Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by phatknuckle View Post
    Was this not obvious to the Bengals or did they not care if they lost?
    It was reported in the story when it first came out that Dalton was benched, Finley to start, that the Bengals were impressed by his performance in the pre-season. That was a factor (according to the Bengals). And as the losses continued to pile up, Dalton struggling, they probably said to themselves "We ain't going anywhere the way it is! What's to hurt! Let's give Finley a try". And did so without any consideration on how it would affect Dalton. Yeah, IMO, they did Andy wrong. So they better draft Burrows.

But then the question arises ... Are they going to find a taker for Dalton (17.5M), and throw Burrows to the fire? A very bad move with this O-line and an inexperienced QB. But that's the trend these days ... or Dalton's your starter next year mentoring Burrows?

IMO, I don't think the Bengals reached a point this season were they said the heck with it, and started throwing games. These two so-called professional football teams in Ohia have shown themselves over an over how inept and stupid they can be in their decision-making abilities

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

LOL...that Bears last play....down by 8, they go with the laterals down the field....get all the way inside the 5 yard line!

- - - Updated - - -

Jameis Winston...1st QB in NFL history to have consecutive weeks of 450+ passing yards.

Talk about your rebuild...on SNF, they said BUF has only 3 players that were on the team from 2016.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

Seahawks PR
    @seahawksPR

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Josh Gordon of the Seattle Seahawks has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse.
    1:15pm · 16 Dec 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Stop me if you've heard this one before...
    Same as it ever was. The Patriots might be a bunch of cheating SOBs but they aren't going to get rid of a guy like that if they don't think he's going to backslide. Too bad for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Will Grier getting the start for the Panthers this weekend.

8. Likes:

Slyder (12-17-2019)

It was fun watching Brees pass Manning on the TD list. What do you guys think, in 2040 is Bengals QB Joe Burrow passing Brees?

Quote Originally Posted by reds77 View Post
    It was fun watching Brees pass Manning on the TD list. What do you guys think, in 2040 is Bengals QB Joe Burrow passing Brees?
    Yes but that won't put him into first all time.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Vikings dodged a bullet with Cook.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Dan Patrick had a great take today. Great advice for someone like me, actually.

https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/12...098443265?s=21

13. Likes:

Boston Red (12-18-2019),Chip R (12-18-2019),dubc47834 (12-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Dan Patrick had a great take today. Great advice for someone like me, actually.

https://twitter.com/dpshow/status/12...098443265?s=21
    The demise predictions only follow the Hall-of-Fame predictions. Can't have it both ways.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Well, isn't this special...

"Former Browns owner Art Modell among finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame’s ‘Centennial Slate’
    Updated 3:34 PM;Today 2:47 PM
    "By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio -- Former Browns and Ravens owner Art Modell, the man who fired Paul Brown and Bill Belichick and moved the Browns from Cleveland, is on the list of finalists a blue-ribbon panel will choose from for the Pro Football of Fame’s “Centennial Slate,” part of an expanded 20-person class to mark the NFL’s 100th year."...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/201...ial-slate.html

The comments from the Cleveland fans are, uh, spicy.

Wrong thread.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 12-19-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Well, isn't this special...

"Former Browns owner Art Modell among finalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame’s ‘Centennial Slate’
    Updated 3:34 PM;Today 2:47 PM
    "By Dan Labbe, cleveland.com

BEREA, Ohio -- Former Browns and Ravens owner Art Modell, the man who fired Paul Brown and Bill Belichick and moved the Browns from Cleveland, is on the list of finalists a blue-ribbon panel will choose from for the Pro Football of Fame’s “Centennial Slate,” part of an expanded 20-person class to mark the NFL’s 100th year."...

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/201...ial-slate.html

The comments from the Cleveland fans are, uh, spicy.
    I can put my "biases" aside ... and I'm one Brown's fan whose hate for Modell is not like seven burning suns (more to it IMO) .... yeah, I have no issues with him being on the ballot.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Might as well nominate Mike Brown too...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?