not sure I fully trust this woman for the reasons stated already, but there are texts/emails from Brown where he refers to second incident.

Why did she come back after the first two incidents? Simply conjecture, but from her standpoint.
    - She was living at home with her mother and had financial needs
    - She was a personal trainer and Brown may have been her only client, and almost certainly her highest profile and probably best compensating one. Not to mention as a athlete he could have been a gateway to other clients. As someone trying to build her business she may not have wanted to burn that relationship.
    - Brown may very well of apologized and made promises to knock off the alleged funny stuff. They knew each other before she started training him and so she may have been more forgiving.

After the alleged rape, it is harder to explain. Although it is possible Brown promised to 'take care of her financially or professionally' at the time and then reneged. Again, if you are a person struggling with money and/or trying to build your career I can see how you might be duped into not going to the police. At some point later if Brown turned his back, it would have probably too late to 'prove' rape occurred, and so she takes him to civil court where the bar is lower.

Of course it is just as likely that she was a spurned fling and is making a money grab. But that's for the courts to decide.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Not sure I fully trust this woman for the reasons stated already, but there are texts/emails from Brown where he refers to second incident.

Why did she come back after the first two incidents? Simply conjecture, but from her standpoint.
    - She was living at home with her mother and had financial needs
    - She was a personal trainer and Brown may have been her only client, and almost certainly her highest profile and probably best compensating one. Not to mention as a athlete he could have been a gateway to other clients. As someone trying to build her business she may not have wanted to burn that relationship.
    - Brown may very well of apologized and made promises to knock off the alleged funny stuff. They knew each other before she started training him and so she may have been more forgiving.

After the alleged rape, it is harder to explain. Although it is possible Brown promised to 'take care of her financially or professionally' at the time and then reneged. Again, if you are a person struggling with money and/or trying to build your career I can see how you might be duped into not going to the police. At some point later if Brown turned his back, it would have probably too late to 'prove' rape occurred, and so she takes him to civil court where the bar is lower.

Of course it is just as likely that she was a spurned fling and is making a money grab. But that's for the courts to decide.

Let's advance the discussion. Under what terms, if any, should AB play this week for the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Let's advance the discussion. Under what terms, if any, should AB play this week for the Patriots?
    I think he should play this week if the Patriots think he can help them win.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I think he should play this week if the Patriots think he can help them win.
    So you don't buy into the notion that we ought to believe these women based on their word? Ultimately that's exactly what this will come down to.

So you don't buy into the notion that we ought to believe these women based on their word? Ultimately that's exactly what this will come down to.
    No. That's why we have courts. It doesn't matter what I believe.

Unless the NFL suspends him and assuming he's in football shape, he will probably play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Correct.

Considering all of his past 'incidents', I don't see how the commissioner allows him to suit up and play until more is known about this. This is at least the third lawsuit filed against him in the past several years.

But if the NFL doesn't take this lawsuit seriously, then why should the Patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    This is at least the third lawsuit filed against him in the past several years.
    I honestly don't know his history. Were any of the other lawsuits against him successful? Did any of them have to do with domestic violence or sexual assault?

I honestly don't know his history. Were any of the other lawsuits against him successful? Did any of them have to do with domestic violence or sexual assault?
    Not the lawsuits. In April 2018 he allegedly threw furniture off his balcony that supposedly almost killed a toddler and the kid's grandfather. Don't think anyone was hurt but they sued for emotional damage. He claimed someone else threw the furniture but settled the lawsuit by agreeing to pay the kid's college tuition. In August of 2019 he was sued for allegedly stiffing a personal chef he hired to the tune of 38K and for not returning his cooking equipment. Not sure the status of it. And now this one. Speaking of DV though, police were called in Feb of 2019 for an incident where he allegedly pushed the mother of his children after she asked him to reimburse her for a haircut. No arrest was made.
    Last edited by phatknuckle; 09-11-2019 at 02:12 PM.

13. Likes:

Boston Red (09-11-2019),Chip R (09-11-2019),Revering4Blue (09-11-2019)

The courts have little to do with NFL discipline. They rarely wait for the courts to sort these things out before deciding on whether a guy can play or not.

The courts have little to do with NFL discipline. They rarely wait for the courts to sort these things out before deciding on whether a guy can play or not.
    True but they do investigate on their own. Reports are saying the NFL and the Patriots were blindsided by this lawsuit. I'm sure the Patriots won't mind if the NFL takes its own sweet time investigating this. I'm sure they will want them to be very thorough and deliberate. It's also somewhat different from a run of the mill discipline case. Usually law enforcement has been involved and maybe there's an arrest. They just can't act on the basis of a lawsuit especially when no criminal charges were filed. People (I'm not saying this woman is) could file lawsuit(s) because they don't like the player. A Bengals fan could file a lawsuit against Big Ben and have him suspended by the NFL for their game.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    True but they do investigate on their own. Reports are saying the NFL and the Patriots were blindsided by this lawsuit. I'm sure the Patriots won't mind if the NFL takes its own sweet time investigating this. I'm sure they will want them to be very thorough and deliberate. It's also somewhat different from a run of the mill discipline case. Usually law enforcement has been involved and maybe there's an arrest. They just can't act on the basis of a lawsuit especially when no criminal charges were filed. People (I'm not saying this woman is) could file lawsuit(s) because they don't like the player. A Bengals fan could file a lawsuit against Big Ben and have him suspended by the NFL for their game.
    I definitely believe there should be due process, even for AB. I'm just wondering what that's going to look like. They're interested in protecting their shield and they don't want to rile up the *MeToo folks.

I definitely believe there should be due process, even for AB. I'm just wondering what that's going to look like. They're interested in protecting their shield and they don't want to rile up the *MeToo folks.
    Perhaps the smart thing for them to do is stall until AB implodes with the Patriots. I think the ship has sailed with the "Me Too" people. How many instances of domestic violence has there been over the years? Innocent or guilty the impression is that they harbor abusers. Sexual assault is a bit different but if the NFL doesn't believe the plaintiff is credible, they will get riled up. If they believe she is credible and give him discipline, if it isn't permanent expulsion, they will be upset.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?