Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Frank Robinson Has Passed Away

Re: Frank Robinson Has Passed Away

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Robinson as viewed through his baseball cards.
    https://tht.fangraphs.com/card-corne...obinson-story/
    Fantastic article. Very insightful. Really enjoyed learning about Robinson through his cards.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Frank Robinson passed away 3 yrs ago today.
    Robby was remembered by a Baltimore tv station with a video at the beginning and another video at the end of this short article.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/frank...oneer/39003066
    Wow already been 3 years? So much has changed since then. Always good to remember Frank Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Not to wax too philosophical, but age gives you that perspective. In your youth, you feel things passionately. Love, hate, happiness, sadness, boredom, competitive fires, and all that. Along with age comes acquiring the emotional armor to allow you to better deal the inevitable blows that life delivers. The trouble is with that you lop off the low lows but also the high highs. Life is more settled. Looking back on life’s arc, you see your youth in a different way and realize it for what it was with all its roaring passion and decide it was actually pretty good. Robby probably felt a bit of that.
    I like this reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Thanks for sharing this.

One of my favorite Robinson cards is the one I use for my avatar
    That's one of my favorite cards of him as well. It's hanging up on my memorabilia wall. Love the large size. Waiting on that jersey to be delivered any day.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Yep, I'll be in that neighborhood this weekend, going to hook up with my HS buddy for our third Bengals Super Bowl
    Root'em to a championship ��

MLB Remembers A Legend For Black History Month

February is Black History Month, and during this time, it’s important to remember so many who battled through such adversity in their fight for justice and equal treatment, including those in sports.

On this day, MLB is remembering one of the finest African-American players to ever step foot on a baseball field in Hall-of-Famer Frank Robinson.

Robinson is the only player to win the Most Valuable Player Award in both the American League and National League.

The outfielder and first baseman played 21 seasons in Major League Baseball, splitting time with the Cincinnati Reds, Baltimore Orioles, Los Angeles Dodgers, California Angels, and Cleveland Indians.

In addition to his two MVP Awards, he earned a Rookie of the Year Award, a Gold Glove, a batting title, a Major League Player of the Year Award, a Triple Crown, an All-Star game MVP Award, two World Series championships, and a World Series MVP Award.

He also was a 14-time All-Star

Robinson also managed for 17 seasons, earning a Manager of the Year Award.

The Hall-of-Famer is certainly one of the most accomplished baseball figures of all time

Needless to say, Robinson accomplished a little bit of everything during his time in Major League Baseball, and is an important person to remember throughout Black History Month.

story and short video here:
    https://www.thecoldwire.com/mlb-reme...history-month/

8. Likes:

Chip R (02-03-2023),goreds2 (02-03-2023),HokieRed (02-03-2023)

Turn Off Ads?