Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds and Realmuto - Part 2

Re: Reds and Realmuto - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    what do we think the percentage of realmuto-to-the-reds is now? like 5%? higher? lower?
    Higher. If I have to give a number: 30%

2. Turn Off Ads?
    He still bangs

Quote Originally Posted by bikeman71 View Post
    At what point does this become embarrassingly bad for the Marlins? I’ve been extremely disappointed with the Reds front office for the last several years (loving this offseason), but this Marlins front office is criminal-bad.
    Yeah, Marlins are just really bad at trades. Obviously getting Castillo and Disco from them was criminal, but that Yelich deal from last year is looking bad bad bad bad bad. If the Reds steal Realmuto for India and Barnhart and that’s the best they can get, I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    Yeah, Marlins are just really bad at trades. Obviously getting Castillo and Disco from them was criminal, but that Yelich deal from last year is looking bad bad bad bad bad. If the Reds steal Realmuto for India and Barnhart and that’s the best they can get, I almost feel bad for them. Almost.
    Exactly! They have done so much damage to Realmuto’s value by trying to leverage the press...they look like fools...I can’t believe that a cornerstone of India/Barnhardt could get this done. Kudos to Dick for recognizing a Moneyball opportunity and exploiting it.

Schebler, Disco, Barnhart, R. Stephenson and India for Realmuto and Urena.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

bagz (02-02-2019),BEETTLEBUG (02-02-2019),Spanky (02-02-2019)

Think this might end up being a 3 team trade.

Maybe send Tucker and scooter to Oakland to fill in starting positions there.

The return from Oakland could go straight to Miami- Jorge Mateo, James Kaprielian,Luis Barrera along with Jonathan India

Reds acquire Realmuto and Nick Wittgren

This trade opens up payroll even more while only taking away 1 prospect from our farm allowing us to go after a center fielder or ace.

8. Likes:

1thru5 (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    All indications are that the Marlins are asking for the moon. If they end up with something less, it's not due to their not trying

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    All indications are that the Marlins are asking for the moon. If they end up with something less, it's not due to their not trying
    When the Reds were selling off, everyone was complaining about their moves too.

Todd Frazier, Jay Bruce, Chapman (special situation). The Frazier trade was blasted on here.

In sell off situations you often just take the best deal you can find at the time.
    Last edited by Kc61; 02-02-2019 at 08:27 AM.

11. Likes:

SidneySlicker (02-02-2019)

I really hope somebody trades for JTR or the Reds bow out. Otherwise these threads are going to go on and on and on

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Todd Frazier, Jay Bruce, Chapman (special situation). The Frazier trade was blasted on here.

In sell off situations you often just take the best deal you can find at the time.
    In the end I feel like the Reds won that deal, though I really would've preferred Montas at the time. I still probably would straight up against Peraza but with Schebler the Reds got the better package. I think I'm more unhappy that Frazier was eventually packaged with Robertson to get one of my favorite minor leaguers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

It’s difficult for bad teams to leverage for good players. Opposing teams with strong FO’s expect to get a premium for good talent from lesser clubs due to their need for talent and inability to attract said talent in FA to fill their needs. The good FO’s hold out to get what they want in return for their talent. At that point it’s a battle of wills and options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I really hope somebody trades for JTR or the Reds bow out. Otherwise these threads are going to go on and on and on
    At the risk of sounding like a wiseacre, you realize that you are the ultimate arbiter regarding your disdain for this conversation.

You know the easy solution to that, right?
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

16. Likes:

MR X (02-02-2019),mth123 (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a wiseacre, you realize that you are the ultimate arbiter regarding your disdain for this conversation.

You know the easy solution to that, right?
    Of course I do but what fun would that be? I'm always down to hang out and watch a dead horse beating and even take a shot or two but the longer this thing drags out the less real updates and outside source reports are available to discuss and it just grows stale with trade package ideas and questionable rumors packaged with stats, projections, and opinions.

So yeah, I could see myself out but that's not my style.

At the beginning, IMHO, this smelled like a 3-team deal where JT would be flipped to another suitor, ultimately leading to a TOR starter coming back to the Reds. Now I don't know how we match up as partners to the others reportedly involved under that scenario- Pads, Braves, Dodgers- so it looks more and more like the efforts are to bring him here.

We sure wouldn't complain if he landed here as JT would mash at GABP but a gut assessment makes it seem like a true ace + current rotation gets us closer to the postseason vs the swapping JT for Tucker .

Quote Originally Posted by 1thru5 View Post
    At the beginning, IMHO, this smelled like a 3-team deal where JT would be flipped to another suitor, ultimately leading to a TOR starter coming back to the Reds. Now I don't know how we match up as partners to the others reportedly involved under that scenario- Pads, Braves, Dodgers- so it looks more and more like the efforts are to bring him here.

We sure wouldn't complain if he landed here as JT would mash at GABP but a gut assessment makes it seem like a true ace + current rotation gets us closer to the postseason vs the swapping JT for Tucker .
    I think a true ace is out of our price range. We'll have to grow one ourselves. Let's hope Castillo continues down that path

20. Likes:

1thru5 (02-02-2019),Chainsaw (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    In the end I feel like the Reds won that deal, though I really would've preferred Montas at the time. I still probably would straight up against Peraza but with Schebler the Reds got the better package. I think I'm more unhappy that Frazier was eventually packaged with Robertson to get one of my favorite minor leaguers.
    You’d prefer a guy with a 4.40 era in AAA to Peraza? Peraza is really going to have to work extra to win you over, eh?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

22. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (02-04-2019)

Turn Off Ads?