Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The dressing style has nothing to do with his play. It just shows misplayed priorities. He should have outgrown that by now. Deion Sanders didn't do the Neon Deion thing throughout his career. He cut that stuff out at the end.

Actually 9 yrs is nothing for a QB, especially one as big as he is but he has absorbed too many hits. Goes to show even if you're big and strong, there's a limit to how much a QB can run in the NFL. He's got shoulder and foot problems and they don't seem to be traced to any on the field play so it appears to be chronic
    Is he supposed to show up in Jean's and a plane white tee? Yes it was out there, but I dont get why we are talking about this.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Is he supposed to show up in Jean's and a plane white tee? Yes it was out there, but I dont get why we are talking about this.
    Because he looked like a dork and not a professional that gets paid tens of millions of dollars to be a professional?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Because he looked like a dork and not a professional that gets paid tens of millions of dollars to be a professional?
    While dressing like a dork, did he break any rules?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

While dressing like a dork, did he break any rules?
    No. But, the NFL is merely an industry of entertainers.....Clowns and Circus Acts. Discussing anything about them is on equal par.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (09-15-2019),Todd Gack (09-16-2019)

I told you why but because I'm a nice guy I'm going to repeat it just for you:

It's because he's drawing attention to himself when he plays the quintessential team game. That's not good. This isn't how Grady, Marino or Peyton Manning does a press conference

I told you why but because I'm a nice guy I'm going to repeat it just for you:

It's because he's drawing attention to himself when he plays the quintessential team game. That's not good. This isn't how Grady, Marino or Peyton Manning does a press conference
    Ok, the bandana was a little much, but the suit was pretty cool. But you really had to bring up Dan Marino? You think Cam Newton wants to dress like a typical 60 year old white guy? I'm a 65 year old white guy, and even I won't dress like that.

Cam Newton came from the game to the press conference and then was probably going out on the town on a date or something. He probably wasn't going to Fricker's for wings and a pitcher of Bud Light. In his mind, he was probably dressing normal and wouldn't wear what you wear to his own funeral. Cut the guy some slack.

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-16-2019),Revering4Blue (09-16-2019)

Name:  B3565D64-34EF-4D5A-B947-ADED0F5F5CA3.jpeg
Views: 190
Size:  98.1 KB
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2019 NFL Season

My new favorite QB, Ron Jeremy mustache and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Actually 9 yrs is nothing for a QB, especially one as big as he is but he has absorbed too many hits. Goes to show even if you're big and strong, there's a limit to how much a QB can run in the NFL. He's got shoulder and foot problems and they don't seem to be traced to any on the field play so it appears to be chronic
    So very true. All the analysts drool over the QBs who can run and throw but eventually they get beaten down. If I'm a team looking for a QB, I'm looking at guys who are dropback passers first and runners second. But how many of those guys are in college now and how many will develop in college in that kind of a system?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Ok, the bandana was a little much, but the suit was pretty cool. But you really had to bring up Dan Marino? You think Cam Newton wants to dress like a typical 60 year old white guy? I'm a 65 year old white guy, and even I won't dress like that.

Cam Newton came from the game to the press conference and then was probably going out on the town on a date or something. He probably wasn't going to Fricker's for wings and a pitcher of Bud Light. In his mind, he was probably dressing normal and wouldn't wear what you wear to his own funeral. Cut the guy some slack.
    My guess is as he goes out he wants it to be all about him there too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Is this a press conference?

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Name:  B3565D64-34EF-4D5A-B947-ADED0F5F5CA3.jpeg
Views: 190
Size:  98.1 KB
    I remember this one and it was a gag. He was clearly trying to be funny and it was successful

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So very true. All the analysts drool over the QBs who can run and throw but eventually they get beaten down. If I'm a team looking for a QB, I'm looking at guys who are dropback passers first and runners second. But how many of those guys are in college now and how many will develop in college in that kind of a system?
    Maybe they all get beaten down eventually, but I think Cleveland, Arizona and Baltimore fans are looking forward to the next 4 or 5 years with their running throwers.

My guess is as he goes out he wants it to be all about him there too.
    That's how you interpret it, and more than likely he just likes to dress up. A lot of people do simply because it feels good and there's no hidden agenda. My gf is a sharp dresser and doesn't even own anything that could be construed as frumpy, even though a pants suit would get her through the day too.

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (09-16-2019),kaldaniels (09-16-2019)

Turn Off Ads?