Turn Off Ads?
Page 70 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

Re: 2019 NFL Season

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    true but in his defense, outside of Adams, this is a really poor group of wide receivers. For all the great moves the Packers have made lately, drafting Gary over a good end was a mistake.
    Packers have the best OL in the league. Their WRs lead the league in separation. It's not the receivers who make Rodgers look bad. It's the reverse. His stats are inexcusably average for somebody with that OL and running game.

Get Up had a segment a few weeks ago breaking it down and it's pretty damning. https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/28290225

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jameis Winston setting records.

Winston, the quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, broke the single-season record for interceptions returned for a touchdown with seven.

Winston also became the first player in NFL history to throw for 30 or more touchdowns and 30 or more interceptions in a single season.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...es/2770529001/

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Packers have the best OL in the league. Their WRs lead the league in separation. It's not the receivers who make Rodgers look bad. It's the reverse. His stats are inexcusably average for somebody with that OL and running game.

Get Up had a segment a few weeks ago breaking it down and it's pretty damning. https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/28290225

Packers have a superb offensive line (thank you Elgton Jenkins). But Jake Kumerow, Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Geronimo Allison are not even average NFL players. And Jimmy Graham is finished. This is like Farve's Super Bowl season when Freeman and Brooks got hurt and Farve was just terrible. Then they brought in Andre Rison and Keith Jackson and all of a sudden Farve became Johnny Unitis.

Rodgers is having a weird season but has to get some credit for 13-3 playing with a new offense. And I'm sorry but "leading the league in separation" doesn't do much good if you can't catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    McCarron pitching the pigskin for the Texans today.
    So Bengals... determined to squeeze the last nickel and ending up getting nothing for McCarron.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    So Bengals... determined to squeeze the last nickel and ending up getting nothing for McCarron.
    They would’ve had a 1st round pick (I think it was) if the Browns knew how to send a fax.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    They would’ve had a 1st round pick (I think it was) if the Browns knew how to send a fax.
    The Browns preyed upon the Bengals greed - no way McCarron was worth a 1st round pick. So the Browns fiddled around, and were successful in seeing their division rival get squat. Remember, Mike Brown and company were clawing for "best value" until the last hour of the last day. I'm sure there were offers from other clubs.

Edit: Look almost certain that PGH is out.
    Last edited by North; 12-29-2019 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Packers have a superb offensive line (thank you Elgton Jenkins). But Jake Kumerow, Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, and Geronimo Allison are not even average NFL players. And Jimmy Graham is finished. This is like Farve's Super Bowl season when Freeman and Brooks got hurt and Farve was just terrible. Then they brought in Andre Rison and Keith Jackson and all of a sudden Farve became Johnny Unitis.

Rodgers is having a weird season but has to get some credit for 13-3 playing with a new offense. And I'm sorry but "leading the league in separation" doesn't do much good if you can't catch the ball.
    He's also got Aaron Jones who is one of the best weapons from the backfield in the NFL. And Packers receivers don't drop the ball much. The fact is that the only thing Rodgers has been elite at is avoiding turnovers. That's definitely important, but you want more out of him.

PFF has him ranked 27th in positively graded throws. He's still making the "wow" throws enough times to show that the elite traits are still there, but he's not consistently making the simple plays needed

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    He's also got Aaron Jones who is one of the best weapons from the backfield in the NFL. And Packers receivers don't drop the ball much. The fact is that the only thing Rodgers has been elite at is avoiding turnovers. That's definitely important, but you want more out of him.

PFF has him ranked 27th in positively graded throws. He's still making the "wow" throws enough times to show that the elite traits are still there, but he's not consistently making the simple plays needed

don't disagree with the fact that he's having a sub-par season. But I'm saying if he had Randall cobb and Jordy to throw to instead of this present crew (alawys excepting Adams) his numbers would be a lot better.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

So which head coaches get fired tomorrow?

Jason Garrett heads to go.
    The Atlanta head coach too.
    Who else?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Freddie's gone.

https://es.pn/367gGMN
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Freddie's gone.

https://es.pn/367gGMN

Your move, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    So which head coaches get fired tomorrow?

Jason Garrett heads to go.
    The Atlanta head coach too.
    Who else?
    Falcons already announced that Quinn will be back. Seems like a poor choice

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Losing to the awful Redskins has consequences, evidently.
    Apparently one of the consequences is that you get hired by that team. Rivera to the Redskins, according to Adam Schefter.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I like Jason Garrett. Good guy, decent coach. But the Cowboys HAVE to make a change after this year. I don't think Jones really wants to make a change, but it's necessary.

Look like Pat Schurmer is gone. Oddly enough he had a 9-23 record with the Giants which was his exact record with the Browns.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/p...n-two-seasons/
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?