Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Eli's coming!!! Go Gints!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Eli's coming!!! Go Gints!
    If NYG win tonight, we can essentially buy our champagne tonight. Not cork it, but just let it sit on the counter in case there's a snowstorm.

4. Likes:

North (12-09-2019)

NYG dl is gassed.

You just can't beat home cooking.

NYG faces 11 in the box twice and fails to complete. How is that possible?...man coverage on the left, flare the back and be quick about it = first down.
    Last edited by North; 12-09-2019 at 11:30 PM.

Thud.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Thud.
    Were I a conspiracy nut I'd say that this game was fixed or thrown by the Giants. There were plays on defense where it looked like the NY defenders were flopping/flailing at making tackles. And on the game winning play they left the Eagles' main target uncovered. It sure seems like they were concerned about losing draft position

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Were I a conspiracy nut I'd say that this game was fixed or thrown by the Giants. There were plays on defense where it looked like the NY defenders were flopping/flailing at making tackles. And on the game winning play they left the Eagles' main target uncovered. It sure seems like they were concerned about losing draft position
    Those people who think last night was thrown... need to take their tin foil hats off and put a football helmet (or other sport uniform) on. Giants are still the Giants. They feasted on adrenaline from Eli being back and got gassed. It takes just a split second of miscommunication for a play to blow up. New York's DBs just got crossed up. You had 3 on 3 to the right of the formation stacked. Two guys bit on the route to the flat. Nothing more nothing less that's precisely why teams use that formation so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Those people who think last night was thrown... need to take their tin foil hats off and put a football helmet (or other sport uniform) on. Giants are still the Giants. They feasted on adrenaline from Eli being back and got gassed. It takes just a split second of miscommunication for a play to blow up. New York's DBs just got crossed up. You had 3 on 3 to the right of the formation stacked. Two guys bit on the route to the flat. Nothing more nothing less that's precisely why teams use that formation so much.
    It wasn't just that last drive. I saw defenders "flailing" to make tackles in the second half...dives where it looked like they were grabbing at a flag in an inter-mural game. The Giants gained 30 some yards after halftime. They gave up over 300. It's awfully hard to be that inept w/o trying.

Ummm...you have been watching the Bengals this season, right? I imagine fans around the league believe the Bengals have been throwing games all season.

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    Ummm...you have been watching the Bengals this season, right? I imagine fans around the league believe the Bengals have been throwing games all season.
    If the Bengals wanted to throw games they'd have left Finley in there. Apparently the players nearly had a mutiny in order to get Dalton back. They want to win and they've still only won one.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-10-2019)

If the Bengals wanted to throw games they'd have left Finley in there. Apparently the players nearly had a mutiny in order to get Dalton back. They want to win and they've still only won one.
    In your opinion is Finley an NFL caliber starting quarterback? Did he ever give the Bengals a better chance to win than Dalton would have? The fact that they started him at all says a lot.

I think all players want to win. They are not that concerned about what draft pick the team is going to get because most don't even know if they will be playing there the next year. The biggest difference between the Bengals and the Browns is that Pat Shurmur is fighting for his job. He is also trying to win. It's not clear what Zac's agenda is.

In your opinion is Finley an NFL caliber starting quarterback? Did he ever give the Bengals a better chance to win than Dalton would have? The fact that they started him at all says a lot.

I think all players want to win. They are not that concerned about what draft pick the team is going to get because most don't even know if they will be playing there the next year. The biggest difference between the Bengals and the Browns is that Pat Shurmur is fighting for his job. He is also trying to win. It's not clear what Zac's agenda is.
    After seeing Ryan Finley play I am sure that he is NOT an NFL caliber starting QB. He doesn't have the physical skills. I do like his moxie but I want more than moxie from my franchise QB. He makes Andy Dalton look like he has a cannon. If Andy had started those 3 games, I think the Bengals would have won two of them

After seeing Ryan Finley play I am sure that he is NOT an NFL caliber starting QB. He doesn't have the physical skills. I do like his moxie but I want more than moxie from my franchise QB. He makes Andy Dalton look like he has a cannon. If Andy had started those 3 games, I think the Bengals would have won two of them
    Was this not obvious to the Bengals or did they not care if they lost? Before accusing another team of throwing games, maybe you should take a good look at your own favorite team.

I fully believe the players put out on the field are going to try their hardest to win, because they are competitive by nature and don't really concern themselves about next season - mainly since they might not even be around. When an organization purposely puts inferior players on the field then that should be a concern.

Was this not obvious to the Bengals or did they not care if they lost? Before accusing another team of throwing games, maybe you should take a good look at your own favorite team.

I fully believe the players put out on the field are going to try their hardest to win, because they are competitive by nature and don't really concern themselves about next season - mainly since they might not even be around. When an organization purposely puts inferior players on the field then that should be a concern.
    First of all I'm not accusing anyone. I don't know enough to do that. I would not come out with such an accusation unless I had more evidence than what I saw from my couch.

As for the Bengals, I can't speak for them. I think they wanted to see what they had in Finley. If that's the case, they know now and it ain't much.

What do you mean about taking a look at my favorite team? They're the worst team in football to this point. What more do you want me to look at?

Turn Off Ads?