Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Marty Brennaman: 2019 is my final year

Re: Marty Brennaman: 2019 is my final year

Quote Originally Posted by Marsh15 View Post
    I’m not talking about the fans who know Marty as a reds staple and hate to see the legacy end

I’m talking about the endless amount of fans who say Marty was too synical and that thom is even more unbearable. Read through here; It took 2 minutes to turn into a Brennaman ***** fest.

I have great memories of Marty. Thom is also good. Not their fault the players and product stink
    The product mostly stinks for the last 27 years or so...But, since Marty started in 1974, the Reds have three world series rings to their credit. In those 44 years (wow, I'm old!) how many MLB franchises have more than 3 world series titles to their name? Maybe 3 teams? I'd be thrilled if I knew the Reds would win 3 more titles in the next 44 years....

I will miss Marty after he is gone. Thom I can't stand....
    Last edited by mbgrayson; 01-16-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

I’m not talking about the fans who know Marty as a reds staple and hate to see the legacy end

I’m talking about the endless amount of fans who say Marty was too synical and that thom is even more unbearable. Read through here; It took 2 minutes to turn into a Brennaman ***** fest.

I have great memories of Marty. Thom is also good. Not their fault the players and product stink
    Thom is not good, in fact he sucks.

I'm a Reds fan for 43 years, I think I have right to say what I feel

4. Likes:

919191 (01-17-2019),Always Red (01-17-2019),Blimpie (01-28-2019),Chip R (01-17-2019),cumberlandreds (01-17-2019),Mitri (01-17-2019),redsmetz (01-16-2019),The Operator (01-19-2019),TNRED (01-16-2019),WildcatFan (01-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thom is not good, in fact he sucks.

I'm a Reds fan for 43 years, I think I have right to say what I feel
    Ive been a fan for 29 years

The product on the field is the real thing that sucks

Complaining about the announcers is just whiny. Thom has been the lead for the NFL, CBB, BCS, Fox baseball, etc.

His resume speaks for itself. I bet if the reds were better over the last decade, you’d love him

Complaining about the announcers is just whiny. Thom has been the lead for the NFL, CBB, BCS, Fox baseball, etc.

His resume speaks for itself. I bet if the reds were better over the last decade, you’d love him
    He has great voice, he does football well, he does not do baseball well at all.

He tries to create drama out of anything that piques his interest (IE talking points) he is backwards thinking about style of play, he is ignorant of history before his time. the product is not the problem, I have spent years listening to bad teams announcers and they don't hate the game as much as he does

He is what Creed was to Grunge.

7. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-17-2019),cincinnati chili (01-17-2019),cumberlandreds (01-17-2019),Kilgore_Trout (01-16-2019),OGB (01-17-2019),redsmetz (01-17-2019),The Operator (01-19-2019),WrongVerb (01-16-2019),Yachtzee (01-17-2019)

He has great voice, he does football well, he does not do baseball well at all.

He tries to create drama out of anything that piques his interest (IE talking points) he is backwards thinking about style of play, he is ignorant of history before his time. the product is not the problem, I have spent years listening to bad teams announcers and they don't hate the game as much as he does

No offense, but you sound like the one creating drama/being dramatic.

Lot of hate for an announcer. Ignorant to baseball history before his time? Wow, yeah his 1940's and 50's baseball knowledge sure is valueable to the 2018 audience.

backwards thinking about style of play? let me guess, maybe he said Votto should swing at more pitches 4 years ago (That really riles up the Thom lynchmob)

How dare an announcer covering a slow moving sport, 3 hours long, with TALKING POINTS!

I don't need to read his resume. My ears tell me all I need to know.

No offense, but you sound like the one creating drama/being dramatic.

Lot of hate for an announcer. Ignorant to baseball history before his time? Wow, yeah his 1940's and 50's baseball knowledge sure is valueable to the 2018 audience.

backwards thinking about style of play? let me guess, maybe he said Votto should swing at more pitches 4 years ago (That really riles up the Thom lynchmob)

How dare an announcer covering a slow moving sport, 3 hours long, with TALKING POINTS!
    Yeah, it's me.

Everyone else loves Thom's style

Fine... you like him I don't.

I also don't spend my life listening to only Reds baseball, so maybe my POV is not correct.

Whatever

I love this line. I’m going to have to find a way to work this into conversation at some point.

It’s true, too.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

12. Likes:

cincinnati chili (01-17-2019),The Operator (01-19-2019)

Vin Scully in 2020, please.

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-17-2019)

I feel like Marty doesn’t give a crap what people think anymore, but maybe he will elevate that to a new level since he now has one foot out the door...it could be glorious.

16. Likes:

Always Red (01-17-2019),KittyDuran (01-19-2019),redsmetz (01-17-2019),Ren Deagle (01-16-2019),Revering4Blue (01-17-2019),The Operator (01-19-2019)

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Wait what is this?
    IIRC, that was a posed picture for a charity calendar.
    /r/reds

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (01-17-2019)

I've been listening since the Waite Hoyt years, so I've heard lots of the good and the bad. Fourteen years ago, I moved far enough away to only get limited/sporadic radio broadcasts of Reds games. Marty has had a great career but it's time. From what I could tell, he quit "calling" the games and became overly critical and opinionated to the point of distraction. I realize the product on the field was bad but no need to pile on. That's what we here at RedZone are for. As for Thom: I said before that I don't mind him on national broadcasts, but he's brutal on Reds games. He whines and harps to no end. It's like he's taking everything personal instead of just doing his job.

20. Likes:

Always Red (01-17-2019),alwaysawarrior (01-17-2019),Chip R (01-17-2019),marcshoe (01-17-2019),Ron Madden (01-17-2019),The Operator (01-19-2019),Tom Servo (01-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    I've been listening since the Waite Hoyt years, so I've heard lots of the good and the bad. Fourteen years ago, I moved far enough away to only get limited/sporadic radio broadcasts of Reds games. Marty has had a great career but it's time. From what I could tell, he quit "calling" the games and became overly critical and opinionated to the point of distraction. I realize the product on the field was bad but no need to pile on. That's what we here at RedZone are for. As for Thom: I said before that I don't mind him on national broadcasts, but he's brutal on Reds games. He whines and harps to no end. It's like he's taking everything personal instead of just doing his job.
    I used to love baseball. After the 1981 strike, I used to say that bad baseball was better than no baseball. I loved listening to Marty and Joe growing up. But Joe passed away and the Brennemans sucked out all the joy I used to get from the game. So now I say no baseball is better than Brenneman baseball.

And of course, I live in Indians territory, so I can't listen to Tom Hamilton either because I don't like being yelled at for 3 hours.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

22. Likes:

Old NDN (01-17-2019),Redsfaithful (01-17-2019),Ron Madden (01-17-2019)

Marty has cast a big shadow on my life and has left me with a lot of fond memories. That said, I think it’s good that he’s moving on. And now that he is retiring, I truly hope the Reds bring in a capable person from the outside to fill the gap Marty will leave. Say what you want about the guy, but they clearly don’t have the talent to replace him in house.
    School's out. What did you expect?

24. Likes:

919191 (01-17-2019),GAC (03-06-2019),Redsfaithful (01-17-2019),Revering4Blue (01-17-2019),Ron Madden (01-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I used to love baseball. After the 1981 strike, I used to say that bad baseball was better than no baseball. I loved listening to Marty and Joe growing up. But Joe passed away and the Brennemans sucked out all the joy I used to get from the game. So now I say no baseball is better than Brenneman baseball.

And of course, I live in Indians territory, so I can't listen to Tom Hamilton either because I don't like being yelled at for 3 hours.

I agree about Hamilton. I cringe on his snippets on highlights on MLB Network. He doesn't stop.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?