Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I can put my "biases" aside ... and I'm one Brown's fan whose hate for Modell is not like seven burning suns (more to it IMO) .... yeah, I have no issues with him being on the ballot.
    Don't stop there. Tell us why his accomplishments make him deserving. I sure can't think of any

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Might as well nominate Mike Brown too...
    In a situation like this, IMO, one needs to look at their record, what they accomplished in their career. Emotion shouldn't rule in this just because Cleveland fans hate the guy. He is a part of the NFL history. JMO

[and he accomplished far more then Mike Brown ever has]
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    In a situation like this, IMO, one needs to look at their record, what they accomplished in their career. Emotion shouldn't rule in this just because Cleveland fans hate the guy. He is a part of the NFL history. JMO

[and he accomplished far more then Mike Brown ever has]
    He did achieve a lot of success on the field in Baltimore but he also has some failures that trump anything Mike Brown screwed up such as firing Bill Belichick, Nick Saban and running down that stadium in Cleveland. He wouldn't get my vote. I don't find him deserving

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-23-2019)

So Haskins is the QB in Washington. And they have the #2 pick in the draft which most people think will be Chace Young. Urban Meyer was seen in the owners booth.....

could we be getting the band back together?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Seattle now has no Runningbacks to go along with their non-existent Offensive Line.

How do you get a Runningback this late into the season?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He did achieve a lot of success on the field in Baltimore but he also has some failures that trump anything Mike Brown screwed up such as firing Bill Belichick, Nick Saban and running down that stadium in Cleveland. He wouldn't get my vote. I don't find him deserving
    But, at least he hired Bill Bilichick in the first place. Mike Brown would never fire a Bilichick because he would never hire one to begin with. Mike Brown is horrible. He has never wanted to win. Art Modell has always wanted to win.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-23-2019),GAC (12-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    But, at least he hired Bill Bilichick in the first place. Mike Brown would never fire a Bilichick because he would never hire one to begin with. Mike Brown is horrible. He has never wanted to win. Art Modell has always wanted to win.
    And wanted to win BADLY. He wasn't an uber rich owner, like so many others who could plunk down the cash. He wheeled and dealed, and even borrowed, went into debt, to finance some of his teams. And he did build some damn good teams during his tenure as owner.

Anyone who really, really knew Paul Brown, the type of person he was... one of the greatest coaching minds in football, but also the biggest SOB and obsessive-compulsive control freak ever .... knew he was going to get fired at some point. The previous ownership was intimidated and scared to death of him (LOL). But he won.

No firing. No Bengals.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-24-2019)

Seattle now has no Runningbacks to go along with their non-existent Offensive Line.

I wonder if it'll actually help Seattle's play calling. They lean way too much on the run for a team that has one of the best QBs in the NFL. Being forced into more passing may open up the offense and make them more explosive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, at least he hired Bill Bilichick in the first place. Mike Brown would never fire a Belichick because he would never hire one to begin with. Mike Brown is horrible. He has never wanted to win. Art Modell has always wanted to win.
    Then it comes down to what's worse. Firing Hall of Fame coaches or never hiring them to begin with. Trouble is Art Modell has a much higher bar to clear for Centennial status than not being Mike Brown

He did win a Super Bowl. I'm sure that's not enough by itself, but that alone does put him in pretty rarified air.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-24-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Don't laugh too hard, but I have heard that Marshawn Lynch would consider a return.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Don't laugh too hard, but I have heard that Marshawn Lynch would consider a return.
    Or maybe Robert Turbin

Or maybe Alfred Blue. Either way, bad options
    Last edited by Sea Ray; 12-23-2019 at 11:56 AM.

This would be awesome. No good options, so might as well go with the most interesting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Likes:

dubc47834 (12-23-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Or maybe Alfred Blue. Either way, bad options
    Or...I would just work out Lynch and if he looks good go all nostalgic!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Turn Off Ads?