Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 78 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Lamar took a 4-5 team in 2018, then went 6-1 to close the season and win the division. Then this year he's running a team that is averaging 35 points per game (5 more than the 2nd place team), with a significant lead in QBR, while playing with an average at best receiving corps. The Ravens have a great OL, but Lamar's running ability also makes their job easier by giving the defense more to account for and has helped lead to Mark Ingram's great season.

The Panthers are middle of the pack in yards and points. McCaffrey is great, and he's probably helping Kyle Allen appear better than he is, but no running back can bring near the value of an elite QB.
    Again, it's a QB award. It's the QB position being so much more valuable than all of the other positions that makes it unfair in my book. They should can the award and just give awards out to the best at each position.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Again, it's a QB award. It's the QB position being so much more valuable than all of the other positions that makes it unfair in my book. They should can the award and just give awards out to the best at each position.
    There's an offensive player of the year award. RBs win that one pretty frequently. However, since Lamar is also in the top 10 in rushing this year, he's got a pretty strong argument for both awards. For non-QBs, I'd probably even rank Michael Thomas over McCaffrey, but both are having amazing seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way Jackson is playing right now he is a shoo in for the award, and rightfully so. The numbers he is putting up are unprecedented in NFL history. I will admit that I was so very wrong about him. How long he can keep this up is certainly a legitimate question, but he is nothing short of amazing in the moment.

5. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    BAL lost their Center for the year, so Lamar will get tested now.
    Why? He never used him anyway! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Undrafted Detroit rookie qb David Blough in a valiant effort almost beats the Bears today. He was 22 of 38 for 280 yards 2 tds and a pick.

Got to see C Frank Ragenow play. He was the top-rated center in the 2018 draft and was drafted at the #20 spot. The Bengals - always seeking value, always smarter than anyone else - traded out of the #12 spot to the #21, but Ragenow was gone, so they picked C Billy Price. How'd that work out?

Clowns.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Undrafted Detroit rookie qb David Blough in a valiant effort almost beats the Bears today. He was 22 of 38 for 280 yards 2 tds and a pick.

Got to see C Frank Ragenow play. He was the top-rated center in the 2018 draft and was drafted at the #20 spot. The Bengals - always seeking value, always smarter than anyone else - traded out of the #12 spot to the #21, but Ragenow was gone, so they picked C Billy Price. How'd that work out?

Clowns.
    "We have access to the same information as everyone else does... Just look at Terrell Davis."
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

9. Likes:

North (11-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post

Clowns.
    I was shaking my head at the time and I am certain if we go back to the draft thread I was vehemently upset at their idiocy.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

11. Likes:

North (11-28-2019)

I was shaking my head at the time and I am certain if we go back to the draft thread I was vehemently upset at their idiocy.

Now we are watching the Bills who are currently thumping Dallas.

The Bills totally revamped their OL this year...one holdover, three FA's, and a rookie.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-28-2019),Revering4Blue (11-28-2019)

I don’t know about you but at the time I didn’t think it was a bad pick. They got Glenn and upgraded at the time with Price compared to Russell Bodine. I wanted Ragnow but I didn’t think there was much separation between him and Price.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Have the Cowboys quite on Garrett? At best they were playing with no sense of urgency!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

A tip of the hat to young QB Allen who probably played the best game of his career.... 19 of 24 (79.2 percent) for 231 yards, 1 TD, no interceptions, and a 120.7 passer rating. He also rushed for 43 yards and a TD.

Read where people outside the Cowboy's locker-room were tweeting there was a lot of screaming and yelling going on after the game. And then there's the priceless expression on Jone's face as he is confronted by the media.

The Dallas Cowboys are now 6-6 .... 0-6 vs teams with a winning record. What's that tell you? And they piled up over 400 yards of total offense vs the Bills. QB Prescott was lucky he only had the two turnovers.

[if you haven't figured it out by now - not a Cowboy fan LOL]
    Last edited by GAC; 11-29-2019 at 03:51 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'm taking the wife out today (Black Friday), probably over to Polaris (Columbus), because she knows Saturday and Sunday I ain't going any where with a full slate of football (college and NFL). Besides OSU-Michigan (obviously) there's a lot of great college games on. Then Sunday is the dreaded rematch between my Browns and the Steelers. But the game of the week will be 49ers at Ravens, which also is on a 1 PM. I'll need carpal tunnel surgery on my remote going back and forth.

Ravens 5.5 point favorites, and most predictors say the Ravens have almost a 70% chance of victory. If there are any weaknesses with these two teams its the 49ers Run D (111 yds/G), and the Ravens Pass D (235 yds/G). The 49ers are #1 at stopping the pass (137 yds/G). Which QB is going to perform better, lead their team to victory?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I don’t know about you but at the time I didn’t think it was a bad pick. They got Glenn and upgraded at the time with Price compared to Russell Bodine. I wanted Ragnow but I didn’t think there was much separation between him and Price.
    Exactly. At the time we needed a LT that could step right in and we figured we'd still get a good player in the Bills' spot in the 1st rd. Billy Price was pretty much the best O-linemen on the expert's board at the time.

CB Josh Shaw suspended for betting on NFL games

NFL suspends Josh Shaw until at least 2021 for gambling on NFL games

The league said its investigation uncovered no evidence indicating any inside information was used or that any game was compromised, and that no other NFL players or coaches were aware that Shaw was betting on games.
    The league did not say when Shaw bet on games and whether he bet on games involving his own team, whether he was placing his bets legally or illegally, or how the league learned of his involvement in gambling.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-on-nfl-games/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Exactly. At the time we needed a LT that could step right in and we figured we'd still get a good player in the Bills' spot in the 1st rd. Billy Price was pretty much the best O-linemen on the expert's board at the time.
    I just had no idea at the time that Ohio State offensive linemen under Meyer were absolutely terrible in the NFL.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?