Turn Off Ads?
Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1162

Thread: 2019 NFL Season

"So Fla Red"

Re: 2019 NFL Season

An odd decision by Brian Flores to fire Chad O'Shea as OC and hire Chan Fossil, I mean Gailey as new OC

Dolphin fans quite mystified by this move. I thought O'Shea did a great job with the talent provided. Especially in the second half of the year

2. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

If you can't draft a franchise QB in this era of mobile QBs that are not allowed to be hit then you have to draft guys with speed that can disrupt, slow them down and change the game plan on every play

Nick Bosa was a huge reason the 49ers went fast out the gate and came out of nowhere to get the #1 seed in the NFC

If Young can be anywhere close to Bosa he is the no brainer #2 pick

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-02-2020)

Bosa was icing on the cake of a great process conducted by John Lynch since he took over on Day 1 as the 49er G.M. Lynch has Super Bowl appearances in his future as 49er G.M. That's a tough Division.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    An odd decision by Brian Flores to fire Chad O'Shea as OC and hire Chan Fossil, I mean Gailey as new OC

Dolphin fans quite mystified by this move. I thought O'Shea did a great job with the talent provided. Especially in the second half of the year
    Is that his Far Eastern Cousin?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    The fact that he didn't get sacks does not mean he was neutralized. He was getting double or triple teamed most of the game, opening up other guys for sacks. He hit Lawrence 4 or 5 times and forced him to rush a number of throws. Yes he didn't have a game breaking play, but it's unrealistic to expect a defensive player to have one every game. His impact on the defense was still huge.

That said, I'm also firmly in the Burrow camp. But as an OSU fan I've watched both Bosas and now Young for the last 7 years and am more impressed by Young. If he can even just match those guys he's worth the top non-QB pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They could get Rick Strom to do play-by-play.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I find it somewhat interesting that with all these coaching openings, I've not heard Marvin Lewis mentioned as so much as getting an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I find it somewhat interesting that with all these coaching openings, I've not heard Marvin Lewis mentioned as so much as getting an interview.
    He was connected to Washington last week before Rivera locked it up. There's less turnover this year than the last few years.

He was connected to Washington last week before Rivera locked it up. There's less turnover this year than the last few years.

I'm not buyin' that Wash Redskin report. I think it was bogus.

10. Likes:

oregonred (01-03-2020)

Garrett is finally out in Dallas.

"So Fla Red"

Wow did Jerry string out Garrett

I can't imagine who wants that job at this point. On paper the clear #1 oppty available but man...

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Wow did Jerry string out Garrett

I can't imagine who wants that job at this point. On paper the clear #1 oppty available but man...
    You think people might not want the Dallas Cowboys job because Jerry Jones took four days to decide to fire Garrett after Garrett spent a decade as his head coach? I....don't think that's going to negatively affect things.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You think people might not want the Dallas Cowboys job because Jerry Jones took four days to decide to fire Garrett after Garrett spent a decade as his head coach? I....don't think that's going to negatively affect things.
    I think that kind of loyalty to a head coach makes the job more desirable, not less. The negative is no GM.

15. Likes:

Chip R (01-03-2020),Revering4Blue (01-03-2020)

I think that kind of loyalty to a head coach makes the job more desirable, not less. The negative is no GM.
    Yeah. Say what you will about Jerry but he stuck with Garrett a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

"So Fla Red"

Actually you guys have changed my thinking on this. He has given Garrett a lot of rope but has been visibly upset the last month. Anyone who wants any level of GM responsibilities would be a no-go.

If only Mike Brown cared 1/100th as much

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-04-2020)

Lewis is meeting with the Cowboys today

Lewis is meeting with the Cowboys today

Jeez... Going from Mike Brown to Jerry Jones. I guess it's an improvement. Going from a meddlesome owner with winning as his 3rd priority to a meddlesome owner with winning as his 1st priority.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Turn Off Ads?